Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TV Ratings for "Odyssey"

Discuss the television ratings (not how you rate the episode) for Odyssey.

I think that we have three things against us in terms of ratings. 1. Michael and Kristen are gone and the fans that watched solely for them will not watch. 2. The premier was poorly promoted. 3. Arctic left a bad taste in a lot of fan's mouths as well as the Doomsday spoilers. We will have to see how those balance against the positives: 1. People's curiosity to see what this show will be like when it is not run by goughlar and 2. The return of the Justice league. I predict 3-3.5 million.
    Last edited by scifigirl; 09-17-2008, 07:12 PM.

Comment

I predict 4-6 million views or higher, this was a really exciting wait, and now it's almost here!

Comment

i'm going to be positive and say we will get like 5.2-5.6 million. People are really looking forward to this season...my friend that hates smallville is turning in cause she think that aquaman is cute and that justin hartley looks so "bad boyish"...so lets hope there are other people that may watch just for the frivoulousness of it all im watching and dvring and then watching again...wonder if that helps any

Comment

3-3.5 tops. Not alot of cooler buzz.

Comment

well i think it will get 4-5million viewers for the live airing and then bumped up a few points for the DVR counting.

Comment

I think it will be one of the higher/highest rated premieres. Yes, there are negatives...MR and KK gone, Doomsday, poor season 8 promotion, and other things...but I think all the anticipation, and the spoilers for the rest of the season...aka...Clois, daily planet, chloe's powers, LOSH, Justice League...will make people tune in!! I say 4.5 Million!!!

Comment

Any word on the performance of 90210 v House?

If all goes to plan, the Smallville season Premiere will draw 5.5 million and 90210 will muster a paltry 1.6 million.

Comment

well i believe for its series premiere it was around 4-5million viewers and then the next week droped down to around 3 million. But i am hoping for smallville to be in 5million range for premiere and stay in 4-5million range for season like most of season 7 was besides a few times dropping to low/high 3 million range.

Comment

^^^^^^^^
                    Yeah, 4 to 5 mill every week would be a good effort under the Asstrough circumstances.

Comment

Originally posted by scifigirl
                      I think that we have three things against us in terms of ratings. 1. Michael and Kristen are gone and the fans that watched solely for them will not watch. 2. The premier was poorly promoted. 3. Arctic left a bad taste in a lot of fan's mouths as well as the Doomsday spoilers. We will have to see how those balance against the positives: 1. People's curiosity to see what this show will be like when it is not run by goughlar and 2. The return of the Justice league. I predict 3-3.5 million.
                      More positive's include:

1-the various interviews done by IGN, Comiccon, TV. Guide, CW Source and many others.

2- the various fans of Supernatural fans camping at the SV section who saw the trailer, who tell one of their friends and one tells another.

3-The Youtube videos.

4- The recent clips released.

5- Various internet spoiler sites.

So yeah SV has a chance at 4.5 million.

Comment

If it gets bad ratings I'm mainly blaming the poor promotion it gets from the CW.

Comment

Originally posted by UserName1
                          Al Gough and Miles Millar have officially left. This will be the first episode without them. The main reason I was watching Smallville was because they were the producers and encoded information our kind. Without them I'll have no use for watching and the ratings would go down.
                          or up

new blood is good sometimes. The show was getting stale

The main reason I watch Smallville is for the development of Superman and Tom of course. If he leaves so do I

Comment

I'm hoping for 5.5 million though I really want 6 million!

Bizarro got 5.18 million and the year before Zod got 4.96 million or something.

The CW (as crappy as it is) is available in more households than last year (I would hope) so that means more casual viewers besides hardcore fans.

Nothing new is playing on other channels besides America's Got Talent on NBC for 30 minutes and Hole in a Wall on FOX. Reruns on everything else (Ugly Betty on ABC, CSI on CBS).

I think Odyssey has a good chance of high ratings despite bad promotion from the network.

Comment

^Me too! I think SV has a good chance.
                              lets all cross our fingers for 6 million!

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎