Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do More People Seem To Like Or Hate Lois

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey this is my first post and some may think it strange for a newb/novice to be posting in an obscure thread like this for my first, but I think that since Lois is such a pivotal character in any Superman BASED show/movie (excluding JL ventures since they do not revolve around Superman) that I had to say something even if it won't get read (I almost hope it doesn't because everyone on here seems to know so much more about Superman canon than I will ever know).

I was brought up with the classic cartoon version of the Man of Steel (black&white, and early color Superman cartoons), and that will always be what I turn to when it comes to Superman. I have done some Issue reading (by some I mean like maybe ten-twenty comics), watched all the CR+MK movies, Read the novelization of the Doomsday saga, did the whole DC+TH TV show, the "Superman Returns" movie, and watched seasons 1-6 of Smallville about four times. I'm currently in Iraq on my second tour and was finally able to watch all of Smallville up to season 8, but cannot get ahold of season 9, unfortunately.

"Why should we care about all that? We know you're not as well versed in Superman as we are. You just told us so.", I can hear it now, but I thought it was interesting the comparisons people were bringing up in this thread, and the comments about who the best live action Lois is (which I might add, wasn't asked in this thread topic), so I felt this would be a fine place to make my first post.

I had a hard time answering the question in the poll. Do I think Lois is gaining popularity? In SV, I hope so. Overall, I'm not so sure. I am liking that they are finally making Lois into the same bravely reckless woman I always knew she was and should have been (in my eyes). By the end of season 8, I could completely see TW+ED Lois doing all the things that would almost get her killed in every old-school cartoon episode I used to watch. While Lois has always been willing to do anything for a story, this version seems to be the only one that empowers her to constantly not let anything hold her back. The Lois that will do anything to get the story and then constantly becoming the story by being in the right place at the wrong time. CR+MK Lois was always too jaded, but somehow not smart enough, and DC+TH Lois was smart and quick, would do anything to get the story, but wasn't anywhere near reckless enough for my liking. TW+ED Lois bothered me alot when she made her first appearance, first for the obvious reason of timing, and CK doesn't have glasses yet (like they are going to find a way to fix that), but also because (and I had no idea about the Clois fan-base) she wanted NOTHING to do with reporting, and something about her attitude was WAY off. Through the years though, between ED and the writers/director, they seem to be turning her character into the Lois I am familiar with, and that's great because TW and the writers/director seem to be making CK more into the man he needs to be. I went from going, "Who the heck is this new girl trying to butcher Lois so badly?", to "This is the best portrayal of Lois Lane I think I have ever seen!" in just a few seasons.

Hopefully they can pull some more storyline magic with those pens, stop making such episodic dribble (filler stories with a 30sec storyline toss-in), and get down to the business of making Superman, Clark Kent, and Lois Lane, into the dynamic team that made the Man of Primary colors (and steel) a household name worldwide.

For the Chlark(?) fans, I'm sorry, but while I think AM carried the show for a while (I mean that, Chloe was the best character for a long time), Chloe should never replace Lois. I know that everything was there for it to happen, and the writers can always pull out the time travel card and make it happen again...

In closing; I think that TW+ED Lois is the best interpretation of Lois I have seen, even though until season 7, I thought she was so very wrong for the part. But it just goes to show you that if the writing/directing team don't use an actor/actress to their proper potential, it'll show in their work.

Flame me if you wish, but that's my take.
    Thank you.
    Last edited by Karmaggedon; 01-01-2010, 08:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ella
      Damn straight! Perfect answer, too!

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

Lois Lane is the ultimate threat to so many characters and relationships so I can see why she's not loved by everyone.

ITA!

EDLois is the best, it's just impossible to not like her.

Comment

I liked Lois since her introduction in season 4 and with each new season I like her character just a little bit more.

Comment

I've always liked Lois, prefer her way more to Lana who got annoying after 2 seasons.

Comment

Originally posted by doodie8808
            I Think Form The Message Boards I Have Read On The Web That More People Are Liking Her Character Alot!!!! I Have Always Liked Her But In Season 7 To Me She Has Really Come Into Her Own! I Think She Is Awesome

Off topic: Why are you writting with a big letter at the start of every word?

I've always loved Lois, especially from season 6 - now

Comment

I've loved SV Lois since the S4 premiere.

Comment

Only basically after Lana left have I really started to embrace Lois
                Specially into Season 8.... I'm like "Oh haiiiiiii Lois Lane, I think I like you now"

Comment

Honestly, I've loved Lois since the first second she was on SV.

Comment

She's fresher than fruit, hilarious, a full babe, kicks ass when needed...
                    Yeah she is awesome! Two thumbs up approval from yours trully ^.^

Comment

S8 was great for both Clark and Lois and I liked 'em both.

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎