No announcement yet.

Time Loop Error?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time Loop Error?

If Peter did accomplish his task by deterring Nathan from telling the world about their abilities then wouldnt future Peter gain a different appearance and probably a different attitude? Anything done in the past changes the future... therefore he should have been instantaneously different.

different dimensions, think DC comics

Comment

I would agree, but I think that the fact that Future Peter wasn't in the future when the change took place might change that.

Comment

Doc Brown is scratching his head right about now....

I think if Future Peter were to go back to his time that he would adjust to the new future - but since he's still in the past it hasn't affected him yet.....

Timeline discussions hurt my head lol........ Ma Petrelli said it 'you don't mess with the timeline'

Comment

timeline or was it time? I'm not sure - but I think she said time.

Comment

I thought she said timeline -either way, she meant the same thing...... too bad Ma can't control any of her sons.....

Comment

Also by F-Peter changing his future...What future did Hiro see? Owww! Brain cramp...Advil anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by warriorrenegade
                Also by F-Peter changing his future...What future did Hiro see? Owww! Brain cramp...Advil anyone?
                lol... I know right!

Peter and Hiro need to have tea.... and get it straight.....

Comment

if F peter made any change in the past it would have affected him in that very moment, because all of the events that shaped who he is would have been changed from then on, time talk is brain straining, but if you really think about it, thats how it works. bc if Peter were to get shot, then F Peter would just vanish and nathan would have never been shot bc future peter wouldnt have existed. all changes affect the future, when someone is from the future it changes them immediately.

Comment

It seems that future Peter likely made a miscalculation when he stopped Nathan. He changed the future alright, but now the timeline is even worse. That's why is mother told him that he shouldn't be screwing with time.

As for why he wasn't changed, it's hard to explain. But if this was Star Trek, they would be saying "I hate temporal mechanics" .

My guess is that Peter would not change until he went back to the future, or perhaps it goes with the time traveling that he can exist outside the changes to the timeline while he is in the past.
                    Last edited by Vergon6; 09-22-2008, 09:47 PM.

Comment

all this time travel give me one big headache

Comment

I don't like time travel story lines. Future Peter came back to shoot Nathan because Nathan revealed them to the world. If F. Peter shot Nathan, then Nathan would never tell the world, which, if Nathan never tells, F. Peter would never have come back to shoot Nathan. If Peter never comes back, then Nathan tells the world. It's a never ending loop.

I know that's confusing. I'm trying to think of a better way to word it.

Comment

The original post makes me wonder... is Future!Peter homeless? If the future is different now... can he go back? He won't recognize it.

Comment

Since he has altered events leading to the future he knows, it has changed.
                            So, when he returns, it will not be the "home" he once knew.

Also, I do believe that a character outside his original timeline, would NOT be affected by changes brought to that timeline.

He would only be changed, if he were actually there when the changes took place.

Comment

I kinda was thinkin it might just be better not to write any thing hear for fear of going cross-eyed (austin powers)

But Peter knew things in the future had changed, yet they never showed him go back to the future. He could have just dreamed it tho I guess, but maybe he did change and now has those memories as well... I tend to think sometimes that if someone went back and changed something they'd get dislodged from time, since technically that particular version would no longer exist because now things are different....

yeah... maybe I shoulda left it alone

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎