Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What was the worst thing in this season?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Superman and Sullivan...WTF

Sadly...I have to agree that "This Clark has become nothing but a pantie-waist & a complete disgrace" in the last few seasons.

But I don't think the solution for this is to take Chloe of the show. Chloe has to be downplayed and let Clark into the spotlight, from what I remember this is the Journey of Clark Kent becoming Superman, not Chloe Sullivan realizing she's a Meteor Freak. I mean seriously for how long is she going to be Clark's Brain. Is she gonna be his trusty side kick every time he's unable to save Lana's Life and use her healing powers for poor Lana...This is not Batman and Robin!

The writing just sucked this season I agree.
    Plus Lana becoming all good again was just retarded. And how in Zod's name was she unable to tell the difference between Bizarro and Clark...is beyond me. What were the writers thinking. I just wish they made her evil I actually lilked the Lexana storyline in season 6 even though they ended it so poorly.

Before you guys jump on me... IMO the Veritas storyline was the only interesting thing about this season. Of course there are some plot holes here and there...but it was the only darn think that made me wanna sit on my a** for about 50 minutes watching horrible commercials and stupid Gossip Girl promos. I liked the concept of how they integrated all the four families in the quest for the traveler. For those of you who believe that they pulled the Veritas story line out the very last minute...I think you guys should maybe reconsider and check out the Lionel epi's in season 5 and season 6.
    I might be wrong...but I think they hinted about Lionel knowing about Clark. However I did think it was pathetic for Lionel Luthor to be on his knees, begging Chloe for forgiveness that was just way too overly dramatic! This is not a freakin Soap Opera!

What was most disappointing was how they ended it with Clex...it was just horrible. The season Finale was the worst I have ever seen. I think if I watch it again I just might be blinded. Clark was such a BDA, maybe the only good thing that came out of it was Lois becoming her own strong character unlike our Brilliant Super hero

I really don't understand the ridiculous fillers they had like Sleeper,Hero,and Fierce it was just a disgrace of writing. I don't even want to go into the details...uggh. I thought Lara and kara were horrible epis also...Helen Slater just couldn't pull it off she just was so weak in her acting. For a minute I didn't think I was even watching Smallville.

Anywayz, I could go on nit picking and criticizing some of the stupidities in writing this season, but I 'm just getting a headache from it all. I just hope season 8 will be a turn around for Clark. And I hope we have more Lois moments because I am so sick of the Lana Drama. I still can't believe they gave Lana 5 episodes to be in and Chloe is in all 22 and Lois only gets 13. Maybe EDlois thought it was better to be in 13 episodes so they don't destroy her character like they did with everyone else. Well all we can do is cross our fingers and hope for the best*sigh*
    Last edited by MetropolisGirl4SV; 07-20-2008, 10:35 AM.

Comment

Some aspects of the writing and the writers strike.

Comment

Clana
        Chimmy
        and the writing.

Comment

Originally posted by xrayvision
          Bad things this season:

1. The writing. This was my biggest gripe by far. Veritas contradicted so many past facts and scenes and brought up so many questions that will never be answered. How did Lionel know when & where Clark would arrive on Earth when not even Swann (who was the one to get the Rosetta message) knew? It took Swann years to decode the symbols as he told Clark in Rosetta, and even then he still didn't know where Clark landed until the burnings of the symbols on the Kent barn. There were many other examples of bad writing. We had several contradicting explanations to the destruction of Krypton. Back in season 2, we saw from the space images that Swann had of W5, that Krypton & its red sun were both gone. Then in season 5, they said Zod was the one at fault, which contradicted Rosetta. Then in Kara & Lara, they said a war caused the destruction. Then, I even heard that Kara & the Chronicles of Krypton (which I do not consider Smallville canon) revealed that Zor-El's mining operations caused Krypton's core to become unstable. Then finally, Apocalypse put things back to the way that would align with the space image seen in Rosetta where the red sun exploded & took Krypton with it. So during season 7 itself, there were 3 explanations of the destruction of Krypton given on the show (canon) & off the show (non-canon).

Other examples of bad writing included the deaths of Grant/Julian and Lionel with no followup whatsoever by Clark/Lois/Chloe/Jimmy/etc. Also the way they wrote Hero was horrible. Pete was ridiculed again.

And how can anyone forget the mess of scenes that was rammed into the finale that resulted in what could be the biggest letdown of the entire series after waiting 7 years to see how Clark & Lex would end up.

2. Time travel. With the events that happened after Brainiac went back in time, there would be serious changes to the Smallville timeline. The entire history would change.

3. The thought of having fillers like Fierce, Action, Wrath, and Sleeper when they knew Michael would be leaving at the end of the season and how they probably also knew about the possibility of the writer's strike was just mind-boggling. Then they crammed everything into the finale and destroyed it.

4. Clark STILL being a BDA and having a horrible attitude that is unlike any other incarnation of Superman. In Quest, he downplayed and insulted the legend of Naman, which back in Talisman he took very seriously. Clark was still obsessed beyond belief with Lana. And Chloe's intrusion into what used to be Clark's role continued. Clark continued relying heavily on her rather than being the proactive hero he once was back in seasons 1-3. The punishment by Jor-El that happened offscreen in Blue and revealed in Persona was just absolutely stupid. The thing that sickened me the most was having Chloe defeat Brainiac & Lana defeat Bizarro (who also became a BDA extraordinaire).

Bottom line: This Clark is nothing but a pantie-waist & a complete disgrace. Chloe & Lana have to both be taken off the show so Clark could once again get the focus he used to get when Loeb was on the show. The characters of Chloe & Lana have both strayed from their original intention and I no longer appreciate either of them after the seemingly irreversible damage that was done to Clark. It's time to have Clark and Lois work together along with Jimmy and Perry White. That would be a very positive environment for Clark to show us what he's really made of. No wonder Tom Welling is so disappointed. He should have refused to sign the contract extension unless they fixed his character.
          Just for the record: Lois IS a regular in season 8, too bad. I'd rather have Lana as a regular, since this is SMALLVILLE, not some stupid superman movie of comic book. It's about the younger years of CK.. Why not let him start training and dating Lois AFTER this series?

I've actually been trying to write a fanfic about Clark en Lois loving each other, but it's really hard :S That's why he keeps turning back to Lana in my story.. They don't have chemistry like Clana. At least it's way harder to write it with those two.

It feels like CLois isn't meant to be.. I really don't like them together.. At least as a couple.. As friends they're great, good humor and stuff.. but lovers; no way

And I voted for "Other". I think the writing, acting and Lana was good. I think that the relationship between James and Chloe s*cked.. I hope Jimmy dies in 8x10 (don't care about the future)..

Comment

The writing was the worst part of this season for me. The acting was still very good, which is kind of a given considering the all-star cast of this show. The directing, thus, must be pretty good as well. Lana? LOL, she may have had her moments this season, but she certainly wasn't the worst part of it by any means. She had some quite lovely scenes in several episodes, actually. And yeah, the budget may be starting to affect the special effects, but we still had some cool ones included. So yes, it was definitely the writing that was the worst part for me. The season seemed fairly boring, the relationships kind of just drug on without much romantic spark between the couples, and I may be in the minority, but Kara was not a highlight of the season for me, and I think she was supposed to be in theory... But yeah, the writing was very sub-par this time around, at least compared to several other seasons.

--SGuthrie ><>' --

Comment

Originally posted by lana 9
              the writing lana was good in season 7
              In a way it was. They made her look like a bad person, but it was Clark they wrote poorly for making him forgive her all the time. She faked her own death, stole 10 million from Lex, spies on Lex, everything that happened in Wrath, Bizzaro business and kidnapping Lionel. Clark finally tells her off in Siren, but then forgives her at the end of the episode. You can see all season they were planting seeds for Clark and Lana to finally breakup. Then the actress goes for that street fighter movie causing her to miss the last 5 episodes. So they must of new she would come back for 5 in season 8 to wrap up her story. So they just came up with a quick way to write her off in season 7, which was the Braniac coma thing. Then in season 8 they went a completely different direction.

Comment

Originally posted by chumchees
                In a way it was. They made her look like a bad person, but it was Clark they wrote poorly for making him forgive her all the time. She faked her own death, stole 10 million from Lex, spies on Lex, everything that happened in Wrath, Bizzaro business and kidnapping Lionel. Clark finally tells her off in Siren, but then forgives her at the end of the episode. You can see all season they were planting seeds for Clark and Lana to finally breakup. Then the actress goes for that street fighter movie causing her to miss the last 5 episodes. So they must of new she would come back for 5 in season 8 to wrap up her story. So they just came up with a quick way to write her off in season 7, which was the Braniac coma thing. Then in season 8 they went a completely different direction.
                I thought the character of Lana was probably the most interesting in S7(Clana not so much) since S2. That being said if I was a fan of the character I probably wouldn't care for the way she was written for the most part

Comment

So many things.

Comment

Fracture- Even after seeing Lexana making love and Lana telling Lex she will always love him, Clark still wants this girl. So much for marrying Lex just to protect Clark considering this occurred after they were married.

Comment

The writing, definitely.

When they knew MR was leaving ... why have him on a meandering journey/obsession trying to uncover Kara's secrets? The focus should have been squarely on Lex putting together the final pieces of Clark's secrets and lies. This was the season he should have been building towards the whole stuff of legends clash the series had been buzzing about since the Pilot ep. This was not the case in S7.

It didn't help that Clark was nowhere near the level of his destiny where he could stand toe-to-toe with Lex Luthor and be credible as his arch-rival. BDA moments aplenty for CK in S7. Lana should not have been in the equation by then, but we all know that wasn't to be the case on SV eg. "Requiem"

End result: the Clark v. Lex clash limped into the "Arctic" ep. like a wet noodle. SV became another show S8-10, under new management but the seeds sown in S7 ultimately made their S10 final confrontation less than epic.

Comment

Originally posted by President_Luthor
                        The writing, definitely.

When they knew MR was leaving ... why have him on a meandering journey/obsession trying to uncover Kara's secrets? The focus should have been squarely on Lex putting together the final pieces of Clark's secrets and lies. This was the season he should have been building towards the whole stuff of legends clash the series had been buzzing about since the Pilot ep. This was not the case in S7.
                        Lex had left his Clark obsession behind by season 7. They had to get Lex to get back on that road and Kara was that way. Lex placed all his unresolved secret stuff with Clark onto her. This led back to Lex's conflict with Clark.

God bless you! God bless everyone!
                        Last edited by Dagenspear; 11-28-2015, 04:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dagenspear
                          Lex had left his Clark obsession behind by season 7. They had to get Lex to get back on that road and Kara was that way. Lex placed all his unresolved secret stuff with Clark onto her. This led back to Lex's conflict with Clar,

God bless you! God bless everyone!
                          Yeah Lex was pretty well written generally throughout all the seasons Rosenbaum was a regular. I think that stuff was just to give Kara something to do. Only thing that messed up the character was the later seasons and pathetic memory wipe imo. In the finale, Rosenbaum and his interaction with Clark just seemed off anyway.

I didn't like how Lex went from a perfectly believeable corrupt businessman making more and more dodgy descions into a complete clone, clown cartoon character.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎