Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are guys just not observant?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

yea davis and clark probably were not looking at her fingers so they didnt notice the ring.

Comment

Originally posted by znz212

*** Edit 2 ***
      Wow...just read the post by Supes4ever...man, you are just everything that's bad about stereotypes. Is she hot? Male macho competition trying to steal a girl away like she's a possession? Grow up already!

Znz212, I was actually being sarcastic in my post, because I found the question itself pretty insulting. Sometimes my humor doesn't come across on the Internet, so my fault on the wording.

Considering I am single, and looking for a girlfriend, I don't think I would go around talking like I did in my post. Those are stereotypes along with the belief that all guys do nothing but drink beer all day, sit around with our buddies talking about who we would have sex with, which celebrity is hotter then the other, obsess over nothing BUT sports, and I could keep going on.

The truth? I haven't had a chance to date because I have been busy with adjusting to graduating from Undergrad and going on to Grad school for my Master's degree, busy with my job and the fact that I am 22 years old taking care of my three year old Godson (long story, but I am his temporary probably going to be his permanent guardian soon).

Just felt like putting something funny, which I actually though might have come through with things like "is she hot?", or "Plus....it really isn't there for us to be LOOKING at, if you catch my drift.." and my favorite, "Don't girls like to wear cheap jewelry and stuff like that on a lot of fingers and their wrists?" All macho stereotype responses, and the last one is ACTUALLY a stereotype of younger woman now-a-days...
      Last edited by Supes4Ever; 09-26-2008, 12:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by znz212
        What's up with all the male bashing? Why is it okay these days for people to insult men. In the media, men are always the idiots of a relationship. They do the stupid things and it's up to the woman to fix it. If it was the other way around there would be letters written and lawsuits filed.

And why do women need a guy to spend a few thousand dollars on a ring to say "I love you"? What's the saying...a guy should spend 3 pay cheques on an engagement ring? How about 2 people fall madly in love, they don't care how big the diamond is, and they have a bit more money for a honeymoon or towards a downpayment on a home. A ring can be beautiful without having to be expensive. How come diamonds are a girls best friend, but all guys get is a dog?

And for the record, I did notice that she was wearing the big blue ring and was trying to make Clark see it, or maybe even trying to hide it from him.

Anyway, that's the end of my rant....

*** Edit ***
        To the person who was confused about the line about going to Tiffany's, it was actually a reference to the movie "Breakfast at Tiffany's".

*** Edit 2 ***
        Wow...just read the post by Supes4ever...man, you are just everything that's bad about stereotypes. Is she hot? Male macho competition trying to steal a girl away like she's a possession? Grow up already!
        Who said anything about a stereotype.....If you read my post, the last line says very clearly....that "at least these two men." I didnt say all men by any means...

You noticed the ring, which is awesome....

As for the ring....no.....I didnt expect a huge diamond or anything near that. But you say whats wrong with being madly in love...and saving money for the honeymoon. A ring lasts forever...and a honeymoon is essentially a trip. If I really thought the reason Jimmy didnt buy her a ring was because he was saving for their own home I could be understanding.But I think it comes down to the fact that he was totally unprepared, and he has no real plan for their future. Which worries me.
        I dont expect 3 months salary by any means...but I truly believe a man knows a ring is a big deal to a woman, and what Jimmy did was cute...essentially. I just never expected that ring would be her permanent ring.

You say my post was rude against men....but how was yours not a sterotype against women??? You say..."diamonds are a girls best friend" and you went on a rant about why women are self absorbed and it shouldnt be about the ring. Which i must say....I dont buy the whole "diamonds are a girls best friend thing" I actually dont own a single diamond....but I have a dog. So there goes that theory.

I didnt mean to offend anyone with my thread....I just thought it was cute the boys seemed so surprised Chloe was engaged, when that ring is hard to miss from a mile away.

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by Supes4Ever
        Znz212, I was actually being sarcastic in my post, because I found the question itself pretty insulting. Sometimes my humor doesn't come across on the Internet, so my fault on the wording.

Considering I am single, and looking for a girlfriend, I don't think I would go around talking like I did in my post. Those are stereotypes along with the belief that all guys do nothing but drink beer all day, sit around with our buddies talking about who we would have sex with, which celebrity is hotter then the other, obsess over nothing BUT sports, and I could keep going on.

The truth? I haven't had a chance to date because I have been busy with adjusting to graduating from Undergrad and going on to Grad school for my Master's degree, busy with my job and the fact that I am 22 years old taking care of my three year old Godson (long story, but I am his temporary probably going to be his permanent guardian soon).

Just felt like putting something funny, which I actually though might have come through with things like "is she hot?", or "Plus....it really isn't there for us to be LOOKING at, if you catch my drift.." and my favorite, "Don't girls like to wear cheap jewelry and stuff like that on a lot of fingers and their wrists?" All macho stereotype responses, and the last one is ACTUALLY a stereotype of younger woman now-a-days...

I thought your post was funny...and it was clear you were kidding.
        I'm sorry if my post offended you...I thought I made it clear I didnt mean all men..and just these two particular guys.

Like I told him...I just didnt know how it was possible that the guys missed the huge blue ring on her finger....thats all.

----- Added 3 Minutes later -----

P.S to ZnZ212....I new it was a reference to Breakfast at Tiffanys....but in the movie, he infact takes her to Tiffanys...so I assumed Jimmy would too. But who knows, Chloe could love her ring and doesnt want another one. Which is cool.
        Last edited by AndiGirl; 09-26-2008, 08:17 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

No self-respecting male would think that gumball machine plastic ring was an engagement ring, and if he did, he would think (after he stopped laughing), "Heck, I can talk her out of it."

Comment

ACK. Ring or no ring, big fake plastic blue crap on a finger or glitzy diamond.... Chloe and Jimmy SHOULD NOT BE ENGAGED! Dating & in love, YES! Engaged... NO WAY!

Just chaps my hide. Grrrr.

Comment

Originally posted by stenochick
              No self-respecting male would think that gumball machine plastic ring was an engagement ring, and if he did, he would think (after he stopped laughing), "Heck, I can talk her out of it."
              You are awesome stenochick!!!

Comment

Its not cliche thats for sure, ring lasts forever? You do know that the engagement ring and the wedding bands are two different things right?

Maybe he has a pretty amazing wedding band waiting for her.

Comment

Yep, I am aware of that...thanks.
                  How is it cliche??

An amazing wedding band to go with the gumball ring?? I'm sorry....thats ridiculous. I've said it a million times...but whats one more.

It's not about the ring...Jimmy isnt prepared at all, so i seriously doubt he will have an amazing engagement band.

Comment

the cliche is typically an expensive ring, thats what everyone expects. Don't get me wrong I think its a bad idea, but you have to take a look at who the character is. Its Chloe, this is what she liked about Jimmy, he wasn't one of those guys who thought about money its the fact that he is thinking about what will make her happy, and lets be honest we know that he will do all that he can to make sure that she is happy.

Of course that isn't enough, but this isn't the real world, and who knows what else Jimmy is working on now.

Comment

The first thing i do is look to see if the woman I'm talking to is wearing any rings since I don't want to get caught flirting with an engaged women I've had enough jealous boy friends try to kick my butt just for saying hi to thier girl friends I don't need a jealous fiance coming after me because I'm not observant. Yup I'm parinoid but after having several women try to but me between them and thier boyfriend's im not very trusting.

But yah most of the time guys are oblivious to women getting engaged i've just learned rto keep my eyes and ears open around them.

Comment

A ring doesn't have to be expensive. But at least it could be beautiful and not-cheap looking.

Comment

Originally posted by Mischael12
                          the cliche is typically an expensive ring, thats what everyone expects. Don't get me wrong I think its a bad idea, but you have to take a look at who the character is. Its Chloe, this is what she liked about Jimmy, he wasn't one of those guys who thought about money its the fact that he is thinking about what will make her happy, and lets be honest we know that he will do all that he can to make sure that she is happy.

Of course that isn't enough, but this isn't the real world, and who knows what else Jimmy is working on now.
                          Nicely said! I agree....that is one of the things Chloe does love about Jimmy, that he isnt really like other guys. And I admitt...the proposal....was very cute. I just expected him to follow up with a real ring. A diamond ring is kind of a cliche, but then it's something a woman dreams about...and to have it be a dud is a rather big let down. It's not just about the woman getting some "bling." It's supposed to symboloze the promise a man and woman make to eachother...and a blig plastic ring doesnt look too promising.

But then I started thinking...maybe chloe doesnt want another ring? This could all be her. Because...I know, I would want to wear the ring the guy used to propose with...thats the whole point, the sentiment behind it. So who knows....maybe Chloe doesnt want a diamond ring. I kind of doubt that though...

I do still hope Jimmy has something up his sleeve, maybe he's planning on surprisng her with it or something!

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by krpto
                          The first thing i do is look to see if the woman I'm talking to is wearing any rings since I don't want to get caught flirting with an engaged women I've had enough jealous boy friends try to kick my butt just for saying hi to thier girl friends I don't need a jealous fiance coming after me because I'm not observant. Yup I'm parinoid but after having several women try to but me between them and thier boyfriend's im not very trusting.

But yah most of the time guys are oblivious to women getting engaged i've just learned rto keep my eyes and ears open around them.
                          I kind of assumed that would be the case. Who wants to get their butt kicked?
                          But...I've been thinking about smallville history...and at the bowling Alley in Freak, the guy hits on Lana...and she has a HUGE rock on her finger....so who knows, maybe thats not something guys always look for?
                          Last edited by AndiGirl; 09-26-2008, 09:19 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by AndiGirl

I kind of assumed that would be the case. Who wants to get their butt kicked?
                            But...I've been thinking about smallville history...and at the bowling Alley in Freak, the guy hits on Lana...and she has a HUGE rock on her finger....so who knows, maybe thats not something guys always look for?
                            I didn't use to look but I had enough women flirting with me 5 feet from thier boyfriends (i sware women want to make men crazy jealous freaks) that I got sick of running because their boyfriends came after me that I've recently started looking at a woman's hand to see if she is engaged before I'll have a conversation with them.

Comment

I was disappointed with Chloe being flirty with Davis having just been engaged to Jimmy. She was waaaaaaaay to friendly with him and giving him to many signs to go forward with the flirting because she obviously loved the attention.

My faith in her was restored when she said she was engaged and showed him the engagement ring! I was like "way to go Chloe!" but then the end scene she disappointed me again by calling him and leaving a voicemail........

Plus that Davis dude didn't show much respect even though he already assumed she was with someone.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin24
                                I was disappointed with Chloe being flirty with Davis having just been engaged to Jimmy. She was waaaaaaaay to friendly with him and giving him to many signs to go forward with the flirting because she obviously loved the attention.

My faith in her was restored when she said she was engaged and showed him the engagement ring! I was like "way to go Chloe!" but then the end scene she disappointed me again by calling him and leaving a voicemail........

Plus that Davis dude didn't show much respect even though he already assumed she was with someone.
                                I honestly think chloe is just completely naive when it comes to guys. She doesnt seem to understand when they are coming on to her....I think it finally hit her when she was on the table.

I dont think there was anything wrong with chloe calling him at the end, because Davis backed off immediately when chloe told him she was engaged...not only that, he encouraged her.

Davis didnt seem certain Chloe/Clark were together when he watched them at the bus crash...so he went for it. I dont blame the guy. Once Chloe laid down the law...he was fine and backed off.

I do agree though, if the flirting continues...chloe needs to re-evaluate her relationship. but then we also know Chlavis cant go anywhere....so it's sad to see her end up alone again.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎