Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by curiosity
    No it shouldn't have. I want to see season 8, can't wait. The final ratings will probably be higher.
    Oh really?! The ratings may actually jump from 3.7 million to a whopping 5 million?! wow!!

I'm sorry but for the mere fact that people seem to keep overlooking the fact that anything below 5 million is awful for any national network show proves that they're just as much in denial as the CW execs who are draining the life out of a great show that was never meant to be strung along like this.

Smallville is about the journey; true. But shouldn't the show have been modified to end once Clark accepted Jor-El as his father and the fact that there are other people with way less resources fighting crime?! These last 3 years were mostly entertaining but pointless and in the end, I think any veteran TV viewer knew something like this was going to happen. (in regards to actors wanting out or wanting more money)

Seriously, this ratings trend is a downward average for 3 seasons straight. The overall season's rating percentage has dropped significantly! Don't we want our show to end rather than die?!

Comment

Disappointing.

Comment

Final is 3.85 million, according to Sitcoms Online.

I'm disappointed. I have no idea why it dropped from last week. Maybe the finales of MNIE and AYSTAFG hurt.

The good news is that it had a 1.7 rating in the 18-49 y/o demo. That was enough to tie with big bad boss CBS and it was the highest rating in that demo since "Siren," same with the 25-54 y/o demo rating: 1.8.

Comment

Well at least we got higher, but I'm disappointed.

Comment

Why watch it? Most everything about the episode was revealed before it even aired. Too many spoilers and too mouthy a CW description.

Comment

Originally posted by ClarkyBoy14
              Final is 3.85 million, according to Sitcoms Online.

I'm disappointed. I have no idea why it dropped from last week.
              Maybe it has something to do with NO PARENTAL warnings and that they cut opened someone inside of a church! Seriously did they think that was somehow okay?

Comment

Originally posted by Dor el
                Why watch it? Most everything about the episode was revealed before it even aired. Too many spoilers and too mouthy a CW description.
                I agree, too much spoiled.

Comment

I said a few weeks ago this show for the last two years haven't been all that great and the ratings show it. It is soo sad that this show couldn't draw atleast 4mil! Next year won't get any better.

Comment

Originally posted by Mackdaddy
                    I said a few weeks ago this show for the last two years haven't been all that great and the ratings show it. It is soo sad that this show couldn't draw atleast 4mil! Next year won't get any better.
                    Last season (and the season before that, and probably the season before that) had similar drops, and it bounced back to over 5 million at the beginning of this season. I see no reason why the same won't happen next season.

----- Added 4 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by INSTAGATR
                    Maybe it has something to do with NO PARENTAL warnings and that they cut opened someone inside of a church! Seriously did they think that was somehow okay?
                    That scene occured around the middle of the episode, and "Quest" GAINED viewers in the second half-hour. I don't think too many people were offended.
                    Last edited by ClarkyBoy14; 05-17-2008, 02:29 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

That scene occured around the middle of the episode, and "Quest" GAINED viewers in the second half-hour. I don't think too many people were offended.
                      Maybe not, but it looks like some of them decided not to other coming back this week.
                      I agree. Every major plot twist was revealed by the CW:

- Kara is really Brainiac
                      - Brainiac helps Lex get to the FoS
                      - Chloe is arrested
                      - Lois is investigating Lex
                      - Final Clex confrontation

Not a lot of reason to tune in if you checked TV guide.

Comment

The finale wasn't that good and for MR/ Lex's character to not go out in a really big way that some what brings closure to his character is unsettling.

Comment

Originally posted by RepairmanBob
                          Maybe not, but it looks like some of them decided not to other coming back this week.
                          Finales from other shows is more likely.

I agree. Every major plot twist was revealed by the CW:

- Kara is really Brainiac
                          - Brainiac helps Lex get to the FoS
                          - Chloe is arrested
                          - Lois is investigating Lex
                          - Final Clex confrontation

Not a lot of reason to tune in if you checked TV guide.
                          That's true. I think the only surprise was Jimmy proposing to Chloe.

Originally posted by clana4everfan2
                          The finale wasn't that good and for MR/ Lex's character to not go out in a really big way that some what brings closure to his character is unsettling.
                          Lex finding out Clark's secret, going to the FOS, and trying to take down the "Traveler" was a pretty big way to go out. But I agree that he didn't get any real closure.
                          Last edited by ClarkyBoy14; 05-17-2008, 06:16 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by ClarkyBoy14

But I agree that he didn't get any real closure.
                            Yes, but wasn't the episode pretty much done by the time MR officially declined to be in season 8 zero times? I suspect the writers felt sure he would come back at least a few times. Weren't there rumors that he might return for a few episodes? So, in a way Lex's lack of a proper send of was in the hands of MR. His other interests were more important to him than the character of Lex. Not a criticsm, just a thought. I completely understand the concept of "moving on".

Comment

Originally posted by AlwaysRight
                              ouch, considering there was no Survivor yesterday you would expect the series final should have broke 4M easily(although i am guessing the final ratings should see a nice bump). I was expecting closer to 4.5M

Well, maybe if they promoted it better,and Hyped it with an ACTUAL FIGHT SCENE (have the orb give Lex super strength) instead of the girly little chit chat they had in the fortress, maybe it would've gotten better ratings. The creators dropped the ball.

Comment

Yeah, there not that many action fights that last longer than three minutes in Smallville.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎