Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

of course I did miss Lex he is the best villain ever

Comment

Originally posted by Polomontana
      I missed Lex and I have to get used to Tess.
      Although i definitely missed Lex, i actually liked Tess.

----- Added 3 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by Cowl-El
      Here's what I missed. I missed Lex Luthor. I don't think that I missed Michael Rosenbaum's take on Lex Luthor, but the show NEEDs a Lex. From day 1, MR has played Lex a little whiney and more than a little spoiled. And even when Lex has gone to the deepest and darkest places he could possibly go to (in quite possibly the best performances he's ever given), he's always played him as less-than-cool.

What I mean by that is that Lex Luthor in the Superman comics is always collected. He's always got it together. Lex Luthor in the Superman comic books is the ultimate chess player. What I mean by that is that in chess, the best players are always thinking what they call "seven moves ahead" planning out their ultimate strategy down the road and they take failures and unexpected moves on the other player into account and they have back-up plans and other hidden resources to ultimately get the goal done.

Now I realize that it's a television show and that for the sake of the audience you have to show that the heroes are gaining the upper hand occasionally, but for me this made Lex Luthor appear too much like a whiney wimpy baby type character who was frustrated by a handfull of only slightly organized superheroes as if the project he was CURRENTLY working on was his only ace in the hole and he blew up emotionally whenever things went sour. I don't mean a literal explosion of angry emotion (but sometimes he did that) but it was enough to make him lose his composure and give this look of "Oh no, what am I gonna do now?" And that's not Lex Luthor. That's not the Lex Luthor I know.

What I think Tess brings to the show is what Lex should have had all along. Tess brings with her the sense that she's got DOZENS of projects all up in the air all going at once and if you shut one of her projects down, it doesn't bother her in the slightest, because she's got other things to see to and take care of, and even start up other projects. She brings the feeling that she's not going down easily at all.

Which is what Lex should have been all along. Sure his father would have had his fingers in many pies, but as the seasons progressed, Lex taking over LuthorCorp and even the eventual hostile takeover (sometime in the future) so that the company becomes renamed LexCorp, would have Lex with all those projects including those of his own now. As any good business man running a business that supports many avenues will tell you. If one project is showing an irrecoverable loss, cut it and start up something else. You stand more to gain from figuring out what DOES work than moping about and trying to hold on to something that does not.

Did I miss Lex? Yes.
      Did I miss Michael Rosenbaum? No. Maybe. A little.
      But Tess is everything Lex should have been all along.
      WOW... you should be a lawyer.
      Last edited by Selenatripox; 08-07-2009, 01:20 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Lex for S9 !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

looking back to when Odyssey first aired, i did miss Lex at first, but was open to a season without him. and i liked Tess from the get go, i thought she was gonna be like a female Lex, but slowly, she came into her own. now that the season is over, i like that Lex is gone because when he comes back, its gonna be that much more special

Comment

Working...
          X
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎