Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Forum Regular

A Dark Side of Clark: What's Next?

Okay, so I have noticed that Tom Welling has had to play numerous, different personalities of Clark. So far, three of them have occurred:

1 ) Clark on Red Kryptonite = Rebellious and very hot.

2 ) Clark as Bizzaro = Scary and bizzare.

3 ) Clark as Kal-El: Awesome, we get to see flight!

4 ) ........ ? What's next?

I think Tom Welling does a stellar job wit the material that he is given. He can play a dark Clark...SO WELL!

In the events of Arctic, Clark fell to the ground, and it seems as if he is about to be controlled. IMO, it would be just really stupid if they dropped the controlling Clark/device storyline...like it never happened. There will 100 % be a continuation of that arc... and Clark will probably be controlled. If he is, do you think he will be good or bad? Or a combination of Red K Clark, Bizzaro, and Kal-El?

What do you think? So if Clark IS controlled, we will get to see a totally different personality to him... and probably the FOURTH Dark Clark. You excited? I know I am!
    Last edited by ClarkNLanaTogether4Eva; 06-07-2008 at 06:51 PM.

Posting Pro Superman of Krypton's Avatar
    How would they continue the controlling storyline when theres no one to control him? Lex will be gone.

He plays Red K Clark and Bizzaro too similiar.

Bizzaro should be a psychotic scary monster-type, I hated when he fell in love with Lana....yuck :/

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman of Krypton View Post
    How would they continue the controlling storyline when theres no one to control him? Lex will be gone.

Bizzaro should be a psychotic scary monster-type, I hated when he fell in love with Lana....yuck :/
    It doesn't necessarily have to be Lex that controls him. The device can fall into the wrong hands of someone else..like Tess or Davis.

All I am saying is that Clark did start to get controlled in the end of Arctic as he collapsed and couldn't get up on his own accord. It was apparent that he was in excruciating pain - thus the controlling process began.

Incurable Postaholic lilkoolmaria's Avatar
    Don't forget, he played a paranoid, freaked-out Clark in Splinter. Tom did a great job with that.

He did an outstanding job in Labyrinth, too

I liked "Combat" Clark too. Sure, he was the regular Clark and all, but his anger made him seem more agressive and he did an excellent job with that. He seemed more edgier than Kal and Kal-El (in edginess and seriousness).

I don't think there will be a continuition.The FOS was destroyed that means CK can't be controled anymore.

Well, I hear your enthusiasm in hoping for yet another version of a 'dark' Clark. I'm Not looking for that, but I Have been pondering what we should expect with the Veritas storyline. I've been reviewing the last 3 episodes of the season over the past few days. Like many other fans, I've been puzzled as to the Behavior of the FOS in past visits. It has always responded to questions cryptically, but it DID respond to visitors who were unwelcome and/or uninvited. A few times the response was SILENCE. It MUST mean something. (other than Terrence Stamp who voices the FOS being unavailable for a voice-over)

The FOS has been very precise in S7 in interpreting Clark's feelings, attitudes and 'Intentions', and taking action toward steering him in the direction more in accordance with Jor-El's plans for his Destiny, even exacting Punishment for his Disobedience.

In the episode "Apocalypse", the FOS 'fashioned' an AU, after 'Sensing' through the octagonal Disk what Clark's Intentions were, a world that showed Clark what it would be like and what could happen without him. It wanted to teach him and give him some much needed insight as to his importance. It was meant to be a "kick-start" in the right/desired direction. In the AU, just before Brainiac killed Clark, he spoke in Jor-El's voice, "You can not change the course of history, Kal-El." Then when Clark was returned to his 'true' world, Jor-El/FOS told him, "You disappoint me, my son. You can not question your destiny on this planet." Then Clark realized that it was the FOS who'd sent him to the AU. It then responded, "The disk in your hand revealed your misguided 'intentions'. I was forced to show you the error of your ways. I sent you to Earth for a purpose, Kal-El, one that can not be taken lightly." Clark asked him to give him another chance. It then responded, "You must stop the Brain Interactive Construct from altering history AND taking your life. You can not fail. This time, there will be no second chances. The FOS seems very aware most of the time of anything that's concerning Clark and his destiny. I'm watching that episode now and rewound it to write down those quotes to refresh your memories.

It seems that Jor-El/FOS is quite Determined to fulfill its Mission to guide Clark to his destiny. It doesn't matter what happened in "Quest". I think, just MHO, that when Lex activated the "Orb" and it pinpointed the FOS's location, the FOS became aware of it. In the S7 finale, "Arctic", when Lex arrives inside the FOS, the crystal Control Panel was already pulsing that pale purple color. The FOS did not greet Lex, but we know it knows who Lex is from the S6 episode "Zod". It told Martha Kent that Lex was Zod's 'vessel' and he had to be destroyed. It greeted the Phantom Bizarro and warned him that he wasn't welcome, then started dropping pieces of its ceiling to punctuate its warning. It also recognized the Blue crystal as something Zor-El had constructed and warned Clark against using it the moment Clark entered. I also believe that what we percieved as the FOS taking No Action to protect Clark to have actually been the Opposite.

As you can see, I've thought about this a lot. IMHO, there was a lot more going on than Lex believing he held a device that could control Clark. I know it seemed that Clark was in severe pain after that beam pierced his body, but it also caused the FOS to collapse. Lex, Clark and the FOS vanished and sunk into the frozen ground. There was no "To Be Continued..." before the ending credits. Maybe the Veritas "problem" was resolved by the FOS? From some S8 spoilers, and because TW/Clark is the star of the show, we know he survives. We don't know Really what state of mind he's in, but Lex is missing and presumed dead. However the means by which Clark escaped, he Must know where Lex is. It may be that the FOS is "Reprogramming Lex's mind" to forget all of his involvment with Veritas and his discoveries. Maybe even his memories of ever knowing Clark will be erased. He'll miraculously appear somewhere with no memory of his whereabouts over the past several months. Meanwhile, Clark will have FINALLY made the choice to take the necessary steps toward fulfilling his destiny and becoming Earth's protector, especially from Brainiac's plan of destruction. Also, I don't believe that the FOS is permanently destroyed. It CAN be raised again, IMO.

THAT'S MY 'THEORY'. Maybe this should've been a whole new thread. If anyone thinks so, just let me know.
    Last edited by Imzadia; 06-08-2008 at 01:50 AM. Reason: Additional comment

Thanks Imzadia for the detailed description of the Fortress in the cliffhanger of season 7, well done. I think the writers did an amazing job. It makes you think of what is going to happen to Clark and Lex and how they get out of this seemingly hopeless situation. Will they need to be rescued? What does happen to the orb? Will someone else besides Lex be able to find it and control Clark in the future? Will the fortress be rebuilt during the remaining episodes of Smallville? All we have is speculation and no clues yet. I hope the CW doesn't give it away before we see season 8 opening episode.

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Imzadia View Post
    Well, I hear your enthusiasm in hoping for yet another version of a 'dark' Clark. I'm Not looking for that, but I Have been pondering what we should expect with the Veritas storyline. I've been reviewing the last 3 episodes of the season over the past few days. Like many other fans, I've been puzzled as to the Behavior of the FOS in past visits. It has always responded to questions cryptically, but it DID respond to visitors who were unwelcome and/or uninvited. A few times the response was SILENCE. It MUST mean something. (other than Terrence Stamp who voices the FOS being unavailable for a voice-over)

The FOS has been very precise in S7 in interpreting Clark's feelings, attitudes and 'Intentions', and taking action toward steering him in the direction more in accordance with Jor-El's plans for his Destiny, even exacting Punishment for his Disobedience.

In the episode "Apocalypse", the FOS 'fashioned' an AU, after 'Sensing' through the octagonal Disk what Clark's Intentions were, a world that showed Clark what it would be like and what could happen without him. It wanted to teach him and give him some much needed insight as to his importance. It was meant to be a "kick-start" in the right/desired direction. In the AU, just before Brainiac killed Clark, he spoke in Jor-El's voice, "You can not change the course of history, Kal-El." Then when Clark was returned to his 'true' world, Jor-El/FOS told him, "You disappoint me, my son. You can not question your destiny on this planet." Then Clark realized that it was the FOS who'd sent him to the AU. It then responded, "The disk in your hand revealed your misguided 'intentions'. I was forced to show you the error of your ways. I sent you to Earth for a purpose, Kal-El, one that can not be taken lightly." Clark asked him to give him another chance. It then responded, "You must stop the Brain Interactive Construct from altering history AND taking your life. You can not fail. This time, there will be no second chances. The FOS seems very aware most of the time of anything that's concerning Clark and his destiny. I'm watching that episode now and rewound it to write down those quotes to refresh your memories.

It seems that Jor-El/FOS is quite Determined to fulfill its Mission to guide Clark to his destiny. It doesn't matter what happened in "Quest". I think, just MHO, that when Lex activated the "Orb" and it pinpointed the FOS's location, the FOS became aware of it. In the S7 finale, "Arctic", when Lex arrives inside the FOS, the crystal Control Panel was already pulsing that pale purple color. The FOS did not greet Lex, but we know it knows who Lex is from the S6 episode "Zod". It told Martha Kent that Lex was Zod's 'vessel' and he had to be destroyed. It greeted the Phantom Bizarro and warned him that he wasn't welcome, then started dropping pieces of its ceiling to punctuate its warning. It also recognized the Blue crystal as something Zor-El had constructed and warned Clark against using it the moment Clark entered. I also believe that what we percieved as the FOS taking No Action to protect Clark to have actually been the Opposite.

As you can see, I've thought about this a lot. IMHO, there was a lot more going on than Lex believing he held a device that could control Clark. I know it seemed that Clark was in severe pain after that beam pierced his body, but it also caused the FOS to collapse. Lex, Clark and the FOS vanished and sunk into the frozen ground. There was no "To Be Continued..." before the ending credits. Maybe the Veritas "problem" was resolved by the FOS? From some S8 spoilers, and because TW/Clark is the star of the show, we know he survives. We don't know Really what state of mind he's in, but Lex is missing and presumed dead. However the means by which Clark escaped, he Must know where Lex is. It may be that the FOS is "Reprogramming Lex's mind" to forget all of his involvment with Veritas and his discoveries. Maybe even his memories of ever knowing Clark will be erased. He'll miraculously appear somewhere with no memory of his whereabouts over the past several months. Meanwhile, Clark will have FINALLY made the choice to take the necessary steps toward fulfilling his destiny and becoming Earth's protector, especially from Brainiac's plan of destruction. Also, I don't believe that the FOS is permanently destroyed. It CAN be raised again, IMO.

THAT'S MY 'THEORY'. Maybe this should've been a whole new thread. If anyone thinks so, just let me know.
    Thanks so much for the fascinating explanation! You have some incredible thoughts there that might come to fruition afterall!

----- Added 5 Minutes later -----

Quote Originally Posted by SnowBird View Post
    Thanks Imzadia for the detailed description of the Fortress in the cliffhanger of season 7, well done. I think the writers did an amazing job. It makes you think of what is going to happen to Clark and Lex and how they get out of this seemingly hopeless situation. Will they need to be rescued? What does happen to the orb? Will someone else besides Lex be able to find it and control Clark in the future? Will the fortress be rebuilt during the remaining episodes of Smallville? All we have is speculation and no clues yet. I hope the CW doesn't give it away before we see season 8 opening episode.
    Thanks Snowbird as well for your thoughts, too! I love how you posed several different questions of what might have happened to the Fortress/Lex/Clark.

At first, I despised Arctic's finale, because I thought it was anti-climactic and not up to par with the past season's finales..but after I watched it a few more times, I realized it was a decent episode after all..because it made us theorize of what will happen and what could have happened.

I believe that the purple orb is still somewhere out there and that someone will find it. and toy with it.. making Clark go cuckoo, LOL. I find it crazy that this storyline will be dropped, especially after having Lex go through all the trouble of finding the device. So I don't think it will just disperse and go away. The orb/controlling s/l could be a mini sub-arc plot for S8..who knows. All I do know is that each season finale of Smallville continues with the major events of the past season finale.

Here's to hoping we get a 2 hour season premiere! That would be NICE..it's long overdue..especially since almost all other shows have had that concept before!
    Last edited by ClarkNLanaTogether4Eva; 06-08-2008 at 09:35 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by Imzadia View Post
    I love it!!

My only concern is that Lana is still going to be in about a third of the episodes in season 8. She better have been serious about letting Clark go so he can fulfill his destiny, because I don't think Clark will want to pursue his destiny and let her go. Then we will be forced to endure another season of the Clana instead of Clark moving foward.

I just rewatched the end of season 5 on dvd (it's all the library had available). At that point, Clark was moving toward his destiny, too, but was completely addicted to Lana. He broke up with her, yet became undone when she went running to Lex. It was so painful. I cannot bear to watch Clana anymore.

I pray the writers go in the direction you just described.

----- Added 2 Minutes later -----

Quote Originally Posted by ClarkNLanaTogether4Eva View Post
    Thanks I believe that the purple orb is still somewhere out there and that someone will find it. and toy with it.. making Clark go cuckoo, LOL.
    Maybe Tess has it and will use it to make Clark her "love interest."
    Last edited by stenochick; 06-08-2008 at 12:40 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

He also played Jor-El and could play Hank Henshaw (Cyborg Superman/Clark) if the show had the money for cybernetic special effects.

Quote Originally Posted by SnowBird View Post
    I hope the CW doesn't give it away before we see season 8 opening episode.
    Agree with this; yes, please, no outright spoilers.

I AM the villain. redkryptoniteisthebest's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Humdinger View Post
    Agree with this; yes, please, no outright spoilers.
    Agreed. They ruined "Arctic" just by the description.

But, on topic, idk if there will be another side of Clark besides Superman, which won't porlly happen til the Series Finale. But they could use other kryptonite in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Superman of Krypton View Post

I can't believe you are actually comparing them...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast