Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loved it? Hated it? What did you think of Odyssey?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It was really good at the time, probably because I hadn't seen a new episode for AGES so I was just happy to see one, now looking back I think I'd give it an 8 rather than a 10!

Comment

• Originally posted by superhippie2000
      After the show airs give your feedback and opinions.

Thread will open after the first airing of the episode.
      I thought this was an EXCELLENT Season Opener.

Tess is a really promising character.

/Selenatripox

Comment

• Question: If Tess was named by Lex to have unrestricted access to all his things....why did she only show up in the Artic a month later?

----- Added 11 Minutes later -----

Next question:Why did Clark owe that Russian guy money?
        Last edited by Chloe_is_my_Hero; 08-19-2009, 10:27 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

• 10 - Excellent
          loved it

Comment

• I like the Justice League team up, the Clois scenes and the Martian Manhunter part the best in this episode.

Comment

• Loved it !!!!
              Tom Welling looked amazing,
              He's finally grown up

Loved the part where the JL never quits but keeps looking for Clark.
              And of course Clark starting at the DP.

Comment

• Season eight finally arrived here!
                And ooooh, did I like this episode? YES.

Tom did a terrific job, especially when Clark was in Russia fighting with the bad guys and Ollie. About Oliver, how did he find Clark? I don't get that.

I sooo loved the ending scene, Clark joining the Daily Planet, working with Lois,..

Can't wait for the following episodes.

Comment

• This episode is way better than arctic.Liked the plot,the chloe plot and liked how clark got his powers back

Comment

• There is still over two months to season 10 so I decided to watch s8 and s9 again,because i can't wait for new episodes ....

Odyssey is much better than Arctic ..
                    I like whole episode especialy the parts when is clark in russia and in DP with lois ...
                    9/10 for me ...

Comment

• great

Comment

• 9/10. Like a lot of other fans I was questioning what the show was gonna be like after so many original characters left and new faces stepped in, but season 8 was always a breath of fresh air I thought after seasons 5-7. I still like seasons 5-7 but there was a lot they could've done better.
                        Season 8 was a new chapter for the show and changed for the better. Also I was intrigued by Tess Mercer right away when she was introduced.

Comment

• Not a bad beginning for a new season. A little clunky in places, but Clark looked AMAZING and while I'm not a fan of blond men, Oliver was amazing eye candy, too. Tess is a bit too hard for me, but I guess Lex would choose someone like her to hold down the fort in his absence. I liked seeing members of the JLA in rescue mode.

Comment

• So much better than Season Seven's season finale! The story in this ep was well-executed, and everything connected in a way that actually made sense. It feels like a proper start to a new season storyline. And, we finally get to meet Tess Mercer as a character.

Comment

• It was an excellent start to the season, and certainly had a different vibe to it from previous seasons. Perhaps setting so much of it away from familiar surroundings helped. It also helped that Clark's attire and attitude for the most part was very different from what had become overly familiar. We were introduced to Tess Mercer, and saw the return of MM and some of the Justice League.

The best parts for me were when Oliver went to rescue a powerless Clark, everything at Black Creek plus the final scene at the DP. Clark now working at the DP is a milestone moment for the series and it brings the banter between him and Lois to a new environment. Clearly both are happy with that development.

Comment

• A breath of fresh air. The show had kinda grown stale, during the last two seasons. With Clark sitting around on the farm, occationally fighting supervillains, the neverending cycles of Clana. However, AlMiles had left after season seven, together with Kreuk and Rosenbaum, and the show was now under new management. And, because of this, the show really got new energy.

We're introduced to LuthorCorp's new CEO: Tess Mercer. An obscure regional VP, that Lex left in charge. And we won't find out why, until season 10. I like that they didn't instantly announce her to be Lex's half-sister. Certainly, Lionel had an established history of infidelity. But, it would still feel like a never before mentioned sister, who shows up from nowhere.

Since the S7 finale, Chloe has lost her healing powers and developed an enhanced intelligence, thanks to being infected by Brainiac. I like this. The Brainiac infection was something, that lead to something. Her being able to heal people, didn't really go anywhere. She could even revive the dead, which means that death would no longer be a concern (any time a character dies, you just have Chloe bring them back to life). Sure, the Fortress was shown to be able to revive a person in S5, but that came with a prize: that someone else has to die, in their place. Ergo, it's an option not many people would be willing to go through with. You either stay dead or let a loved one die in your place. My only problem with the Brainiac infection is that she didn't develop abilities like speed and strength, until "Legion", which concluded the arc (might've been interesting to see what she might've done with such abilities, for part of the season). However, despite that, the Brainiac infection still proved to be a workable secondary storyline, alongside the Doomsday plotline.

And the episode ends with Clark starting to work at the DP. I like that they had him start out in the basement, as the other characters. It means that, while he has started working at the DP, he still has to work himself up through the ranks (According to "Homecoming", he'll be working on the eight floor by 2017). You don't become the newspaper's star reporter, on your first day on the job. It's a feeling I never got from the George Reeves or Dean Cain incarnations. They simply started working at the DP and didn't seem to go anywhere, careerwise.

Still not clear how Clark and MM made it back from the sun. With MM loosing his powers, from the contact with the sun and Clark being unconcious. Of course, we have before seen Clark float in the air while sleeping (and possibly flown in "Rosetta", in an unconcious state). So, perhaps MM used his telepathy to implant a command to fly them back to Earth, in Clark's mind, before loosing his powers.
                                Last edited by jon-el87; 03-21-2017, 02:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎