Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was Lana really the one holding Clark back?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was Lana really the one holding Clark back?

Lana told Clark that she was the one holding him back but I don't believe that at all.

Clark could've went for his destiny so many times but never did. He had basically all of season 6 to become Superman but he didn't.

Clark was the one holding himself back...not Lana.

That's just my two cents. Anyone else agree?

To some extent, she has been holding him back. Then again, everyone that Clark is affiliated with has held him back in one way or another.

I understand why she would say that because she probably saw how much time Clark devoted to making her feel better when she was comatose despite the fact that Clark could be doing other things which could further his development. Or she realized how much out of his way that he went when he tried to make their relationship work in "Wrath" only to find out that it'd crumble that same week.

So basically, I believe that when Lana said that she was holding Clark back, she said it from a Season 7 perspective.

Comment

Strictly speaking, Clark was the one holding himself back. It's not like anyone was holding green K to his head But this Clark cares so much about the people in his life that he limits himself. Lana picked up on that.

Comment

Clark held Clark back. Lana was only his excuse.

Comment

Piss poor writing and the greed of the network held Clark back. Lana was just the tool they used to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by RepairmanBob
            Piss poor writing and the greed of the network held Clark back. Lana was just the tool they used to do it.
            That's the real world answer.

Clark is the only one holding himself back. He's pathologically incapable of NOT using the women in his life as crutches and excuses. It doesn't matter whether it's Lana, or chloe, hell one day it'll be Lois' turn to carry him through the world, thankfully we won't get to see thatfar ahead

Comment

if you were to ask me I would say both clark and lana have held clark back,
              lana didnt mean to, but with love, things get complicated

Comment

I think both Lana and Clark are suffering from low self esteem. Both of them are always blaming themselves for the world's problems. Everyone in the world has a right to be happy including Lana and Clark. They should not sacrifice everything for the sake of other people.
                Last edited by colonyofcells; 05-15-2008, 08:50 AM.

Comment

Clark still won't become Superman in season 8 either or any season after that. Smallville Clark will never be superman.

Comment

Originally posted by colonyofcells
                    I think both Lana and Clark are suffering from low self esteem. Both of them are always blaming themselves for the world's problems. Everyone in the world has a right to be happy including Lana and Clark. They should not sacrifice everything for the sake of other people.
                    That's why they're so meant to be.

Comment

Lana and Clark should take care of themselves first so they can also take care of other people. I don't understand why they need to sacrifice their love for the sake of other people. Lana is always portrayed as in the habit of sacrificing this and that. It does seem that both Lana and Clark suffer from weird messiah complexes and they are always dumping each other for that same reason.

Comment

Both are holding themselve back because of the other.Why did she come back in Smallville?She had money,she could have gone everywhere in the world.She could have started a new life somewhere else.Was it just a coincidence when Clark thought she was dead,he was ready to accept his destiny but,the minute she was back,he stopped everything and decided to stay with her in the farm forever?

I wish they would grow up and realise that their relation would work better if they stay friends.
                        Last edited by Sweetie; 05-15-2008, 03:12 PM.

Comment

I see nothing wrong with Clark being on the farm. I am not sure why staying on the farm means no progress. We do need farms for our food. Clark can be a great super hero even if his line of work is farming. There seems to be rampant discrimination against the noble and essential work of farming.

Clark is also a great hero even when Lana is around. Being a great hero is definitely compatible wtih true love. All of these various loves strengthen each other rather than hinder.

Comment

^^
                            But,we know that CK is not supposed to stay on the farm.He's going to become a reporter and will become a hero that people will look up to.So,moping around on a farm and worry about Lana is not my idea of a great destiny.

Comment

Originally posted by colonyofcells
                              I see nothing wrong with Clark being on the farm. I am not sure why staying on the farm means no progress. We do need farms for our food. Clark can be a great super hero even if his line of work is farming. There seems to be rampant discrimination against the noble and essential work of farming.

Clark is also a great hero even when Lana is around. Being a great hero is definitely compatible wtih true love. All of these various loves strengthen each other rather than hinder.
                              I agree with this, Clark doesn't have to be at the Daily Planet to be Superman, he can be Superman and still be a farmer.

Actually, that's better of a disguise then being a popular reporter at one of the biggest newspapers.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎