Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alter Sacrifice = EXTREMELY weird

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will agree a bit creepy... and ET became a fanatic.

Comment

Originally posted by Thrill_Seeker
      If you havent realise, that is what DEMONIC people do, like OMGSH sacrificing people alive, IN A CHURCH ????
      trust me, I am not one of those smallville haters, I have been defending smallville forever, whether it be here on the forums or at school or at home, but that scene was just DISCUSTING, I've never disagreed with smallville so strongly before, not ONCE in my life.

Its got nothing to do with caring about the bible and religion (btw, careful what you say, you could've offended someone) its the fact that, that is an evil ritual, Its a sacrifice being performed on clark while he is alive, IN A CHURCH !!!!!
      you dont have to be religious to think that that is FREAKY !!!!!!!!!

think how someone of pure evil would commit an evil act or something ????
      I think they would even save what ET did to clark for SPECIAL OCCASIONS !!!!!!!!

Yeah I know about the Religious theme here, so I tryied to say it nicely.

Oh and I agree with you, IT WAS weird and creepy, But what I disagree you with was that you Blame Ken Biller as the Whole responsible of it, AND you didn't want him to direct any episode just because some poeple find a particular scene Disturbing? That is just overreacting a lot.

Overall I agree that it was a lil Weird BUT it didn't offended me

OK I will shut myself now. Peace.

Comment

Eh . . people get offended too easily. I personally could have done with more blood. . and possibly a reference to the psycho music. That would have been swell.

Comment

Superman is NOT a god, and the writers are stupid for making people think so.
          The writers were just trying to tap into the christ-figure allusions that have always been made about Superman.

When they had him run in to save ET, they showed Clark right next to the picture of Jesus...their intentions were to just hit us over the head numerous times with the same hammer that Superman Returns and the other Superman movies did.

Sorry, but I really don't believe you can try to blame Smallville for being the ones to give him that "divine" image.
          -------------

But the fact that ET knew about some Kryptonian ritual? Yeah, I agree, that was very poor writing.

Especially since the guy just happened to have a sacraficial alter prepared and some molten kryptonite lying around...
          Last edited by morethanmeetstheye; 06-22-2008, 09:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by clana4everfan2
            I will agree a bit creepy... and ET became a fanatic.
            I agree .... the whole ritual thing was so unnecessary .... what a lack of creativity ...

Comment

Actually I feel like it would have been interesting if I liked the character of Edward Teague...but for some reason, I feel like he just snapped too quickly. One moment, he's the protector for the Traveler, and just because Clark doesn't want to kill Lex, he whips out the kryptonite. The altar stuff defintiely reminded me of the Summerholt stuff from "Memoria" and even what that Agent did to Kara in "Lara", so I felt like the whole being strapped down thing had been done. But still, it must have seemed like an original idea, only I felt like it was all such an extreme for Teague's character to take. Either way, it was cool seeing Clark heal and Chloe save him...so at least that was a cool part of the whole ritual thing..

Comment

I felt like this episode was trying to be an episode of Supernatural with all the violence and dark occult crap just like Thirst was trying to be an episode of Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

Comment

If you're offended by the implications of or relating to Clark as a God of sorts (Clark=Jesus, Jor-El=God and Lex=Satan), then I guess you have to also be offended by George Lucas's Star Wars (Luke=Jesus, Obiwan or Yoda=God, Vader=Satan)....or any number of comic book and mythological characters written throughout history.

Where exactly do you think all those stories about Good vs Evil originated? What was the inspiration behind them all? Who gave writers the creativity to apply the same type of moral lessons written about in the bible to fictional characters so they're sometimes made more clear for children spanning generations?

What is wrong in the modern telling of countless stories like this?

And speaking of referring to Clark as a God or Savior on Earth, no one's done it more than Chloe Sullivan herself since she found out that he was a super-powered alien from Krypton rather than simply meteor-infected. I don't get why it's suddenly an issue with ET suggesting the same thing save the fact that he became far too over-zealous and fanatical about it. And what does Clark do? He tells them ALL that he's not worthy of the title or comparison...nor does he want that kind of responsibility. Yet, ironically, with the destiny he'll come to fulfill and how he's looked up to by all of mankind, that very responsibility is inevitably placed on him.

As far as doing the ritualistic sacrifice-type scene in a church, it's not the first time that a motion picture or television series did something precisely like that. Think of the movie The Omen. Was it demonic or representing something Satanic? Well yeah, it wasn't meant to be representing anything good or righteous. Even on SV Season 6 Lex killed a man in a church right below the altar and then hid his dead body in a crypt, thus another foretelling of Lex's innate sense of evil (Satanic) while a lot of Lex fans were defending him with the excuse that the doctor's death was an accident. Does anyone really believe that Lex was going to allow that man to walk out of there alive and destroy all of his plans as well as the tracks he'd covered while making them? Heck no. Because that's not who Lex Luthor is...nor was intended to ultimately be portrayed as.

Good vs Evil. Moral of the story. Edward Teague simply wasn't representing the right side...and when it came down to it, neither were his wife or son. You see how they all wound up? Moral lesson complete. And not totally unlike many of those written about in the good book.
                  Last edited by SpeedDemon77; 07-02-2008, 06:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chloe_is_my_Hero
                    Smallville = Weird
                    Helloooo, do you remember what Chloe said?

"This is Smallville - land of the weird and home of the strange."

I don't think it was creepy or not worthing having in the episode. It was a Kryptonian ritual - he was trying to make him be a man.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎