Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are guys just not observant?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

that looks like a ring from a cracker jack box or maybe a ring pop i would been like "hey chloe wassup, oh look you have a ring pop i'm starved, and then taken a bite out of it" lol

Comment

I know this sounds terrible, but for guys, boyfriends/fiancees are obstacles. If we do happen to notice the ring, it just gives us an idea of how hard we have to work. But the finger would probably be the last thing I'd check when looking at a girl. We're simple, one-track minded creatures.

Comment

Originally posted by Cychotec
        Batman wouldn't notice the ring either :P
        So true.

Comment

Originally posted by TheLeague
          yes because if someone wears a plastic toy ring you instantly assume its an engagement ring

Comment

When guys are around chicks, the absolute last thing we focus on are fingers. Unless a ring is placed in cleavage, I don't think its going to noticed.

I hope that helps, AndiGirl. If you have any more questions about life, I'm here to answer them all.

Comment

Its a plastic ring!!!!!!!!!!! he prolly thought that it was some cute tolken or something. amaybe he thought she wanted to wear it cuz it was pretty.

Comment

Originally posted by TheLeague
                yes because if someone wears a plastic toy ring you instantly assume its an engagement ring
                Good point. . But if it was on that particular finger....I would either think the girl is incredibly sad...and playing make believe marriage proposal like we did when we were 5.

Or there's something up....and maybe she is engaged, or likes tacky jewlery.

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by Fallen One
                When guys are around chicks, the absolute last thing we focus on are fingers. Unless a ring is placed in cleavage, I don't think its going to noticed.

I hope that helps, AndiGirl. If you have any more questions about life, I'm here to answer them all.
                Thanks Cedric!
                I dont know what I would do without your guidance through life.
                Last edited by AndiGirl; 09-27-2008, 10:13 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

I read all these posts and I had to respond. I had this great plan to start dating seriously a few years after I graduated from college and was well into my career. Then, BAM, I meet my future husband right before my 18th birthday, my freshman year in college. I got engaged my sophomore year of college and since I was so young no guy noticed my diamond engagement ring on my finger. It was the classic, solitaire engagement ring, so I don't think it sent mixed messages. I found that after meeting any guy, I would work my boyfriend, fiance, and then husband into any conversation and pronto. Usually right around the second sentence out of my mouth referred to him.

I had a good friend (a study buddy) thank me for helping him avoid an awkward situation by doing that. He said he wished any girl dating another guy would do that, since there is no way to see if a girl is dating someone. He said otherwise he might very well have asked me out. This way we were very good friends throughout college and to this day.

I don't consider it cluelessness as much as I see it as guys just giving themselves a chance. Today girls don't even follow the "rules" when it comes to wearing rings. So even seeing a ring doesn't mean a girl is taken, so we gals need to give guys a heads up and say something.

And to weigh in on this particular instance. I would feel a little like my proposal was rushed if I was given that plastic ring. I want the guy that proposes to have really thought about it. My guy found out what I liked in rings, found one and even had it sized before he proposed. That's how well he knew me and how well he had thought it out. So Jimmy, you need to get get a "real" ring and soon......let your girl know how much she means to you.

Comment

Jimmy must be making a fairly decent wage at the DP. To try and pass off a toy as an engagement ring makes me wonder what Jimmy has going on extra-curriculur-wise.
                    No wonder Chloe's interests are straying.

Comment

Originally posted by AndiGirl
                      and playing make believe marriage proposal like we did when we were 5.
                      Girls actually did that? A very weird species indeed....

Comment

I thought the bubblegum ring was supposed to be a tide over because Jimmy had to get something at the hospital? So . . . where's the real one? Did Chloe really want to wear the one he gave her? She WAS the one that brought up the engagement, even after Jimmy tried to retract it, so that she could accept his proposal. Maybe she's just more excited about the whole thing then we are . . . odd kinda how she was acting in this episode.

But as for men not noticing, lol. Sorry guys, buy sometimes you are very obtuse. I had really really long black hair when I started my job, then I went and had it chopped to a Chloe-length bob with HUGE blonde chunks mixed in with dark brown. At the end of the day my boss says "Val you . . .look a little different? Did you do something to your hair?"

Dude, seriously, it was a severe change and you just noticed there was something different about me? LOL!

So it wouldn't surprise me that both men either didn't notice or assumed it wasn't an engagement ring.
                        Last edited by LovelyLoisLane; 09-28-2008, 08:31 AM.

Comment

I am female and I have to come to Clark & Davis' defense here. I wouldn't have thought that ring was an engagement ring either. I WOULD have thought to myself "Tasteless much Chloe", but I would never have said a word to her about it.

Also, my take on the a white dress is a white dress argument...Football, baseball, basketball what differense does it make? A ball is a ball is a ball so who cares if Michael Jordan kicks a field goal and wins the world series?

Comment

she was wearin a ring?

that was my first thought?
                            i dint notice until it was brought up
                            i was observin other stuff

Comment

Originally posted by LovelyLoisLane
                              But as for men not noticing, lol. Sorry guys, buy sometimes you are very obtuse. I had really really long black hair when I started my job, then I went and had it chopped to a Chloe-length bob with HUGE blonde chunks mixed in with dark brown. At the end of the day my boss says "Val you . . .look a little different? Did you do something to your hair?"

Dude, seriously, it was a severe change and you just noticed there was something different about me? LOL!

So it wouldn't surprise me that both men either didn't notice or assumed it wasn't an engagement ring.
                              I think that's because most of us look at a girl's face when we talk to one and not her finger. But if a girl I knew changed their hair as you said, now that I would notice for sure. But rings/fingers are usually overlooked by most men. Every now & then I make a point to check (to avoid making a fool out of myself), but most of the time I forget.

----- Added 5 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by Atomic girl
                              I read all these posts and I had to respond. I had this great plan to start dating seriously a few years after I graduated from college and was well into my career. Then, BAM, I meet my future husband right before my 18th birthday, my freshman year in college. I got engaged my sophomore year of college and since I was so young no guy noticed my diamond engagement ring on my finger. It was the classic, solitaire engagement ring, so I don't think it sent mixed messages. I found that after meeting any guy, I would work my boyfriend, fiance, and then husband into any conversation and pronto. Usually right around the second sentence out of my mouth referred to him.

I had a good friend (a study buddy) thank me for helping him avoid an awkward situation by doing that. He said he wished any girl dating another guy would do that, since there is no way to see if a girl is dating someone. He said otherwise he might very well have asked me out. This way we were very good friends throughout college and to this day.

I don't consider it cluelessness as much as I see it as guys just giving themselves a chance. Today girls don't even follow the "rules" when it comes to wearing rings. So even seeing a ring doesn't mean a girl is taken, so we gals need to give guys a heads up and say something.

And to weigh in on this particular instance. I would feel a little like my proposal was rushed if I was given that plastic ring. I want the guy that proposes to have really thought about it. My guy found out what I liked in rings, found one and even had it sized before he proposed. That's how well he knew me and how well he had thought it out. So Jimmy, you need to get get a "real" ring and soon......let your girl know how much she means to you.
                              A nice post. Though it's always disheartening when I hear "boyfriend" being said. Then again, most times I hear it from girls without any rings. So I guess it's a good thing when you really think about it. Thanks for clearing that up.
                              Last edited by xrayvision; 09-28-2008, 09:28 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by AndiGirl
                                Thanks Cedric!
                                I dont know what I would do without your guidance through life.
                                Sure, no problemo. Thats why I'm here.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎