Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What exactly did Kara accomplish on Smallville?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ray Man
    Not quite true...she DID "destroy" Milton Fine on Krypton even though he used her to copy himself.
    I actually thought she was being controlled by Silver K in the 7 season final. I wonder how she got into the phanton zone.

Comment

Brainiac put her there. Remember, he told Clark that she was in a place worse than hell.

Comment

Kara helped Clark explore his Kryptonian roots even further. He would not have seen his mother or his uncle (even if he was evil) if it weren't for her. He finally felt his biological mother's love. Also, she helped Clark grow because he was like her older brother in a way. He helped her control her powers like heat ray vision and super hearing, so it actually made Clark look like a mentor for Kara on how to be....Super.

Comment

^ Don't forget that he also taught her that she also had to keep her powers a secret lol.

Comment

Kara accomplished so much on the show. IMO more than any other superhero character on the show. I wish they would have done more with her in season 8. That was the only let down, but that had to do so with writing not the character. Next to Clark, Lois, Lex, and Chloe she was one of the most important characters on the show. I think the biggest disappointment on the show would have been the Lana character-she attributed nothing except breaking Clark's heart over and over again, trying to make the world revolve around her-making stupid decision after stupid decision (falling in love with 4 vilians), and just plain being a nuisance.

Comment

Her time was a little pointless but I think if written well she should return.

Btw, Love your avatar Kal-el 90.

Comment

She didnt accomplish the only thing the character is never able to. Fit it. Even her goodbye speech says that. I don't fit in here. They should make Kara/Supergirl fit. She is Clark's cousin, the only family he has. She needs to fit in his life, help him. This is where she should be.

Comment

Nothing at all.

Comment

Originally posted by pizzahead2490
                    Nothing at all.

Well the mailroom boy had move the mail to Clark and Lois in the Planet, surely he could have a better role than that on the show too.

Supergirl had her bit, saved Lex, kill fines, let him copy her, go to the phantom zone to save Clark, told Clark more about his home planet. All she was doing was getting in the way, when Clark could have done the same thing. But last and not least, she made Clark look silly for not able to fly.

But does anyone have to accomplish anything at all? Or just trying to adjust and have a life for themselves?

Did she get to kiss Lex???

Comment

Kara was a failed character. The error in AlMiles thinking was "let's bring in Kal-El's cousin, the future Supergirl (and have her be the same age, as Clark), despite Clark not having become Superman yet". You see, Kara Zor-El is Supergirl, meaning she's taken his name and costume, she can't evolve beyond him. She's limited to what he's done and therefore stalled, because of it. They also abandoned the idea, of him mentoring her, teaching her to control her powers, after the third episode (and all Clark teached her to control was super hearing and heat vision. She showed up in full control of all other powers, even able to fly (so, who should really be mentoring who?)). So, they ended up with impossible character progression (she can't become Supergirl, before he's become Superman) and no real point to the character (Clark learning more about his Kryptonian origin (which they didn't do much with anyway), could've come from any number of sources, other then Kara).

A more wise choice, would've been to introduce Kara Zor-L (AKA Karen Starr AKA Power Girl). Because, there you get a free story arc with the character (she'd show up at the begining of the season, with amnesia and displaying Kryptonian powers. Be taken in by Clark (believing she's another Kryptonian survivor), trying to help her regain memories and then have her memory restored at the end of the season (realizing she's from the Krypton, in a now destroyed universe) and move to New York, in either the last episode of the season or in the begining of the next season), could throw in some interesting villains (Ultra-Humanite, Psycho-Pirate, Pyro, Hurricane, Hydra, the Force and Da Bomb) that Karen could go up against throughout the season and unlike Kara Zor-El, she wouldn't be as limited by Clark's development as she is. Because she's Power Girl, she's got her own identity, costume and so forth.

Comment

Eye candy

Comment

They said in some of the commentary that... bringing a teen Kryptonian on a teen Superman show was... it kind of led to a dead end. But I think they had a lot of elements that could have led to an interesting story.

Kara could have been a great constrast to Clark and all the conflict caused by that could have lead to some great climaxes in the story. She is brazen about her powers rather than wanting to hide them. She distrusts MM. Her father sent her here on a mission and she trusts Zor-el and wants to fulfill that mission. MM thinks Zor-el is evil. Add to that the whole Bizarro plot and Zor-el's return... that could have been some really good TV.

As it is yeah, she's eye candy and another good Kryptonian to help Clark form a connection to his alien origins.

Comment

Originally posted by Kal26
                            I think it's funny that they use her picture for all types of promotional stuff still, but they can't put her on the show for more than one episode. And when I say funny, I mean bullsh--!
                            I agree 100 percent.

Comment

Nothing she had so much potential but the writers has no idea how to use her they always wrote her off to finally getting rid of the character.

Comment

her time on sv season 7 was not used to its full potential, they shouldnt have done the MIA & amnesia thing. ALso her involvement with lex, she just became too vulnerable and useless. But one thing for sure though is she came into clark's love at a time when he had "noone"...he was grieving and he needed family. i think kara saved that purpose. With the kents gone, somebody needed to be there for clark. Seeing kara next season is still a major thrill coz she is a great character and should be utilised to the absolute maximum with quality writing

And yeah she also served as a mirror of what growing home in krypton would have been like, how her experience were different from clark, through her clark got to see his "people". She was like a little sister clark never had, she nagged him, put him in danger of being discovered, was too stubborn, always getting into trouble. With those responsibility bestowed on clark to "control" & protect her, he found family and an ally for life.

kara accomplished so much in one sitting for clark in that season, than most Dc characters on the show will ever do in a lifetime, jimmy, oliver, etc
                                Last edited by MarvelXY; 08-02-2010, 09:42 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎