TV Ratings for "Odyssey"

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I said "Mostly everyone", not "Everyone".

Comment

The CW season premiere of Smallville led off with 4.383 million viewers and a 1.8/6 in both demo categories. It was down around 14% versus last year’s season premiere (9/27/07) of 5.08 million viewers, but only down about 5% among 18-49 year olds where last year it had a 1.9.
      Source: http://tvbythenumbers.com/2008/09/19...ral-score/5193

I don't think anyone can really be surprised that the numbers are going to go down from last season. Its not really unexpected, IMO. SV is 8 years old. Its gotten almost zero publicity for the upcoming season anywhere other then on the internet. It has NO support whatsoever from the network its on. It lost 2 popular cast members (3 if you count John Glover). And its leading actor, much as I love and adore him, will not appear publically to support or publicize the show.

I think we all need to view the ratings realistically, and concentrate more on hoping that the season is one that we can enjoy, and the show brings Clark's story to a fitting close. I'd just like the number to stay in the 4m's.
      Last edited by BadToad; 09-19-2008, 09:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by UserName1
        Al Gough and Miles Millar have officially left. This will be the first episode without them. The main reason I was watching Smallville was because they were the producers and encoded information our kind. Without them I'll have no use for watching and the ratings would go down.
        Al, Miles, is that you?

Comment

In season-premiere news, the CW’s veteran Smallville was on the map with 4.38 million viewers (#5) and a fourth-place 1.8/ 6 among adults 18-49. Smallville ranked first in the 8 p.m. hour in men 18-34 (2.2/ 8), men 18-49 (2.1/ 7) and males 12-34 (2.0/ 8), and second in adults 18-34 (1.8/ 6) and persons 12-34 (1.7/ 6).

The demos were pretty good.

Just wait for the finals to come in, they could go up considerably.

Comment

What bothers me is that certain "fans" of the show(especially from other websites) are happy with the potential bad rating.Let me clarify that i don't want a 9th season.I wasn't crazy about an 8th one either.However the show we all love in one shape or form is still here.It's not Lost,it sure has it's flaws but to gloat over a bad rating and call yourself a fan of the show is unacceptable.Does it really make a difference if they don't lean towards a Chlark direction?If it does then don't watch it.Iam a Chlarker but the survival of the show is above everything.On the rating itself,there is a lot of blame to go around.The CW put most of it's eggs in the 90210 and forgot about Smallville.Also the departures of Lana and Lex played a role.But let's not forget that season 5 didn't have much promise and until Reckoning it suprised us pleasently.The show has a fresh direction and could attract more viewers in the long haul.Here in Greece we have a saying:Every new beginning is difficult.

Comment

Originally posted by JAMHEXXX
              In season-premiere news, the CW’s veteran Smallville was on the map with 4.38 million viewers (#5) and a fourth-place 1.8/ 6 among adults 18-49. Smallville ranked first in the 8 p.m. hour in men 18-34 (2.2/ 8), men 18-49 (2.1/ 7) and males 12-34 (2.0/ 8), and second in adults 18-34 (1.8/ 6) and persons 12-34 (1.7/ 6).

The demos were pretty good.

Just wait for the finals to come in, they could go up considerably.
              Yes first place in men ....well if the damn CW remembered that men count too.

Comment

4.4 ain't bad!

Comment

Those ratings are excellent for Smallville. If they stay in the 4 million range and mix in some 5's later on, Smallville is getting picked up for another season assuming TPTB can get TW back.

Comment

THOSE ARE BETTER THAN I THOUGHT, and I can't remember the last time we won men 18-49.

Comment

Originally posted by costas22
                      What bothers me is that certain "fans" of the show(especially from other websites) are happy with the potential bad rating.
                      The problem is that this is not a bad rating. People can talk all they want about the premier last season, the fact of the matter is that Smallville doesn't need to match last season to get picked up for next year. The CW is raving about shows like Gossip Girl and 90210 and they can't even come close to 4 million people. The CW is not stupid. They might not promote the hell out of Smallville, but they need Smallville's 4 million plus viewers every week.
                      Last edited by myankskent; 09-19-2008, 09:47 AM.

Comment

Thanks so much for the news. Those numbers are very good. I can't wait to see what the finals are. I'm keeping it all in perspective, but still, it was a wonderful 1-2 punch last night, with Smallville and Supernatural. I hope more viewers discover this in the coming weeks!

Comment

Originally posted by Kreukie
                          I said "Mostly everyone", not "Everyone".
                          My bad. But I also feel that you're being too pessimistic and that it's never too late to make things right. This is Superman we're talking about. He always comes through in the end.

Just out of curiosity, what are Gossip Girl and 990210's numbers? If they are below Smallville and Supernatural's, I want to revel in the fact and go "naner, naner, Dawn/CW!"

Comment

A little loving from DO (a.k.a. pootyhead) would be nice. SV is helping to pay her unearned salary and she can't even muster up a teensyweensy bit of promotion? Well, that's just not nice.

Comment

I am almost sure that 90210 is drooping (last episode it didn't reached the 3.5 mark) but it had almost 5 million on it premiere and Gossip girl had like 3.5?? I am not sure somebody should correct this numbers

Comment

Do we have a definite number yet?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎