TV Ratings for "Odyssey"

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Myankskent you are right.I didn't know about the final rating.I thought it was around the 3.5 mark.4.4 is fantastic.I believe that Arctic was 3.9 and season 7 has an average of 3.7.Of course it wasn't near Bizarro's rating but that shouldn't concern us.The cast has been significantly altered and it lost some key members.In some respects it is a new show.It has many new storylines beginning.If they can captivate the fans(based on Odyssey i believe they can) and with the first 10 episodes airing in a row,i believe that the ratings will stay around the 4.5 mark and hopefully increase.

Comment

Of course House trounced 90210 this week with 18mil, but with the 3.33mil for 90210 and a couple of weeks ago ANTM premiere 3.48mil they seem to be happy with those ratings, from what I've read.

I know Smallville can do better than that! Bizarro was about 5mil, I think. One comment was that the CW seems to be the only network that is doing better this year so far. {I guess they are happy with Baby steps.}
      I guess if they are happy with 3 or 4 mil, then SV should have no problem getting renewed

Looks like Smallville will still be CW's top rated show.
      In season-premiere news, the CW’s veteran Smallville was on the map with 4.38 million viewers (#5) and a fourth-place 1.8/ 6 among adults 18-49. Smallville ranked first in the 8 p.m. hour in men 18-34 (2.2/ 8), men 18-49 (2.1/ 7) and males 12-34 (2.0/ 8), and second in adults 18-34 (1.8/ 6) and persons 12-34 (1.7/ 6). The season-premiere of lead-out Supernatural, meanwhile, rose to a series-high in total viewers (#5, 3.96 million; A18-49: #4, 1.8/ 6), adults 18-49 (#5, 1.7/ 5), women 18-49 (1.8/ 5) and men 18-49 (1.6/ 5). Comparatively, Supernatural grew from its year-ago season-opener by 33 percent in total viewers and as much as 84 percent among women 18-49.
      Last edited by SparkleforSmallville; 09-19-2008, 10:18 AM.

Comment

Anyone know how Smallville Odyssey did compared to the 90210 opener in terms of ratings?

Comment

Originally posted by costas22
          Of course it wasn't near Bizarro's rating but that shouldn't concern us.
          Well, just one thing about Bizarro's rating. That episode had a lot going for it considering the fact that it had Bizarro in it, who was of course played by TW. That provided an extra incentive to watch. To top it off, they were also promoting Supergirl a lot as well before the season started and there were multiple "death" cliffhangers with the other characters that might've had people tuning in. "Odyssey" didn't feature Clark once in any of the promos and didn't have a powerful villain to attract attention. Let's see what happens when Doomsday starts to get promoted a lot as the season moves along.

Comment

So, uh, I'm not really familiar with all this ratings stuff. Is 4.38 the absolute final number?

Comment

No they are preliminars we are waiting preemtion and DVR the later is in 3 weeks

Comment

90210 premiere was higher, I think 5mil? but has since dropped into the 3 mil. and holding. Smallville will average higher, I believe. I loved Odyssey!

Comment

and I live in Bryan, and I'm pretty sure that at least half of Texas, and parts of other states were wiped out by hurrican Ike. They have no power...and couldn't watch it. I do think that makes a huge difference!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

In Ohio there are still a lot of people without power even today. And my cable was just fixed on Wednesday after it went out Sunday all over Ohio, so lots of people are still without cable, in fact it was like 30 percent or more of Time Warner customers still not on Thursday.
                    Last edited by curiosity; 09-19-2008, 10:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SparkleforSmallville
                      90210 premiere was higher, I think 5mil? but has since dropped into the 3 mil. and holding. Smallville will average higher, I believe. I loved Odyssey!
                      i hope 90210 will stay down there. When Smallville beats 90210 week in week out every week, I want Dawn to torture herself.

Comment

Originally posted by SparkleforSmallville
                        Supernatural grew from its year-ago season-opener by 33 percent in total viewers and as much as 84 percent among women 18-49.
                        I don't watch Supernatural, it's just too much of a horror show for me.

Comment

Originally posted by curiosity
                          I don't watch Supernatural, it's just too much of a horror show for me.
                          I've tried, but I get scared

Comment

Originally posted by UserName1
                            Al Gough and Miles Millar have officially left. This will be the first episode without them. The main reason I was watching Smallville was because they were the producers and encoded information our kind. Without them I'll have no use for watching and the ratings would go down.
                            How is Hannah Montana, Goughlar?

Comment

The ratings seem pretty good to me, considering that we've lost 3 main characters and the original producers. However, I'm sure the ratings will increase significantly around episode 10

Comment

Considering the fact that the show has received very poor promotion and marketing from the CW i think the ratings are pretty decent.

I'm amused that Smallville's ratings beat those for 90210 and Gossip Girl - the CW's pet shows.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎