Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Why didnt Jor-El stop Lex...?

Why didnt Jor-El stop Lex before he could activate the device, in the way he tried to freeze Chloe whenever Clark was beginning to train...? If Lex had been frozen almost, he wouldve been made unconcious, Clark wouldve seen him laying there, and supersped him away from the FOS, while having the device, that way, the FOS never wouldve been destroyed, and Clark never wouldve been controlled...
    Last edited by Ardiem3; 05-19-2008 at 05:27 PM.

Banned
    Jor-El probably wants Clark to learn to fight his own fights.

Jor-El did stopped Lex by destroying the FOS.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie View Post
    But how will Clark train if theres no Fortress, and what I meant was, why didnt Jor-El stop Lex from even getting to the Fortress core to activate the device...?

Jor-el doesn't have any control over anyone except Clark. That was why the fortress could be used to control Clark, however, without it, Clark cannot be controlled. So Jor-el did the one thing to save Clark and that was to bring down the fortress.

Quote Originally Posted by All about Clark View Post
    Jor-el doesn't have any control over anyone except Clark. That was why the fortress could be used to control Clark, however, without it, Clark cannot be controlled. So Jor-el did the one thing to save Clark and that was to bring down the fortress.
    Why didnt Jor-El try and stop Lex by freezing him, like he tried to do with Chloe, like I was saying... Then, Lex unconcious by being nearly froze to death, Clark woul superspeed him away from the FOS, with the device, and the Fortress never wouldve been destroyed...

thats what i was thinking. im pretty sure the device would have done more thatn break the fortress.

Quote Originally Posted by Smalvil1 View Post
    thats what i was thinking. im pretty sure the device would have done more thatn break the fortress.
    Jor-El shouldve tried to freeze Lex, therefore, making him unconcious, like he did to Chloe, so that the Fortress never wouldve had to be destroyed...

New In Town
    why didn't clark stop him himself?
    Couldn't he have just shot fire from his eyes onto lex's hand from a distance when Lex was holding the pink kryptonite thing forcing him to drop it? Then clark could have quickly took and dissapeared.

Posting Pro
    Perhaps when Lex activated that orb, it altered the FOS and the control Jorel was able to exert. However, maybe there was a failsafe program than when the orb was activated incorrectly or by the wrong person, the FOS had a self destruct mechanism. Rather than allow control of Clark to get in the wrong hands, the FOS crumbled. Clark couldn't stop Lex himself because one: the orb kept Clark at bay; two: Clark maybe could have run away and escape the effects of the orb, but then Lex would still have the orb. Clark couldn't leave and let Lex keep the orb control device thing. He would have had to make a stand sooner or later as it was highly unlikely that Lex would just pack the orb away and forget about it. Clark chose to face Lex and the orb at that point on Clark's turf, I suspect, hoping to convince Lex not to use it. Clark had no idea what it would do or how the orb could control him. Neither did Lex, but he knew it would do something to Clark and Lex was more than willing to experiment with Clark's life. As All About Clark said, it appears that without the FOS, Clark can't be controled.

Totally Obsessed jimmyolsenblues's Avatar
    Why didnt Jor-El stop Lex...?
    I don't know , great question, I really hope they answer that next season's opener.

Quote Originally Posted by chriskent View Post
    why didn't clark stop him himself?
    Couldn't he have just shot fire from his eyes onto lex's hand from a distance when Lex was holding the pink kryptonite thing forcing him to drop it? Then clark could have quickly took and dissapeared.
    Because he had watched Lana's dear john video just hours before finding Lex at the FOS. I believe you guys call Lana's effect on Clark pink kryptonite. Jor El (and anything else for that matter) is no match for pink kryptonite.

I assume from Jor-El's trip to Earth in Relic, he knew about the yellow sun's effects on Kryptonians, but was unaware of the effects of Kryptonite since that was created as a result of the Krypton blowing up. So, I guess he felt the need to create something that would control Kal-El on Earth if need be. If Joe-El created it on Krypton, then I guess his AI in the FOS would not be able to override it.

I find it all very confusing and appreciate all of your explanations for what happened in the FOS in Arctic. I hope the writers are as good as you guys with the season 8 premiere.

By the way,it's Lex who destroyed it.I think there was an auto-destruction mecanism already installed in FOS in case someone would want to use the devise.Jor-El built the FOS very carefully so,none would stop his son from his destiny.In the premiere,Clark will find the last remaining crystal and the FOS will be rebuild all over again.The devise was created to test the faith of the Veritas's members,it wasn't made to be used for any purposes.You really think Jor-El would want anybody to control his only son? No way!!!
    Last edited by Sweetie; 05-31-2008 at 07:51 AM.

By the way,it's Lex who destroyed it.I think there was an auto-destruction mecanism already installed in FOS in case someone would want to use the devise.Jor-El built the FOS very carefully so,none would stop his son from his destiny.In the premiere,Clark will find the last remaining crystal and the FOS will be rebuild all over again.The devise was created to test the faith of the Veritas's members,it wasn't made to be used for any purposes.You really think Jor-El would want anybody to control his only son? No way!!!
    that really makes sense, thank you

I don't believe either that Jor-El would let a human get control over his son. That would be really nonsense, IMO.

Maybe you're right, and that orb thing was only a test concerning the integrity and trustworthiness of the veritas members?

Posting Pro
    If this is the case, then Lex surely failed the integrity test! What a surprise! I think this is a very plausible scenario. Makes those "words of endearment" in the FOS scene all the more hollow. I think Lex couldn't wait to either gain control of the Traveler (which is just what Kariac told Lex the orb would do) and if he couldn't control him, he was more than ready to destroy him. But, I agree. Jorel would not take the chance that a human as unscrupulous as Lex would get control of his son and by default his son's destiny. Jorel had way too big of a plan for Clark to allow a villain to screw it all up. Surely!?!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast