Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else notice Clark's clothes this ep.?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else notice Clark's clothes this ep.?

Once again TPTB followed the "not-Clark" rule. As they've always said (going back to the Greg Beeman days), Clark only wears blue, red and yellow. If he's wearing another color he's not truly "Clark".

In this episode, while he was not himself (amnesia, etc.), he was wearing a white shirt and a black (or dark gray, not sure) overshirt.

It wasn't until his powers were restored that he was returned to the "superman colors".

Nice touch, I thought.

I also remembering thinking 2 other things:
    1.) Welling looked so friggin' gorgeous in his "amnesia" outfit
    and 2.) I really, really, really hate that red jacket at this point!

I have fantasies of burning that jacket...*sigh*

Comment

I noticed that they didn't have him in the red and blue until he got his powers back. And I totally agree, that grey shirt was pure hotness! Welling is gorgeous!

Comment

That is not true at all. In season 1 and season 2, Clark wore different colors. He used to wear that tan jacket. That red jacket has gotten extremely dull. I can see wearing it once every 5 episodes, but every episode. C'mon already.

Based on the clip of next week's episode we got at the tail end of Odyssey, it looks like Clark will change his attire to business---meaning no red jackets (hopefully).

Comment

I totally agree. I hit the rewind button for that scene several times. He's gorgeous.

Comment

2 things that bother me, first the standard blue shirt, and red jacket seems out of place simply because he's not Superman so how does he know blue/red are going to be his costume colours...unless we assume blue and red are his fav colours.

Second, i like the fact they put him in different clothes in russia, umm that made him more not so superman like in his red/blue outfits...since he's not superman, hasn't really followed Jor-Els instructions, i see no point sporting the red/blue just yet. Second, the blue and red are way too bright and should be darker tones. I just feel bright colours make the clothes look more fake than real, so toning them down would help in that aspect.

Third, clark has wore blue coats as well, they need to mix his wardrobe up and not stick to the same blue shirt and red jacket, tone down the brightness, only way the suit colours make sense now is if we assume those are clarks fav colours so he chooses to stick to those when he eventually gets a suit. If you want clark to wear the red jacket at least change his shirt colours, nothing needs to match superman cause at this point he's nowhere near that status until he completes his journey and training with Jor-El, this is why think the bright blue and red wardrobe sucks and they should not have him in the same wardrobe every episode like he practically has during the 8 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Smallville6
              I have fantasies of burning that jacket...*sigh*
              I got some on my own as well

Comment

Clark looked amazing in this episode! I mean he does all the time, but a change in his wardrobe is long over

Anyone notice the shirt he was wearing during the Chloe save looked like one of Ollie's shirts, just unbuttoned.

Comment

Might have looked like one of Ollies, but I don't think they would fit. Tom quite abit bigger that he is.

He wasn't wearing his trade mark work boots either.

Comment

I cant wait until Plastique when we see him in his DP clothes!

Comment

Yeah I liked earlier seasons where he work different clothes like the plaid shirts and stuff. The red jack is getting very over done. We know those are his primary colors and probably was for the house of EL which is why Kara wore them. But he needs to wear normal colors to have dual identity or they would easily put 2 and 2 together.

Comment

Originally posted by PacificNWBuckeye
                        Might have looked like one of Ollies, but I don't think they would fit. Tom quite abit bigger that he is.

LoL, I think it was Oliver's shirt, but because Clark is so much bigger he couldn't button it up.
                        - Worked for me... he looked amazing. I loved how they changed up his wardrobe in this episode. I hope it continues.

Comment

Originally posted by PacificNWBuckeye

He'd better burn those work books. Tess has a picture of the tread made by his boots. Maybe that's another reason to put him in civies and out of the farm attire. When she sees that tread, she's gonna know he was there when Lex went missing. Wonder if that's why she cozies up to him later. Could it be because he is so stinkin' good looking? Nah. Gotta be the boots.

Comment

The red jacket is his costume, the scenes with it in where clark's not wearing it made it seem like it wasn't a normal coat. The material looked all wrong, more like Bart's material, or is it just me?

Comment

His shirts were sexy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎