Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What exactly did Kara accomplish on Smallville?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What exactly did Kara accomplish on Smallville?

Now that Kara's time on the show is done, what exactly did she accomplish?

She may have been the most unnecessarily pointless character addition so far (though I'm sure Tess and Bloomesday will top that).

Some say she was more 'Superman' than Clark, but what exactly did she accomplish besides marginalizing Clark and making him look worse?

I think she shouldnt have been introduced until this season... Picture it...MR is gone now, people would have been excitied to hear KK aka Supergirl was coming in!

She didnt do enough for me this season 2 be honest, she came, she went, came back, went again etc etc...They could have did alot more with her character!

Comment

i agree. she accomplished nothing. she was really gone majority of the time she was on the show. used for nothing but a plot device that was wasnt needed. she was supposed to be the main focus of the season but that didnt turn out the way as we focused on a dumb storyline like veritas

Comment

This season they should make Clark Fly...She give him some lessons, etc and this should give him the inatitive to start flying, it would be better for the season ahead in terms of episodes and scenes within episodes

Comment

What is the point introducing a character if not using it?She was pratiquelly ever there,just few episodes.That's all,you're done!!!It's really too bad that she won't return because she's the only person alive from Krypton who could help him understand his kryptonian origins much better.I guess it will be Chloe's job now

Comment

Chloe seems to do everything now a days lol...I feel she has been holding him back as much as U's all say Lana was

Comment

Kara was going to concentrate on teaching Clark to fly............I guess that idea got sidelined.

Comment

I'm sure that if Laura would've chosen to keep playing Kara that they'd have shown her coming back w/Kandor in her arms instead of the Orb thing in the Finale.

Comment

she was a good charecter because she made clark grow up and now he felt he had some one. Even though she left she will never be forgotten.

Comment

I think she brought a great deal of life the the show. I also think she was a great addition because she helped Clark get to know his kryptonian family better than he ever would have on his own. Without Kara he would have never know the love of his birth mother, or felt the warmth hidden inside Jor-El. She helped him connect with his roots, and gave him a companion that knew what it was like to be alone on a planet full of strangers. I think her presents was necessary, and I wish she was still there.

Originally posted by Ray Man
                    I'm sure that if Laura would've chosen to keep playing Kara that they'd have shown her coming back w/Kandor in her arms instead of the Orb thing in the Finale.
                    On her myspace page Laura said she found out that she wasn't going to be a regular on season 8 by reading the previews in tv guide. She wanted to come back, and they didn't even let her know that she wouldn't be coming.

She also said that she was supposed to be in the finale, but when they got picked up for season 9 they dumped the part of the episode that she was going to apear in.

I think it's funny that they use her picture for all types of promotional stuff still, but they can't put her on the show for more than one episode. And when I say funny, I mean bullsh--!
                    Last edited by Kal26; 06-15-2009, 10:10 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

I think she was mainly brought in for Clark to explore his Kryptonian heritage.

Comment

She was there to show Clark that besides Bizzy and Fine, most Kryptonians aren't evil.

Comment

She did'nt beat up a single guy on the show. Thought she would be up Finly but she did'nt. Her big cousin had to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by kp1984
                            She did'nt beat up a single guy on the show. Thought she would be up Finly but she did'nt. Her big cousin had to do it.
                            Yeah, Couldn't they have thrown Reactron into an episode or something? They could have done that instead of that stupid beauty pagent episode. Have Reactron show up, almost killing Clark, but is stopped last second by Kara. Forshadowing him becoming a Supergirl enemy. They could also have placed in appearances/mentioned characters like Dick Malverne, Phil Decker, Joan Raymond and Johnny Ostrander (Supergirl supporting characters in the early 80's) into the season, it would have totally changed (read improved) the entire Kara arc.
                            Last edited by jon-el87; 01-16-2010, 02:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by kp1984
                              Not quite true...she DID "destroy" Milton Fine on Krypton even though he used her to copy himself.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎