Quotes in "Plastique" (SPOILERS)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I LOVED when Lois said to Clark in the phonebooth scene: "..Or you would have spent your entire career at the DP nicknamed flannel-man''! or something like that! (an allusion to clark being called superman!)

It was awsome!

Comment

I loved the farm boy, flannel man comment. it was so cute.

I loved it when clark confrunted chloe about getting married and she asked him how he knew. "Rule number #11, always protect your sorce." it was sooooo cute. I love him this year.

I loved it when he said, "lois, theyre in love. you should be happy for them." it just sounded so like, yeah lois you need to be tutored in being happy for someone. it was just super cute. Clark is a cutie. .

I love how lois said, "clark we were right by an elivator. i dont know why you needed to take the stairs." and instead of like backing down he teased her back. "its not my fault if you cant keep up." or something like that. it was totally awsome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by dunkman
        Almost everybody brought up different quotes--this episode had so many great ones! You've already said a lot of my favorite ones.

Lois: "You don't want to meet your new boss looking like the Brawny paper towel man" (or something like that)

Clark did look like the paper towel man since Mr. Brawny shaved his mustache...
        I didn't even notice that quote! I also like the one where the guy's like, "hey lane, personal space, remember??" You could tell that Lois is always arguing with her co-workers.

Comment

"Even a dress shirt can't hide the hero in you, huh Clark?"-- Chloe to Clark.

"Apparently the goddess of journalism is wondering where I am"-- Clark, after receiving a text from Lois.

"Jealous. Of you? Please, that would be like Willie Mays being jealous of a bat boy."-- Lois to Clark, after being called a jealous girlfriend.

"You want to share a byline with me?" "Oh God no. But I got you the obit."-- Lois to Clark.

"You've got a long career ahead of you at the Daily Planet"-- Lois to Clark, after thanking him for his help.

Comment

"You want me to change in a phone booth? It's not very private..." Clark to Lois

Comment

I loved Clark's "we're more than just friends, Chloe" line (maybe not an exact quote?). My little Chlark heart jumped at that one.

And Clark's "we haven't been friends in years" line about Lex to Tess.

Also all the lines noted so far on this thread were great ones.

Comment

What you DIDN'T hear...

Originally posted by Welling_is_pretty
                I loved Clark's "we're more than just friends, Chloe" line (maybe not an exact quote?). My little Chlark heart jumped at that one.

I had this one recorded and it was late, so I had the volume low and the closed captioning on. When Clark said the line above to Chloe, the CC added "we're family,"
                or "we're like family," but he didn't say it out loud or it got edited out.

Comment

Originally posted by Welling_is_pretty

I was thinking that Clark could have told Chloe, "We're more than just friends. You're as much my sister as Jonathan & Martha Kent are my parents!" Somehow Chloe probably wouldn't appreciate that, but she should...

Comment

Originally posted by dpcoltsfan
                    I had this one recorded and it was late, so I had the volume low and the closed captioning on. When Clark said the line above to Chloe, the CC added "we're family,"
                    or "we're like family," but he didn't say it out loud or it got edited out.
                    Wow, really? Hmmm, thanks for the info!

Comment

Favorite Plastique Quotes

FAVORITE PLASTIQUE QUOTES:

1) Clark: Don't tell me I have to wear a tie.

Lois: Always dress for success. No time for the men's room. Let's change in here.

Clark: Lois, a phone booth is not exactly pri--

2) Chloe: Even a dress shirt can't hide the hero in you, huh, Clark? Heck of a first day at the office.

Clark: Well, that's why I'm there -- so I can be around to help more people. Working at the Daily Planet, I'll hear about every crisis as it happens. I just wish that you were there with me. You know, now that Lex isn't running things.

3) Lex told me all about you.

Clark: Well, not much to tell, really.

Tess: Hmm. He said you have a thing for saving people? And, Clark... you were extraordinary out there. Thank you for saving my life.

4) Clark: That new boss, she really came out of nowhere, huh?

Lois: You tell me. You're the one who just spent quality time with her.

Clark: She just wanted to welcome me aboard.

Lois: Don't try to keep secrets from me, Clark. Tess Mercer is a pit bull in Prada. There's no way she'd roll out the welcome mat for a copyboy, no matter how charming his smile is.

Clark You think I have a charming smile?

Lois: I think you're about to lose some teeth if you don't tell me what she said.

5) Chloe: When Jimmy and I get married, things will probably change -- between us, I mean. And I don't know if I'm ready for that just yet. Are you?

Clark: I know that your happiness is one of the most important things in the world to me... and that you and Jimmy will have a wonderful life together. Don't worry about anything else.

6) Lois: I can't believe my cousin is getting married. To jimmy Olsen.

Clark: They're in love, Lois. You should be happy for them."

Clark: Wow, Lois. Don't hold anything back.

Lois: Those aren't notes of discouragement. They're notes of encouragement. You've got talent, Smallville.

Clark: What?

Lois: Look, when I first started out at the inquisitor, all I cared about was getting the best stories on the front page.

Clark: Well, it seems like a dream come true.

Lois: Sure, but sitting here now with you, I think I'm more proud that we uncovered the truth than I am over having a headline. Thanks for helping me break the story, Clark. Keep up the good work. You've got a long career ahead of you at the Daily Planet.

7) Chloe: With Lois on the case, it's gonna get harder to duck away to save the day.

Clark: If I could hide my secret from you, I think I can handle your cousin.

8) Davis: For a guy without a uniform, you helped a lot of people.

Clark: Oh, I didn't do anything. I mean, you're the real hero. You help people for a living. I'm Clark Kent.
                      Last edited by tibbit78; 10-18-2008, 07:08 PM.

Comment

My favourite is when Clark received a call from Lois and he is speaking with Chloe. He looked at his phone, saw that it is a message from Lois and said something like "oh it is the godess of journalism", lool the "godess". And also as someone said for Lois; "Can't believe my cousin is getting married. To Jimmy Olsen *pulls face*". The way she did it, warf !

Comment

Tess - "You weren't this shy when I was a damsel in distress, Kent."

Clark - "I saw how this job consumed Lex's life. I'd hate to see the same thing happen to yours."

Davis - "You know if you just reach a little bit higher ... you're definitely going to need an ambulance."

Comment

Lois: Don't get your tights in a twist...

Tights-in-a-twist instead of panties-in-a-bunch because he's Superman and he wears tights (someday)!

That was definitely my favorite line of the episode!

Comment

Lois: There was a time when I would've killed for an obit.
                              [Clark looks at her like he's not sure what to make of that statement]

Comment

Clark: Well, how do I look?
                                Lois: *turns around and is clearly taken aback* Um...good!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎