No announcement yet.

Martha preparing Clark's uniform...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Martha preparing Clark's uniform...

I was hoping the last scenes in Smallville will be a montage of these three scenes going back and forth:

(1) Clark and the others forming the Justice League (officially)
    (2) Martha sewing Clark's uniform out of the blanked that Lara and Jor-El wrapped him in
    (3) Lex Luthor being sworn in as President of the United States.

Whaddayathink?

#1 is ok but I think it's unnecessary. Most importantly, there's nothing official about superheroes. Chloe as Certified Public Attorney? I think not.
    #2 has to happen in one way or another and I have my own ideas about that.
    #3 is absolutely hilarious, but I think it poses its other problems. For one thing, Lex is supposedly dead as of season 8 The writers took Lana's faked death in the Season Sex Finale and just put ditto marks around it. Nobody buys it. I have some Ideas for how Lex somes back but his lofty ambitions are more toasted than he supposedly is.

Comment

1. I think Clark would be taking a more active role in the Justice League and be more of an influence for them(make a costume similar to Ollie red blue blur/Good Samaritian costume in "Identity", Ollie's Green Arrow Costume, Impulse, AC/Aquaman, Vic and Dinah/Black Canary with subtle changes like the house of el/Superman symbol, red shoes/ boots, yellow sunglasses and red gloves)
      2. I think it should either be Martha or the person who makes the Costumes for Ollie and the Justice League
      3. I think it would be better Lex controlling Luthorcorp/Lexcorp, explain his "death", and taking a active political role before he becomes the President
      Last edited by ironman29758; 05-15-2009, 08:55 PM.

Comment

Whoever said that it's Martha who'll make Clark's costume? Forget the mythos. Originally, Martha had nothing to do with the costume. The whole "Martha Kent makes Superman's costume" concept was a later creation. My own speculation for the cause of that concept is that some writer wanted to give Martha some connection with Clark becoming Superman. Because, let's face it, back then boys would spend time with their fathers, learning from them and nothing with their mothers. The mom character (in fiction) was simply someone who took care of them, while they were little (so, the father wouldn't have to) and then later faded into the background as the one who cooks and cleans the house. So, Martha was more of a B-character in Superman's origin. And then someone felt that she should have some importance, so she got the little part women were allowed to, back then; She was the one who made his clothes, nothing else. I just hope Smallville's writers and producers realize that we're in the 21st century now. Clark could do the costume himself (well, not likely) or he could contact whoever makes Oliver's and the others costumes.

PS: Has it ever been established that (Smallville's) Martha can actually use a needle and tread and make her own clothes?
        Last edited by jon-el87; 05-30-2009, 04:04 AM.

Comment

[QUOTE=jon-el87;4900728]Whoever said that it's Martha who'll make Clark's costume? Forget the mythos. Originally, Martha had nothing to do with the costume. The whole "Martha Kent makes Superman's costume" concept was a later creation. My own speculation for the cause of that concept is that some writer wanted to give Martha some connection with Clark becoming Superman. Because, let's face it, back then boys would spend time with their fathers, learning from them and nothing with their mothers. The mom character (in fiction) was simply someone who took care of them, while they were little (so, the father wouldn't have to) and then later faded into the background as the one who cooks and cleans the house. So, Martha was more of a B-character in Superman's origin. And then someone felt that she should have some importance, so she got the little part women were allowed to, back then; She was the one who made his clothes, nothing else. I just hope Smallville's writers and producers realize that we're in the 21st century now. Clark could do the costume himself (well, not likely) or he could contact whoever makes Oliver's and the others costumes.

PS: Has it ever been established that (Smallville's) Martha can actually use a needle and tread and make her own clothes?[/QUOTE]

I don't think Smallville's Martha Kent was exactly the traditional down on the farm wife and mother. I can't ever recall Martha "mending" any of Jonathan's clothes are "darning" some socks for Clark. I think Martha is more of a 20th or 21st century farmer's wife using a more modern technology to do her chores around the farm.

Comment

Working...
          X
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎