No announcement yet.

KITT's changes

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KITT's changes

After seeing KITT transform into a pick up truck, I wasn't sure if I was watching Knight Rider or an episode of Transformers. Any thoughts?

Originally posted by Lobo007
    After seeing KITT transform into a pick up truck, I wasn't sure if I was watching Knight Rider or an episode of Transformers. Any thoughts?
    I agree. We are now in a more advanced era than in the 80s, when it comes to CGI and stuff. The series has to tow the line between a car ahead of the era, vs a super car that can do off the wall stuff. i mean what's next? Like you said, maybe transform the car and have it walk around like a transformer? I mean it's got the talking part down. I like the gadgets but there has to be a clear line they have to make.

Comment

I agree. I also got the impression the changes were too radical from the pilot. Technology wise, the series seems to be set at least ten years later, which is absurd!

Comment

I think I preferred the nanotech transforms from the pilot. the series has transformations so fast and messy that you can barely tell what's going on.

Comment

I thougt it was awesome! Me and my mom were fighting over who got to have the car! It was amazing!

Comment

I think, the more transformations the better! Abit slower would be better.

Comment

Originally posted by Cromartiefan
              I think I preferred the nanotech transforms from the pilot. the series has transformations so fast and messy that you can barely tell what's going on.
              Ditto. I'm betting by season's end, KITT will have turned into Knight Boat, the crime-solving boat.

Comment

wonder if it will fly?

Comment

So was the pickup truck to improve redneck ratings?

Have to say, I felt it was fine - and a fairly logical progression for the technology we've seen. I wouldn't liken it to a "Transformer" though, I didn't see a giant robot...

Comment

why transform into a pick-up?

so mike and sarah could jump into the truckbed to escape?

have they forgotten about the "C" button which RC3 installed in the K.I.2000?

it would have been a better option for me to see the K.I.3000 retract its roof and had mike and sarah jump right into the cockpit, then putting the roof back on as it drives away...

Comment

I hate the damn transformations, except for attack mode. To me that's the only part that would be in the realm of possiblities for a mustang to transform into a suped up mustang. But to have a sports car transform into a pick up, and later on a van it to me so far beyond what is possible. For starters they are two completely different sizes with completely different parts and it was soooooo unbeleivable it took mr out of action going on. I would think that having something that takes you out of the story being told is not good.

Comment

A Police car! Oh, don't forget the Submarine! Save me Aquaman!:LOL I really am enjoying this Show

Comment

Originally posted by jym-el

so mike and sarah could jump into the truckbed to escape?

have they forgotten about the "C" button which RC3 installed in the K.I.2000?

it would have been a better option for me to see the K.I.3000 retract its roof and had mike and sarah jump right into the cockpit, then putting the roof back on as it drives away...
                          see.... in Knight of the Living Dead... KITT transformed into a convertible... with pnik stripes... tribute to the breast cancer edition mustang

Comment

Originally posted by TMLS
                            . I wouldn't liken it to a "Transformer" though, I didn't see a giant robot...
                            It has nothing to do with robots. The Transformers comparison is because of the recent Transformers movie. The way the Transformers' bodies separate into panels and shift around to become another form is very similar to how KITT transforms from one kind of car into another.

I too thought "Transformers" when I first saw KITT turn into a pick-up truck (thanks to a PROGRAM Sarah uploaded.... ) but honestly, the shifting panels visual for a car transform came well before the Transformer movie....For instance, the 90s TV show called "Viper"

Viper episode morph from Season three's Cat and Mouse
                            Last edited by eSJayBee; 11-24-2008, 10:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jym-el
                              I would have thought that was obvious. The show is so god awful that ford are basically pushing as many products in there as possible. The show should be a one man and his car thing, with pretty blue eyed doctor thrown in every so often when he has an itch to scratch, but I think perhaps that may be politically incorrect to say these days.

next week, KITT turns into the A team van to plug the upcoming reboot.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎