No announcement yet.

So Mohinder's Spider-Man?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ginx
    And now that I think about it - if Mohinder's blood was the cure last season - if something else comes up Mohinder's blood is no longer pure and has now been tainted meaning that his blood no longer holds the answers. way to screw the pooch mo'
    That bothers me a little, because on season one he was "my father this, my father that" ...always wanted to find an explanation to help the ones with powers
    and show the world that her father wasnt' just a crazy doctor.

And also about Maya...I think that she's that whiney because someone always have take care of her aka her brother Alejandro. Until he was killed. So now, that role have it the closest person to her. In this case Mohinder

Comment

I dont really remember exactly what the hissing was.. but for some reason a cockroach never really even crossed my mind until now. I'm not sure if they were hinting at anything in particular or just doing randomness to screw us up. And the cockroach really doesnt describe the weird shedding.

----- Added 4 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by Novak Fan
      That bothers me a little, because on season one he was "my father this, my father that" ...always wanted to find an explanation to help the ones with powers
      and show the world that her father wasnt' just a crazy doctor.

And also about Maya...I think that she's that whiney because someone always have take care of her aka her brother Alejandro. Until he was killed. So now, that role have it the closest person to her. In this case Mohinder

Ya.. that is kind of stupid that he would just go and screw up the research and his blood that held so many answers just so he could have powers. I mean.. yes.. I understand you hate Sylar.. powers will help you fight him, but your not going to kill him powers or not! I mean.. Sylar has gotten ganged up on by all the heroes almost.. he's gotten stabbed and shot and sedated and nothing works! What makes Mohinder think just because he has powers now that he is going to make a difference?

And yes.. Mya is whiney and needs someone to take care of her. Like even after she had Alejandro.. she had Sylar.. though he was using her.. he did take care of her for a while. And now Mohinder. And though they do look hot together.. I really am not sure how i feel about this sudden rushed relationship.. I mean.. already they are f***ing? I guess Mya doesnt really wait. She did the same thing with Sylar.
      Last edited by Lex'sLover; 09-25-2008, 12:54 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Maya is one horny b*tch. I mean at least Jessica/Tracy/Niki/Gia, etc..etc..etc..use sex to get what they want or need-like money or power. Maya's just a plain nympho. And that her blood somehow can be mixed in non-heroes blood so they can have powers is just BS. Now, Mohinders' blood is tainted which contain the only cure that has affected many people with powers in S2 which the story lines remain open. Then now, he's cockroach man and him getting it on with Horny-MayaTM concur the idea he is a cock-roach.

I could have done without the sex scene. I would have rather had that time progress his character as the White House Official Scientist instead of the Dr. Jekyll/Mr Hyde. Maybe, they'll salvage or redeem his character by killing Maya.

Comment

lmao! I know.. totally Horny. Like.. thats her kind of comfort or something.. pretty sad. She really gets around.. I wonder whos next lmao.

hmm.. killing Mya.. i wouldnt mind that.. cause then we wouldnt have to worry about Sylar getting her power either.
          Last edited by last man of krypton; 09-25-2008, 04:35 PM. Reason: Rule breaking

Comment

I thought that Ms. Almost Puritanical South American Catholic Girl suddenly deciding to have sex with Mohinder was another manifestation of his new animalistic abilities- some kind of pheremones.

Comment

The whole Mohinder & Maya scenes in the apartment is a complete homage (ripped off?) of the scenes between Seth Brundle & Veronica Quaife apartment scenes in The Fly, not Spiderman althought his climbing the wall does look like Rami's Spiderman scene.

Mohinder becoming narassic and inflated with ego as a crazy scientist who seemingly discovered some kind of philosopher's stone - similar take with Brundle and his transformation into some kind of super-freak. Mohinder's hanging on the ceiling, jumping down to meet Maya ,climbing the wall, making love, waking up and seeing yucky transformation in the mirror are all almost exact copy of Brundle's scenes in The Fly. I should know because I was really old enough to see the Fly in the cinema in '86 and have since seen it so many times. It therefore means that Mohinder is likely to transform into a monster, just as Brundle did near the end of the film. But what kind of monster?

Comment

Originally posted by The Ninth Doctor
                I thought that Ms. Almost Puritanical South American Catholic Girl suddenly deciding to have sex with Mohinder was another manifestation of his new animalistic abilities- some kind of pheremones.
                yeah! Seriously,I thought so that too. I mean, poor Maya , everybody is telling that's she an easy girl but I think that Mohinder new power(s) had to do a lot with that. Well, that was the impression I got.

----- Added 2 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by Lex'sLover
                Ya.. that is kind of stupid that he would just go and screw up the research and his blood that held so many answers just so he could have powers. I mean.. yes.. I understand you hate Sylar.. powers will help you fight him, but your not going to kill him powers or not! I mean.. Sylar has gotten ganged up on by all the heroes almost.. he's gotten stabbed and shot and sedated and nothing works! What makes Mohinder think just because he has powers now that he is going to make a difference?
                I think that it'd have been easily to find the cure for Sylar, you know? something that could have taken out his powers. I guess that after all, Mohinder wanted to be special too, like Sylar always is saying he wanted himself.
                Last edited by Novak Fan; 09-25-2008, 09:31 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by ChronX4
                  The entire seen of him showing his abilities strongly, and I mean strongly reminded me of "The Fly", heck even the part where he noticed the transformation was almost the same (more extreme, but the same).
                  Absolutely. They pretty much stole.. sorry did a homage to the 1980 whatever remake of The Fly, I noticed this in:

1- The scene where the protagonist is crawling around on the walls and ceiling wearing only a pair of jeans, the love interest enters the apartment, whereupon he drops to the floor (in The Fly by this point he is too icky looking to subject the audience to a love scene but in an earlier scene he was doing some pretty extreme excercises and then he got busy - this one could be a mix of the two).

2- The first time he noticed a change was in the bathroom looking into the mirror. I think his fingernail came off or something.

3- He's a crazy scientist. Nuff said.

4- He's got black curly hair.

5- One is Indian one is an american Jew. Ok that last one doesn't work.

Comment

Even the Mohiner & Maya apartment has the same look & feel as Brundle's apartment in the fly. The atmospheric scenes & vibes in both films are so similar as well. A few screenshots:

Comment

Originally posted by Novak Fan

I think that it'd have been easily to find the cure for Sylar, you know? something that could have taken out his powers. I guess that after all, Mohinder wanted to be special too, like Sylar always is saying he wanted himself.
                      exactly. That would have been a better way then trying to challenge Sylar. Thats just madness. Ya, I guess thats true. He is like Sylar in that way. But.. then again.. if i was around all those heroes.. I'd want a power too! lol

Comment

Originally posted by DonnerR
                        The whole Mohinder & Maya scenes in the apartment is a complete homage (ripped off?) of the scenes between Seth Brundle & Veronica Quaife apartment scenes in The Fly, not Spiderman althought his climbing the wall does look like Rami's Spiderman scene.

Mohinder becoming narassic and inflated with ego as a crazy scientist who seemingly discovered some kind of philosopher's stone - similar take with Brundle and his transformation into some kind of super-freak. Mohinder's hanging on the ceiling, jumping down to meet Maya ,climbing the wall, making love, waking up and seeing yucky transformation in the mirror are all almost exact copy of Brundle's scenes in The Fly. I should know because I was really old enough to see the Fly in the cinema in '86 and have since seen it so many times. It therefore means that Mohinder is likely to transform into a monster, just as Brundle did near the end of the film. But what kind of monster?
                        You are right. The reason why I made the Spiderman connection was because of the very Spiderman film-style wall crawling. I have only seen The Fly a couple of times, but I immediately noticed parallels to that as well. I wouldn't be surprised if they had Sendhil Ramamurthy watch clips from The Fly and Spiderman before shooting those scenes .

The thing I remember most about The Fly was the scenes you posted pictures of.

Comment

Now the question here is if they did that on purpose, because the similarities (yeah, ripped off?) to The Fly are SO obvious. Tim Kring could always say that it's a tribute or something like that
                          Thanks for the pics DonnerR In fact even the actors are very alike.

The thing I remember most about The Fly was the scenes you posted pictures of.
                          yeah, and the part when he gets into the machine.

Comment

OK, I feel old

I still think of the 1986 version of "The Fly" as a remake and a fairly new movie till I looked up the date it was released.
                            I still remember going to it with a date.

Comment

Originally posted by warriorrenegade
                              He's changing. Reminds me of "The Fly"...wonder if he'll physically mutate. Already has slimy scales and is losing some hair. Also is Maya...preggers? Will she have "hinderFly's" baby. LOL.
                              I know, I wasn't digging the whole Mohiner has abilitys like Spiderman deal but
                              it seems that he is mutating now and I wonder if he will turn
                              into something like the Beast in X-Men? What does everyone think?

Comment

I don't think the fly similarities were a rip off, or a tribute, but rather a clue, along with the milk and hissing.

I'm going off to watch the commentaries now, and there's no way they won't mention that scene, so we will see.

EDIT: (At Xanderman because I don't feel like making a new post right now). Well we can all see the extreme similarities, but do we know they're there specifically to honor the film, or to allude to it?
                                Last edited by The Ninth Doctor; 09-27-2008, 02:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎