Collapse
No announcement yet.

Clark Kent & Lois Lane at The Daily Planet

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love that Clark is completely overwhelmed by Lois. She gives him her poor co-workers shirt which he obediently puts on. She stuffs him into a phone booth. But it's all her... abrasive way of trying to help him out.
    It was not uncommon for her to weark slinky tank tops and jeans to work. Now where suppose to believe that she is an expert on dressing for success?

I thought it was cool how Lois is immediately suspicious of Tess meeting with Clark. Lois might even be sort of investigating Tess already. After all she was kicked out of the Luthor Mansion by her. Clark gave back as good as he got in this scene with his "charming smile" and "jealous girlfriend."
    Perhaps she is suspicious because she knows that she was sleeping with her boss at one point. Does she even know that Tess is the new boss? Shen knows her name but has she made the connection between the woman she was confronted by in the mansion and her current boss? If not, how could she be investigating her. Also, if she is such a great investigative journalist, why wasn't she on the scene trying to gather info for a story?

I love Clark's stance as Lois tried to get through to the cop. Very comic book. Clark with his hands in pockets keeping a low profile as Lois thunders through.
    Her attempts to use sex appeal to gather info failed. She didn't get any information and looked rather foolish in the process.

Yay! About Lois' article! My favorite part of the episode was Lois telling Clark that he had talent. I love her awkward compliments. So much fun. More Clois! More!
    Who really provided the information for the article? Clark investigated and consulted with Chloe. edlois stole a file with her contrived collection of key cards and failed to get any information when she went into the field with Clark. She took credit for an article that she really did nothing to aid in producing.

Oh, and I love that Clark did not congratulate her on her article.

Also, I find that many of edlois's "tips" made a mockery of her character.

"dress for success"
    -yeah, like slinky tank tops and jeans

"don't screw up with the boss"
    -because you know, I actually screwed mine and the fact that I was immediately sent on assignments had nothing to do with that
    -oh, wait a minute, she wasn't going out on assignments with a per diem, she was writing obits (RETCON)

"always know your source"
    -that's good advice, just like you need proof to write a story and decent camera if you are trying to use a photo as evidence

"always make a good first impression"
    -yes, she did indeed make a good impression on the Luthor clone with her prose that lept off the page like a bengal tiger

"you just spent quality time with her (Tess Mercer/their boss)
    -well she would know something about spending quality time with one's boss

There is so much BS in this episode.
    Last edited by Kalista; 09-26-2008, 06:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by amberdawn
      I hope they don't screw this up.
      I agree with u on that 1

Comment

All Lois' behavior, IMO, mirrors that of iconic Lois Lanes, frex, thinking she knows everything and has to teach Clark what's up.

Comment

Originally posted by WickedJenn
          All Lois' behavior, IMO, mirrors that of iconic Lois Lanes, frex, thinking she knows everything and has to teach Clark what's up.
          I guess lightswitches and retcons don't bother some as long as these two are in the same scene.

Comment

Eh, it was so-so.

Comment

Originally posted by Kalista
              lois stole a file with her contrived collection of key cards
              And Clark once stole a laptop using his superbreath as a distraction.

I guess lightswitches and retcons don't bother some as long as these two are in the same scene.
              Yeah, lightswitches aren't cool.

I never particularly cared for how Chloe went from reporter to 24/7 sidekick/hacker and started seeing Clark as a god.

All he ever wanted was to be normal and that's how Lois treats him. Like a normal guy.
              Last edited by harryandginnyfanatic; 09-26-2008, 07:54 AM.

Comment

I'm loving the banter. It's iconic and I love it. I'm just a tiny bit worried that they might be moving along Lois's emotional attachment to Clark just a little too fast. They've already gotten to the point where Clark is asking "Lois you're acting like you care about me" and then Lois has to play cover-up. I don't mind that happening at all I was just hoping they'd wait a little longer before starting with those hints. I just hope they keep it at this stage for a while and don't rush things along too quickly. Other than that minor point, I'm loving this season!

Comment

The fact that they were in the same scene had nothing to do with why I posted that.

I was specifically referring to how Lois treated Clark.

Comment

Originally posted by harryandginnyfanatic
                    And Clark once stole a laptop using his superbreath as a distraction.
                    You are missing the point. the issue isn't stealing. She did nothing to earn that story. Even after stealing the file, she was reaching the wrong conclusion. She thought Tommy blew himself up using "metor freak" powers. Clark figured out what really happened.

All he ever wanted was to be normal and that's how Lois treats him. Like a normal guy.
                    That is how Chloe treats him so I don't get this argument.
                    Last edited by Kalista; 11-07-2008, 12:14 AM.

Comment

How is comparing Clark to god in Quest and implying that he should take out Lex treating him normal?

But I'm getting off topic.

I’m just glad that for once on this show an actual investigation by two actual reporters resulted in an actual article.
                      Last edited by harryandginnyfanatic; 09-26-2008, 08:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by harryandginnyfanatic
                        How is comparing Clark to god in Quest and implying that he should take out Lex treating him normal?

But I'm getting off topic.

I’m just glad that for once on this show an actual investigation by two actual reporters resulted in an actual article.
                        Oh yes, one contradictory OOC moment and use it to sum it up the entire Chlark relationship. Right.
                        Last edited by Kalista; 11-07-2008, 12:14 AM.

Comment

Finally, its about time if you ask me. I just love that they are finally both at the Daily Planet and working together now. Lol I even have moments like "wow this is really happening"

Comment

Thank you Kalista. I guess it doesn't matter how the two most important people in Superman history get into the DP, just as long as they are there and can represent the "ICONICNESS!!!"

Lois trying to tell Clark the rules of working at the Planet was stupid. How the hell would she know? Because she worked so hard to get there? Because she had an article published before this lightswitch one that she didn't work for?

Comment

I don't think that's very fair. The fact is that the Lois & Clark pairing is developing very slowly this season. Between Lois and Chloe, I think it was very obvious that he is much closer to Chloe than he is to Lois. As it should be. Clark's scenes with Lois very much mirrored scenes they've had in the past. In fact, I think it harkened back to the sort of banter/convos they had in S4. (Like "Lucy", for example.) How is it a lightswitch or retcon, if it grows out of the type of relationship they've had for the past 4 seasons?

A lightswitch would be if Clark suddenly decided to tell Lois his secret. Or if Clark looked at Lois and said, "I think I'm love with you." Or if Lois looked at Clark and said, "Let's go to the phone booth and make out - you look damn hot in that blue shirt." (As an aside, he DID look hot.) Or if Clark looked at Lois and said, "So Chloe is getting married... you want to go out sometime?"

None of that happened. Instead, we had Lois being somewhat dismissive towards Clark about this ability to do well (very SV-canon of her) and we had a Clark who kind of rolled his eyes and was amused by her dismissal (very SV-canon of him). How is that a lightswitch? This isn't the first time they've worked together (they investigated together quite a bit in S4-5 & S6-7 proved that they're very close and know each other very well, per show canon). They like each other and consider themselves to be good friends. I saw nothing in last night's episode that suggests otherwise.

In fact, to be honest, I think that if there was any 'ship that had "shades" of romantic tone, it was Chlark. Clark's reaction to Chloe's engagement was ambigious. We have yet to see what he's really thinking under there. Chloe's hesitation about telling him hints towards something, as well.

Anyway... those are my two cents.
                              Last edited by eas; 09-26-2008, 11:28 AM.

Comment

Kalista, your hostile tone wouldn't have anything to do with the fact that it's Lois and Clark at the DP and not Chloe and Clark?
                                Last edited by theotherJane; 09-26-2008, 09:05 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎