No announcement yet.

Do You Like The Black Canary? (Dinah)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do You Like The Black Canary? (Dinah)

I thought she was good. Her storylines suck but I think she's a strong character.
    Last edited by LovelyLoisLane; 09-02-2009, 04:26 PM. Reason: made thread more open for opinion

The character is very sexy, I like her character.

Comment

yeah the writers havent given her much to work with, but i think she is a really good character.

although her power seems a little useless at times.

Comment

she's alright, i just dont connect with her very well... i dont get her...

Comment

Originally posted by Hopefulsuicide
          she's alright, i just dont connect with her very well... i dont get her...
          Makes sense.

Comment

Originally posted by 6-Super-Man -5
            Makes sense.
            i have to agree also. i feel like the writers are holding back on something about her. something we can't put our finger on...

Comment

Maybe because, after only four weeks of search, she suggested they should give up on Clark? AC barely said two lines during the whole episode, but at least he didn't seem so eager to abandon the search. I think that that, her cocking her head to the side every time she speaks and narrowing her eyes every time she wants to look concerned or angry are the things that put her last on my list of favorite guest stars.

Comment

I like her, but I just didnt connect with her either.
                I think maybe it's because in Siren she hardley had anything to do with Clark, and never connected with him on a personal level, so niether did we. All the other comic heros that have come onto Smallville have connected and focused on mainly Clark in their episodes, but in hers it was more about Oliver.
                Also, I liked her more in Odyssey then I did in Siren.

Comment

I like her!

Comment

I'd connect with her. I'd connect with her hard.

But seriously... ok to be honest I have no real opinion of her. She's pretty. I love fishnet stockings. That's good enough, I guess :/

Comment

She's too one demensional at this point. They need to flesh out her personality and character more. I mean, I can barely remember Siren,(Not that I remember every SV episode, just saying), but for a guest star she should be memorable.

I probably shouldn't be comparing the two, but in JLU, she seemed to be better character. (Admittedly, it's blurry, but at least there she made an impression that stuck!)
                      She was noticeable there because she had more personality and an actual story to go on.

Okay, all that aside, it really annoys me that she goes around wearing a wig. Just how many superheroes need wigs?! If she didn't and actually went around with her cropped hair all the time, I would probably like her cropped hair more. Ironically, from a fashion standpoint, I think short hair looks really cool on women. I would probably want her haircut (eventhough I know I don't have the right kind of hair for it), if she didn't wear that freakin wig all the time!

The painted on mask thing also bugs me, but not as much as the wig.
                      She'd look less silly without it. I mean, if you're gonna run around wearing a wig when you're going civillian, why even bother with a mask?

Costume designers really messed up with Black Canary. *facepalms*
                      Besides that, now that I think about it, her romance with Olly seems pretty forced.
                      With Lois it seemed to fall into place, but with Dinah, it just seems thrown together in a rush.
                      Last edited by Mini Wolfsbane; 09-20-2008, 01:13 PM.

Comment

She's a little boring, i like the others in JLA! they are great, but she just dosen't fit in JLA.
                        It's just my opinion, i don't really want her to be in JLA, even so she was good in Odyssey, and the acting was also great.

Comment

They haven't shown much romance at all between Dinah and Oliver. I would have liked to see a little more sparkage between the two but they aren't the main characters so I'm not going to complain. My whole problem with Dinah/Black Canary is the hair, makeup, and costume. Major faux pas with everything. I like Alaina Huffman herself, but the look for me is very jarring and completely wrong. Nothing about the way she looks says Black Canary to me except the fishnets. I'm also not completely sure that I like the way they do her Canary cry, but it's not horrible. Give her time and she may grow on me, but I'm still going to miss the comic book/JLU cartoon look.

Comment

For me I think it's just that, Black Canary was never an interesting character to begin with. I think they just brought her in because they didn't have much of a pool of characters they were actually allowed to bring in. Plus she's as of right now the only female JL member so that's a plus in her favor I guess. It doesn't help though that they gave her such a boyish haircut.

Comment

badly cast and badly designed. The actress should grow her hair and now their IDs are blown she should stop wearing the painted on mask. Take away her knives and focus on the scream and her martial arts

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎