Are guys just not observant?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 27CDruid
    Oh so now theres a $100 minimun???

Personally i thought it was kinda sweet of jimmy. He should get her a real one that doesnt melt in the washing machine though.
    $100? That's $94 more than Al Bundy's $6 figure.

Comment

Originally posted by Atomic girl
      I read all these posts and I had to respond. I had this great plan to start dating seriously a few years after I graduated from college and was well into my career. Then, BAM, I meet my future husband right before my 18th birthday, my freshman year in college. I got engaged my sophomore year of college and since I was so young no guy noticed my diamond engagement ring on my finger. It was the classic, solitaire engagement ring, so I don't think it sent mixed messages. I found that after meeting any guy, I would work my boyfriend, fiance, and then husband into any conversation and pronto. Usually right around the second sentence out of my mouth referred to him.

I had a good friend (a study buddy) thank me for helping him avoid an awkward situation by doing that. He said he wished any girl dating another guy would do that, since there is no way to see if a girl is dating someone. He said otherwise he might very well have asked me out. This way we were very good friends throughout college and to this day.

I don't consider it cluelessness as much as I see it as guys just giving themselves a chance. Today girls don't even follow the "rules" when it comes to wearing rings. So even seeing a ring doesn't mean a girl is taken, so we gals need to give guys a heads up and say something.

And to weigh in on this particular instance. I would feel a little like my proposal was rushed if I was given that plastic ring. I want the guy that proposes to have really thought about it. My guy found out what I liked in rings, found one and even had it sized before he proposed. That's how well he knew me and how well he had thought it out. So Jimmy, you need to get get a "real" ring and soon......let your girl know how much she means to you.
      Atomic Girl,
      Just curious. How much do you resemble Saturn Girl? If you looked anything like the Saturn Girl on Smallville, I think I'd ignore the ring too.

Comment

Originally posted by BadToad
        Well, she's wearing some big, tacky plastic ring on her finger. Who would think that was an engagement ring?

If Chloe was hanging out around me, and she told me that was her engagement ring, I'd have to talk a little sense to the girl and tell her that sentiment is fine and lovely, but her guy can spring for a decent ring with a diamond on it.

The whole plastic ring being endearing thing that Chloe has going is totally not working for me. She deserves a proper ring!
        Yeah, Jimmy said they'd have Breakfast at Tiffany's in the morning, but they never went

Comment

Okay, I just found this thread, and I think I gotta defend my homeboy Jimmy lol. To be honest, I loved that proposal. I found it so sweet. But maybe that's me cause I'm sentimental.

But you've gotta watch that moment to really appreciate it. Chloe was dying and he realized he almost lost her... that he wanted to spend the rest of his life with her. So he got the first ring he could find at that moment. And it just so happen to be from the hospital gift shop. It doesn't make him cheap, it makes him spontaneous.

Chimmy proposal...then Chloe gets dragged out by the Department of Domestic Security.Footage compliments of Sunflowercyn

I mean, his whole speech is sweet, until the fake DDS busts in.. lol... And he hadn't exactly gotten a new ring, since he was busy probably looking for her.... So he gave her that ring in Odyssey when she came back. And Plastique was like a week later. Then 4 weeks after that she had her real ring.

In the real world, a million things could happen. The ring gets picked, sized, re-sized, changed, adjusted, etc etc.... my friend got engaged in November and her fiancee was working on the ring since like August lol... and even after he proposed they still had to get it adjusted a bunch of times. It wasn't until the new year she was sporting the rock 24/7.

Comment

Working...
          X
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎