No announcement yet.

Clark Kent & Lois Lane at The Daily Planet

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by miks
    Lois trying to tell Clark the rules of working at the Planet was stupid. How the hell would she know?
    Because Clark's a new hire and Lois has been there longer.

Because she worked so hard to get there?
    Irrelevant (it's not like she was prepping Clark for a job interview). See above.

Because she had an article published before this lightswitch one that she didn't work for?
    Here's the thing. The dialogue from "Plastique" made it pretty clear that Lois had published articles before.

The notion that she'd published articles in "Offscreenville" isn't something new. Plenty of us have been saying that the audience should have been expected to assume this. This was confirmed by "Plastique". Now, one can argue that TPTB should have done a better job of making this clear, but, the idea that Lois hadn't gotten anything published wasn't held by all or even (by my anecdotal observation) most viewers.

If they were aware that a percentage of viewers had made the (apparently) faulty assumption that Lois had not previously published anything at the DP then it's clear that they made a point of correcting this in last night's episode.

Comment

My post had nothing at all to do with why Lois and Clark are at the DP, how they got there, etc. All I was commenting on was that *I* thought Lois' behavior towards Clark was the usual Lois Lane behavior. I know others don't see it that way, and that's fine, but I guess I just don't know why it's not ok for ME to see it like that.

Comment

thought that Lois telling him the "rules" was fun and great way to show how Lois approaches journalism.
        Were my examples accurate or not?

----- Added 2 Minutes later -----

Thank you Kalista. I guess it doesn't matter how the two most important people in Superman history get into the DP, just as long as they are there and can represent the "ICONICNESS!!!"

Lois trying to tell Clark the rules of working at the Planet was stupid. How the hell would she know? Because she worked so hard to get there? Because she had an article published before this lightswitch one that she didn't work for?
        We care about how situations are developed and we are not interested in a fast forward button. That's the difference.
        Last edited by Kalista; 09-26-2008, 09:08 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by oberyn
          Here's the thing. The dialogue from "Plastique" made it pretty clear that Lois had published articles before.

The notion that she'd published articles in "Offscreenville" isn't something new. Plenty of us have been saying that the audience should have been expected to assume this. This was confirmed by "Plastique". Now, one can argue that TPTB should have done a better job of making this clear, but, the idea that Lois hadn't gotten anything published wasn't held by all or even (by my anecdotal observation) most viewers.

If they were aware that a percentage of viewers had made the (apparently) faulty assumption that Lois had not previously published anything at the DP then it's clear that they made a point of correcting this in last night's episode.
          Yes, that's how I saw it, too. All of Lois's scenes last night were a way to show (not TELL) the audience what Lois's approach to journalism is and to give an insight as to how Lois is at the DP... what sort of reporter she is, how she chases after stories, and what she considers to be the best way to get an article published.

We saw some of this last year, but in this much of a focused way, because - understandably - Clark Kent is the main character of the show & the spotlight is more on him than Lois. Now, however, she's sharing the scenes with Clark, so they can take the time to give us this information to allow us (along with Clark) to peek into her world & her job.

Those scenes show us, without a shadow of a doubt, that Lois has been getting articles published. Lois does think that "proof" is important when getting a story published. Lois has no problem breaking into place to search for said proof (and her wallet full of access keys shows that she's done this all before... along with her words, "If I got mileage on these...."). This also ties in nicely with how she broke into Luthor's house in "Odyssey" and the fact that she talked her way in Cold Creek... if this how she approaches her stories, it makes perfect sense that she found Chloe the way she did in last week's episode.

To me, this is all pretty consistent with who she is and how I percieved her to be all along. I see no lightswitches or OOC behavior. Was a little too nice to Clark and took him under her wing a little too eagerly? Perhaps. But I get the sense that she's got a little crush on him, so it could be coming from that.
          Last edited by eas; 09-26-2008, 11:29 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

it was sweeeeeet

Comment

First, I'm being mean? Because I'm stating my opinion and you're taking it the wrong way?

Second, so we're supposed to believe that Lois got all of these things published in offscreenville? Lois Lane? The person who's supposed to be this "iconic" character? Like I said before, we're supposed to just assume these things because they said it happened? I don't really know what the dialog sounds like but it seems to me PS3 are trying to make it known that Lois published something, when they could have just as easily gave her an episode where she chased down a story, went to the scene, interviewed and did all this amazing stuff and then published something, her very first article. Not say to us, oh yeah she published stuff all along, you just didn't see it. Even though you've witnessed a non mythos character publish stuff a lot...

Comment

I don't like where this is going, so I'm changing the subject.

I'm a little surprised that the article was approved. I would think Tess would've wanted the truth about Bette not to get out.

Unless Bette getting in the paper is exactly what Tess wanted. So that being branded a criminal would mean she had no other choice but to accept her offer.
                Last edited by harryandginnyfanatic; 09-26-2008, 09:21 AM.

Comment

^^ Possibly..

Comment

First, I'm being mean? Because I'm stating my opinion and you're taking it the wrong way?

Second, so we're supposed to believe that Lois got all of these things published in offscreenville? Lois Lane? The person who's supposed to be this "iconic" character? Like I said before, we're supposed to just assume these things because they said it happened? I don't really know what the dialog sounds like but it seems to me PS3 are trying to make it known that Lois published something, when they could have just as easily gave her an episode where she chased down a story, went to the scene, interviewed and did all this amazing stuff and then published something, her very first article. Not say to us, oh yeah she published stuff all along, you just didn't see it. Even though you've witnessed a non mythos character publish stuff a lot...
                    But she says - in this episode - that this isn't the first time she got something published. I don't understand why you don't believe it? I mean, there are a lot of folks on this board who do believe it. Are we somehow messed up for doing so?

Regarding giving her an episode about chasing down a story... she's gotten that before. The GA article, the "Sneeze" article... she was chasing down the Luthor story last year... how many times do they need to show us this for people to believe it?

Personally, I watch the show and I see her as being competent at her job. I've always seen her that way. If that makes me a person who is OK with "fast forward buttons" or "lightswitches" or what-not, then I guess I am... after all, I'm a "Smallville" fan, so bad writing is par for the course.

----- Added 36 Seconds later -----

Originally posted by Kalista
                    That's great. So if you want to say something about my tone it should be done via PM unless you are a mod.
                    You're right.
                    Last edited by eas; 09-26-2008, 09:21 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

I think all the Clois scenes were cool, I like Lois with the cop. And in the hospital and that last scene it was really great.

I think what i enjoyed the most was Clark all surprised with Lois recording the chat or stealing files (thing that I don't get he stole a laptop), I think Clark its going to learn in the hard Lois Lane way,.

Comment

Originally posted by harryandginnyfanatic
                        I don't like where this is going, so I'm changing the subject.

I'm a little surprised that the article was approved. I would think Tess would've wanted the truth about Bette not to get out.

Unless Bette getting in the paper is exactly what Tess wanted. So that being branded a criminal would mean she had no other choice but to accept her offer.
                        That's what I thought -- that it would make it all that much harder for Bette to hide. Also, the ending suggests that Tess is creating an "Injustice League" and that means that people like Bette are going to be "out and proud", anyway. This could be a set-up for that.

Comment

we've been waiting four years for this it's great. i love the clois

Comment

Why in sam hell would I believe it when I'm not shown it? I have never been shown Lois publishing a story...I'm not one to just fanwank the crap out of everything. I might jokingly say I'll fanwank about it later, but if they don't show me Lois publishing something why should I be ok with it when they say she did? They've given her episodes like that, but it wasn't finished with a published story, which they could have easily done. What I don't get is, Al/Miles messed up Lois, PS3 have the chance to fix it this season, instead they just say oh Lois only cares about truth now, in the month Chlark were gone she's realized that's all that matters.

Comment

Originally posted by Kalista
                              I guess lightswitches and retcons don't bother some as long as these two are in the same scene.
                              As a Superman fan, I'm really glad we have a show to watch, and that show is now including Lois and Clark. We haven't had that sinse, I don't know, the early 90's! lol

Whining about how it happened on the only successful Superman show or movie for that matter, in past few decades (8 seasons is twice was long as the last show which was cancelled at 4 seasons, and the last movie got scrapped, the last two movies in the 80's flopped) just isn't something I want to do. Smallville is definately doing something right.

----- Added 2 Minutes later -----

Why in sam hell would I believe it when I'm not shown it? I have never been shown Lois publishing a story...I'm not one to just fanwank the crap out of everything. I might jokingly say I'll fanwank about it later, but if they don't show me Lois publishing something why should I be ok with it when they say she did? They've given her episodes like that, but it wasn't finished with a published story, which they could have easily done. What I don't get is, Al/Miles messed up Lois, PS3 have the chance to fix it this season, instead they just say oh Lois only cares about truth now, in the month Chlark were gone she's realized that's all that matters.
                              ????? You want to see Lois in the ink room, pushing the print button? Ummm, Lois is already a successful reporter in the original Superman movie, she's alreay a successful reporter in Lois and Clark from the 90's. That's the way the story goes. When Clark starts at the DP, Lois is already a successful reporter.
                              Last edited by curiosity; 09-26-2008, 02:13 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by curiosity
                                As a Superman fan, I'm really glad we have a show to watch, and that show is now including Lois and Clark. We haven't had that sinse, I don't know, the early 90's! lol

Whining about how it happened on the only successful Superman show or movie for that matter, in past few decades (8 seasons is twice was long as the last show, and the last movie got scrapped, the last two movies in the 80's flopped) just isn't something I want to do.

i agree jsut enjoy it for what it is. i mean all we need is perry white as editor clark in glasses and tigths and we have a superman show!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎