Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are guys just not observant?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I went back & saw that Cedric pretty much said the same thing I did in slightly different words.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyn
      Also, my take on the a white dress is a white dress argument...Football, baseball, basketball what difference does it make? A ball is a ball is a ball so who cares if Michael Jordan kicks a field goal and wins the world series?
      I had to laugh at this.....touche......

----- Added 38 Seconds later -----

Originally posted by xrayvision
      A nice post. Though it's always disheartening when I hear "boyfriend" being said. Then again, most times I hear it from girls without any rings. So I guess it's a good thing when you really think about it. Thanks for clearing that up.
      Aw thanks
      Last edited by Atomic girl; 09-29-2008, 12:52 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by Cyn
        I am female and I have to come to Clark & Davis' defense here. I wouldn't have thought that ring was an engagement ring either. I WOULD have thought to myself "Tasteless much Chloe", but I would never have said a word to her about it.

Also, my take on the a white dress is a white dress argument...Football, baseball, basketball what differense does it make? A ball is a ball is a ball so who cares if Michael Jordan kicks a field goal and wins the world series?
        Exactly a dress is a dress a ball is a ball and a ring is a ring.

Comment

Originally posted by 27CDruid
          Girls actually did that? A very weird species indeed....
          Yea, not going to lie. I had a boy as a best friend when I was 7, and he gave me a ring made from the twisty ties on a loaf of bread and told me one day we would get married. I think I had it for a long time....it was cute.

Comment

I can't blamed them for not notice it.I was sure my self that it was a just a ring like she wears every day.Franckly,I thought that thing sorry that ring was from a bubble gum machine or something.Jimmy is the cheapest fiance ever
            Last edited by Sweetie; 09-30-2008, 06:05 AM.

Comment

It has less to do with being observant and more to do with the tacky excuse for a ring. There is now way I would ever confuse that thing for an engagement ring.

Comment

Originally posted by AChloeChick
                Actually, I think it's because they're just too into Chloe to notice anything else. Especially Davis!

Besides, men aren't exactly the most observant when it comes to things like that.
                they just like to look at the boobies.

Comment

Clark: so your ready for a change

Chloe: (looks at her ring, slides her hand up to the top of her bag so it's in Clark's vision) um, actually some pretty big changes

Clark: (phone beeps and he is distracted) apparently the godess of journalism is wondering where i am

---

sorry i wanted to quote this just to remind everyone what actually happened. Chloe tried to hint by waving the thing in his face, but just as she did this, he looked at his phone and the curiosity he might have gotten was gone

if the scene hadnt been interrupted and he still hadn't noticed then i'd call him oblivious, but i don't think it was that bad

p.s. i'm a girl and i dont always notice stuff like that. it's not that i wouldnt notice the ring, but i might not register that the finger it is on means she must be engaged...

Comment

yeah im with you. the phone distracted him it wasn't his fault. and besides, i wouldnt realize which finger and hand an engagement ring would be on. i dont think about that kind of stuff. esp not if it looks like it came out of a vending machine for a quarter.

Comment

Originally posted by Hopefulsuicide
                      Clark: so your ready for a change

Chloe: (looks at her ring, slides her hand up to the top of her bag so it's in Clark's vision) um, actually some pretty big changes

Clark: (phone beeps and he is distracted) apparently the godess of journalism is wondering where i am

---

sorry i wanted to quote this just to remind everyone what actually happened. Chloe tried to hint by waving the thing in his face, but just as she did this, he looked at his phone and the curiosity he might have gotten was gone

if the scene hadnt been interrupted and he still hadn't noticed then i'd call him oblivious, but i don't think it was that bad

p.s. i'm a girl and i dont always notice stuff like that. it's not that i wouldnt notice the ring, but i might not register that the finger it is on means she must be engaged...
                      Well technically before they started talking about changes...Chloe shifted her purse...and made her finger front and center quite a few times.

I can understand why people wouldnt think it was an engagement ring...I guess I may just be too forward for my own good, because I'm pretty sure I would still ask about it.

Comment

Originally posted by AndiGirl
                        After watching the episode again....I have to wonder, do men just not notice huge blue rings??

I mean, Clark seems really surprised to hear Chloe is engaged, but if you watch their first scene....Chloe shifts her purse a lot, and the ring is front and center! So either he saw it and thought Chloe was into huge tacky ring accessories ...or he some how completely missed the massive blue heart on her ring finger.

Then...there's Davis. Who comes into the Isis foundation...pretty much has eye sex with her on the table....then when she exclaims "I'm engaged" he finally notices the massive blue rock on her finger....

So I am lead to believe men....or atleast these two men........not the most observant creatures in the world!
                        Well, Lois did not notice either so I guess it's not a guy-thing.

Comment

It was a plastic ring, I would have probably made fun of her about it....

Comment

Originally posted by BadToad
                            Well, she's wearing some big, tacky plastic ring on her finger. Who would think that was an engagement ring?

If Chloe was hanging out around me, and she told me that was her engagement ring, I'd have to talk a little sense to the girl and tell her that sentiment is fine and lovely, but her guy can spring for a decent ring with a diamond on it.

The whole plastic ring being endearing thing that Chloe has going is totally not working for me. She deserves a proper ring!
                            Jimmy explained that he had to get something really quickly, besides, if you're in love you're not so shallow to think only a diamond ring counts.

Comment

Originally posted by Humdinger
                              And would stay on her finger even if she was thrown down the steps! Wrap some string around that bad boy, Chloe!
                              I actually think Clark took it off when he saved her. Since Chloe didn't tell him she was engaged he wanted to see for himself. Afterall he probably was upset that Davis knew first.

For somebody who doesn't want to be with her, he can sure fool me.

Comment

lol come on this is the guy who didnt realize who strong chloes feelings were from the 1st season EVEN after being told by ryan, the guy who could read ppl's minds. i think clark is just not that observant, like the question pointed out earlier

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎