Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The Ending Approaches. Cl4rk_K3nt's Avatar
    Burned Out Luthor Mansion, dont tell lex!
    I think that the control was not literal control of Clark, but allow his destiny to be whatever the controller wanted to be, and by destroying the fortress, Clark would have no clue how about his true destiny.

It might have literally controlled Clark because when Lex held it up and Clark got close Clark acted the way he does around kryptonite

Quote Originally Posted by Ardiem3 View Post
    Jor-El shouldve tried to freeze Lex, therefore, making him unconcious, like he did to Chloe, so that the Fortress never wouldve had to be destroyed...
    I agree. Before Lex put the orb into the slot in the Fortress, he walked in there pretty slowly. Jor-El has been known to notice who comes into the Fortress (like when he noticed Bizarro in "Persona"), so he was given enough time to try to stop Lex from reaching the slot and inserting the orb before the Fortress was brought down.

Okay, I'm no expert about the different colors of Kryptonite so this is just a theory from a past episode. Green Kryptonite destroyed Clark's ship when it came into contact with a green Kryptonite key in season 2. The round purple device to control Clark was also effecting the Fortress. The brain of the Fortress that house the information crystals was also glowing purple so just the presence of the orb held by Lex was effecting the Fortress and controlling Jor-el so he couldn't help Clark. When Lex placed the controlling orb on a crystal it shot purple light through Clark making him helpless. Like the green Kryptonite destroying Clark's ship, the orb also destroyed the Fortress. I don't think Jor-El is destroyed as he is in the cave and the key and may help Clark in the future. I have no theory as to how Lex and Clark will get out of this so I'm looking forward as to what the writers come up with.

Yeah I have been woudering why Jor El didn't just send Lex away from the FOS like he did in the season 5 premire maybe send Lex back to his home.

Thats not the first time that Jor-El has sat back and done nothing while something was happening in the fortress. In Solitude, Jor-El also does absolutely nothing when Clark arrives with Brainiac. Even after the bad crystal is removed from the console, and the fortress is OK again. Heck, he didn't even bother to warn Clark about Brainiac earlier in the episode.

But I think this is all part and parcel of the fact that TPTB haven't really defined AI Jor-El, and what his motivations are, and what he's capable of doing. Its all ambigious. Sometimes he seems all powerful, something he seems all but powerless. He occasionally does good, positive things. A lot of times, he does some truly heinous things. Its hard for us to know what to expect from AI Jor-El since I'm not sure the writers have even defined him clearly enough to guess.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12