No announcement yet.

Alter Sacrifice = EXTREMELY weird

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dru-zod2501
    ^^cause he wasnt trying to kill him, it was a ritual to try and make a man out of him
    No, as Dor el explains it, he obviously wanted to kill him, because he left him on that altar WITH kryptonite surrounding him and if it wasn't for Chloe, Clark would have died there, IMO.

Originally posted by Dor el
    But Kara in the trailer or sprint clip told ET on the plan that she knew that he (ET) tried to kill the Traveler. ET told Lex in the church that he didn't need to be concerned about the Traveler any more. So, I think ET was trying to perform a ritual sacrifice/killing. ET had to know that leaving Clark near Kryptonite for a prolonged period would be fatal. Who knows, maybe by piercing his skin, ET would render Clark more susceptible to the effects of Kryptonite.
    Totally right, I agree 100% as saiy above

Originally posted by Dor el
    Maybe Mr Swann got his information form Zorel during one of his visits to scope out earth. Maybe Swann didn't know Zorel was a bad guy; or maybe he did. Maybe the message in Clark's ship that said "rule them with strength" was from Zorel, and Swann knew about it and based his secret society on the meaning of that message. But, you're right. ET knew way too much about the Kryptonian society to have gotten it all from that one message that Swann said he intercepted. Could the plot be thickening?
    Sounds logical to me.

Comment

I was more bothered by the writing of Holly Harold then the directing. And there were too many God references, especially being that Jor-el was careful to tell Clark they were not Gods. Teague's choices were strange but I wasn't bothered as much by the cultic direction the episode took, I guess I'm more lenient because it is Sci-fi after all.

And I have to admit I loved the Chlark at the alter, she was horrified what was done to Clark and he seemed embarrassed.
      Last edited by All about Clark; 05-13-2008, 09:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chloe_is_my_Hero
        Smallville = Weird
        I second that.

Comment

Originally posted by Thrill_Seeker
          okay after re-watching that episode and seeing the part where ET stabs clark and does all that creepy stuff, I though that it was a little bit demonic. he had clark on an sacrifice table and it was REALLY creepy,
          and after he did it on clark, he lifted the knife up and like lifted his head and it looked as if he was worshipping something,
          was it just me, or did other people think that this was VERY creepy. Now that I think about it, it kinda ruins the episode a little bit for me.

I was watching it with my family and the pointed out how creepy and ritual-ish evil it was,
          thoughts ???
          Ya it was creepy. He is a monk in a church, yet he worships Clark? That was beyond weird and yes, very creepy!

Comment

Et wasn't a real monk was he? Wasn't he just hiding out from Lionel? In any event, I think ET was mentally warped and he was misguided by someone other than Jorel.

Comment

Originally posted by Jesstheveg
              ET had this idea in his head about who Clark was, what he should stand for.
              Sounds a lot like the Clark bashing in this forum. We have definite ideas about who Clark should be and where he should be in his progression to herodom. Anyone else think the character of ET may be another jab at the fandom like Action?

Comment

I hope we never get an episode like this again,
                it was SUCH a bad mistake,
                and funny enough I didnt recognize all of these things until I watched it a 2nd time through, cos I was so into it, but didnt realise how absolutle discusting it was !!!

Comment

wow, i must have a really thick skin cause none of offensiveness was taken by me at all. I thought that the ritual ET was doing was going to turn clark into "kal-el" again. The symbol that ET cut into clarks chest was the same Jor-el put there right before clark put on the red K ring and left for metropolis. In mortal when jor-el told him his mortal journey was at an end it seems now, looking back, that part of that was jor-el telling clark he FAILED his "rite of passage" the first time and at some point would be tested again. When i saw the symbol carved into his chest thats immediately what i thought may happen. Though i was wrong i still think there is going to be some closure on that whole thing, atleast i hope there is, cause if i am remembering correctly isn't ET still alive? I would think he would still have some role to play, leaving him in that church would be kinda lame.

Comment

Originally posted by karmick
                    As a matter of fact, in Canada a Viewers Discretion Warning was posted for this episode after every commercial break, which, as far as I know, does not happen for Smallville.

The whole sacrifice-altar-ritual definitely not for the faint of heart...
                    I'm from the U.S.A. and I didn't see any viewers discretion warnings during the commercials for "Quest"

Comment

yes, to be honest it slightly offended and disturbed me,
                      that was more than weird,
                      he was sacrificing him in a church and cutting him friggin open alive.
                      that scene just ruined an AWESOME episode for me. I was very pissed off about it.
                      like thats what demonic people do. I know that wasnt what it was supposed to be like, but it definetly came across that way,
                      they should of done it outside/not in the church and there was NO reason for ET to cut clark like that so disturbingly, they could of just have him knock him out with kryptonite,
                      I mean wth were the writers/directors thinking when they made that scene,
                      quest would of been an all time favourite if it wasnt for that scene, because unfortunately every time I think about that episode, that scene pops into my mind because it was SOO full on.

----- Added 8 Minutes later -----

It was ABSOLUTELY WRONG, to have all those mentions of clark being a god. With Et bowing at him whilst meeting him and after the ritual, then his constant mentions of how clark is a god among us, and he is a god, this and that.
                      Clark Kent/Superman should NEVER be assumed as a god, I love smallville with every little bit of my heart, but that was a butcher to the superman legacy, im sad to say.

i always liked the fact that jor-el had said many times, your powers may seem extraordinary (to clark), among earth, but you are not a God.
                      I HATED the fact that ET kept referring clark as a god, and when he said "jor-el knew the consequences of placing a god on earth", that just ticked wayyy off.
                      I have like NEVER been angry with smallville, like how I am angry at it now, not in my 7 years of watching it,
                      even the Isobel storyline wasnt as horrid as this.
                      Im very dissapointed. Superman is NOT a god, and the writers are stupid for making people think so. I hope they have some resolve to that, maybe in arctic ET will admit, he was wrong to act as if clark was a god, or something.

HORRIFIC directing by ken biller, sorry buddy, you blew it, the rest of the episode was wicked, but like everything I just said before just really ruined it

----- Added 11 Minutes later -----

SOO TRUE,
                      I loved it wheh they had symbolism, but this was taking it to far,
                      once again, ken biller should NEVER sit in the director seat again,
                      this episode was slightly offensive in ways

Oh Boy, just because YOU got ofended by the way the episode was Directed/written it doesn't make it a Bad episode. I think you are overreacting in saying that Ken Biller should not direct an episode anymore. that's just harsh and a little to much.

For poeple like me, Who doesn't give a crap about religious things and bible characters this episode was Grrreat. Besides Superman has been compared to God or a Guardian Angel in the comics, BUT it is Compare to God/Guardian Angel BY MEN, that doesn't mean that it's his fault. He later try to explain that he's just one guy with Superpowers but that doesn't stop people from the world to think him as a God-ish-Angel-ish being.

This episode to me wasn't offensive at all in any way
                      Thumbs up!
                      Last edited by Aldo; 05-12-2008, 11:57 PM.

Comment

I wasn't offended either. I just kind of figured that Edward Teague had a psychotic break somewhere between all the Veritas members dying one by one, and his son and wife dying. His undying devotion and worship to Clark was not something Veritas seemed to be about at all, so I think things got twisted in his mind.

Comment

how creepy and ritual-ish evil it was
                          I agree, the stomach craving was unneccesary, if lex doesn't know that clark is the traveler and clark won't accept his destiny, then I am just......put out...(can't express my true feelings without using special characters as follows.....) !#@$%^@#$%&%^@$%^

Comment

Originally posted by Aldo
                            Oh Boy, just because YOU got ofended by the way the episode was Directed/written it doesn't make it a Bad episode. I think you are overreacting in saying that Ken Biller should not direct an episode anymore. that's just harsh and a little to much.

For poeple like me, Who doesn't give a crap about religious things and bible characters this episode was Grrreat. Besides Superman has been compared to God or a Guardian Angel in the comics, BUT it is Compare to God/Guardian Angel BY MEN, that doesn't mean that it's his fault. He later try to explain that he's just one guy with Superpowers but that doesn't stop people from the world to think him as a God-ish-Angel-ish being.

This episode to me wasn't offensive at all in any way
                            Thumbs up!
                            If you havent realise, that is what DEMONIC people do, like OMGSH sacrificing people alive, IN A CHURCH ????
                            trust me, I am not one of those smallville haters, I have been defending smallville forever, whether it be here on the forums or at school or at home, but that scene was just DISCUSTING, I've never disagreed with smallville so strongly before, not ONCE in my life.

Its got nothing to do with caring about the bible and religion (btw, careful what you say, you could've offended someone) its the fact that, that is an evil ritual, Its a sacrifice being performed on clark while he is alive, IN A CHURCH !!!!!
                            you dont have to be religious to think that that is FREAKY !!!!!!!!!

think how someone of pure evil would commit an evil act or something ????
                            I think they would even save what ET did to clark for SPECIAL OCCASIONS !!!!!!!!
                            Last edited by Thrill_Seeker; 05-13-2008, 05:43 AM.

Comment

I care about "religious things".

But I believe you are right when you say Superman was originally compared to Jesus Christ is some ways. Clearly, I am not saying that I believe Superman is akin to Jesus, but those comparisons have been made.

Plus, I agree that one the chest carving was anything but a symbol of good. Two, to conduct what is tantamount to demonic practices in a church is really an mockery, in my opinion, to those of us who take our faith and religious beliefs seriously and solemnly. And three, carving on Clark's wonderful chest is just plain wrong. No need to do something that, it seems, has been very polarizing. I would think that producers would want to attract, not alienate, as many viewers as possible. I felt I had to censor this epi for my 13 year daughter. It's a shame, we used to watch SV together.

Comment

If you havent realise, that is what DEMONIC people do, like OMGSH sacrificing people alive, IN A CHURCH ????
                                trust me, I am not one of those smallville haters, I have been defending smallville forever, whether it be here on the forums or at school or at home, but that scene was just DISCUSTING, I've never disagreed with smallville so strongly before, not ONCE in my life.

Its got nothing to do with caring about the bible and religion (btw, careful what you say, you could've offended someone) its the fact that, that is an evil ritual, Its a sacrifice being performed on clark while he is alive, IN A CHURCH !!!!!
                                you dont have to be religious to think that that is FREAKY !!!!!!!!!

think how someone of pure evil would commit an evil act or something ????
                                I think they would even save what ET did to clark for SPECIAL OCCASIONS !!!!!!!!
                                I AGREE 100%!
                                This episode was DEMONIC and SATANIC.
                                They did that stuff inside of a CHURCH??? Is what I thought too.
                                I thought it was DISGUSTING as well.
                                Way too graphic.
                                Way too satanic.

Suggesting Clark is a God is WRONG on so many levels.
                                This whole episode SUCKED!

Whoever was in charge of this episode really F*#&D it UP BAD!
                                You SUCK!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎