No announcement yet.

Alter Sacrifice = EXTREMELY weird

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alter Sacrifice = EXTREMELY weird

okay after re-watching that episode and seeing the part where ET stabs clark and does all that creepy stuff, I though that it was a little bit demonic. he had clark on an sacrifice table and it was REALLY creepy,
    and after he did it on clark, he lifted the knife up and like lifted his head and it looked as if he was worshipping something,
    was it just me, or did other people think that this was VERY creepy. Now that I think about it, it kinda ruins the episode a little bit for me.

I was watching it with my family and the pointed out how creepy and ritual-ish evil it was,
    thoughts ???

As a matter of fact, in Canada a Viewers Discretion Warning was posted for this episode after every commercial break, which, as far as I know, does not happen for Smallville.

The whole sacrifice-altar-ritual definitely not for the faint of heart...

Comment

I didn't see the necessity or significance of that sacrificial ritual either. If ET wanted to kill Clark, then why not give him a dose of IV push Kryptonite? Sometimes they do things on this show which do not enhance the epi (Think Hypnotic.)

Comment

^^cause he wasnt trying to kill him, it was a ritual to try and make a man out of him

Comment

^^^Yes I agree.

Comment

Yeah it was really odd. ET could've done something far more dangerous to Clark. But, as weird as it was, it sorda made the epi a little more exciting.

Comment

Smallville = Weird

Comment

So is it just me, or are the writers asking us to assume A LOT about how much the Veritas group knew? I thought it was personally ridiculous how he was all like, "This is an ancient Kryptonian ritual for...(killing Kryptonians??)" It was just a little outlandish to me that they would know THAT MUCH. Like how did Swann get that kind of information? I dunno. I guess it's believeable, but weird. AND YES the ritual was really weird/cultish.

Comment

I found the whole damn thing creepy. It was religious in its right, worshiping Clark as a god amongst men. What I found so creepy about it was that I could actually understand how it came to that. How people could possibly react to a being like Clark here on Earth. A savior. Basically extremism, getting fanatical over an idea rather than an actual being or entity. ET had this idea in his head about who Clark was, what he should stand for. And in his head, he was doing what he thought would protect himself and others. Definitely creepy. I didn't find it pointless at all though. Like someone else said, I think it made it exciting. It was a little different than what we usually see on the show, but that's what kinda made it nice.

Comment

Originally posted by dru-zod2501
                    ^^cause he wasnt trying to kill him, it was a ritual to try and make a man out of him

Spot on. Worked too.

And I for one was not so much creeped out at the whole ritual scene so much as Woah...Kooool! Twisted, sure, but wicked kool. IMHO, it rocked.

Comment

But Kara in the trailer or sprint clip told ET on the plan that she knew that he (ET) tried to kill the Traveler. ET told Lex in the church that he didn't need to be concerned about the Traveler any more. So, I think ET was trying to perform a ritual sacrifice/killing. ET had to know that leaving Clark near Kryptonite for a prolonged period would be fatal. Who knows, maybe by piercing his skin, ET would render Clark more susceptible to the effects of Kryptonite.

----- Added 3 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by christian_kryptonian
                      So is it just me, or are the writers asking us to assume A LOT about how much the Veritas group knew? I thought it was personally ridiculous how he was all like, "This is an ancient Kryptonian ritual for...(killing Kryptonians??)" It was just a little outlandish to me that they would know THAT MUCH. Like how did Swann get that kind of information? I dunno. I guess it's believeable, but weird. AND YES the ritual was really weird/cultish.
                      Maybe Mr Swann got his information form Zorel during one of his visits to scope out earth. Maybe Swann didn't know Zorel was a bad guy; or maybe he did. Maybe the message in Clark's ship that said "rule them with strength" was from Zorel, and Swann knew about it and based his secret society on the meaning of that message. But, you're right. ET knew way too much about the Kryptonian society to have gotten it all from that one message that Swann said he intercepted. Could the plot be thickening?
                      Last edited by Dor el; 05-12-2008, 04:52 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

It offended me actually. There was too much of a push of Clark=God. It's one thing to play up on the symbolism, it's quite another to show a man worshiping him. Gross.

Comment

yes, to be honest it slightly offended and disturbed me,
                          that was more than weird,
                          he was sacrificing him in a church and cutting him friggin open alive.
                          that scene just ruined an AWESOME episode for me. I was very pissed off about it.
                          like thats what demonic people do. I know that wasnt what it was supposed to be like, but it definetly came across that way,
                          they should of done it outside/not in the church and there was NO reason for ET to cut clark like that so disturbingly, they could of just have him knock him out with kryptonite,
                          I mean wth were the writers/directors thinking when they made that scene,
                          quest would of been an all time favourite if it wasnt for that scene, because unfortunately every time I think about that episode, that scene pops into my mind because it was SOO full on.

----- Added 8 Minutes later -----

It was ABSOLUTELY WRONG, to have all those mentions of clark being a god. With Et bowing at him whilst meeting him and after the ritual, then his constant mentions of how clark is a god among us, and he is a god, this and that.
                          Clark Kent/Superman should NEVER be assumed as a god, I love smallville with every little bit of my heart, but that was a butcher to the superman legacy, im sad to say.

i always liked the fact that jor-el had said many times, your powers may seem extraordinary (to clark), among earth, but you are not a God.
                          I HATED the fact that ET kept referring clark as a god, and when he said "jor-el knew the consequences of placing a god on earth", that just ticked wayyy off.
                          I have like NEVER been angry with smallville, like how I am angry at it now, not in my 7 years of watching it,
                          even the Isobel storyline wasnt as horrid as this.
                          Im very dissapointed. Superman is NOT a god, and the writers are stupid for making people think so. I hope they have some resolve to that, maybe in arctic ET will admit, he was wrong to act as if clark was a god, or something.

HORRIFIC directing by ken biller, sorry buddy, you blew it, the rest of the episode was wicked, but like everything I just said before just really ruined it

----- Added 11 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by Sue Denim
                          It offended me actually. There was too much of a push of Clark=God. It's one thing to play up on the symbolism, it's quite another to show a man worshiping him. Gross.
                          SOO TRUE,
                          I loved it wheh they had symbolism, but this was taking it to far,
                          once again, ken biller should NEVER sit in the director seat again,
                          this episode was slightly offensive in ways
                          Last edited by Thrill_Seeker; 05-12-2008, 05:33 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Bringing biblic theories into superman's mytho is really lazy writing.Clark is Jesus(the savior)and Lex is the devil(the destroyer),that means Jor-El is God,pl...easeeee!Sacrifice's rituals,cutting someone's chest wide openned.We saw what he done to Lex,there was no need to see it twice and above all,in a church!!!What were they thinking?It was extremely offensive and very digusting by the way
                            Last edited by Sweetie; 05-12-2008, 12:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Thrill_Seeker
                              yes, to be honest it slightly offended and disturbed me,
                              that was more than weird,
                              he was sacrificing him in a church and cutting him friggin open alive.
                              that scene just ruined an AWESOME episode for me. I was very pissed off about it.
                              like thats what demonic people do. I know that wasnt what it was supposed to be like, but it definetly came across that way,
                              they should of done it outside/not in the church and there was NO reason for ET to cut clark like that so disturbingly, they could of just have him knock him out with kryptonite,
                              I mean wth were the writers/directors thinking when they made that scene,
                              quest would of been an all time favourite if it wasnt for that scene, because unfortunately every time I think about that episode, that scene pops into my mind because it was SOO full on.

----- Added 8 Minutes later -----

It was ABSOLUTELY WRONG, to have all those mentions of clark being a god. With Et bowing at him whilst meeting him and after the ritual, then his constant mentions of how clark is a god among us, and he is a god, this and that.
                              Clark Kent/Superman should NEVER be assumed as a god, I love smallville with every little bit of my heart, but that was a butcher to the superman legacy, im sad to say.

i always liked the fact that jor-el had said many times, your powers may seem extraordinary (to clark), among earth, but you are not a God.
                              I HATED the fact that ET kept referring clark as a god, and when he said "jor-el knew the consequences of placing a god on earth", that just ticked wayyy off.
                              I have like NEVER been angry with smallville, like how I am angry at it now, not in my 7 years of watching it,
                              even the Isobel storyline wasnt as horrid as this.
                              Im very dissapointed. Superman is NOT a god, and the writers are stupid for making people think so. I hope they have some resolve to that, maybe in arctic ET will admit, he was wrong to act as if clark was a god, or something.

HORRIFIC directing by ken biller, sorry buddy, you blew it, the rest of the episode was wicked, but like everything I just said before just really ruined it

----- Added 11 Minutes later -----

SOO TRUE,
                              I loved it wheh they had symbolism, but this was taking it to far,
                              once again, ken biller should NEVER sit in the director seat again,
                              this episode was slightly offensive in ways
                              I totally agree with your offense with this scene. I thought it was in very poor taste and highly offensive.

Only thing I can say, and there is no reasonable defense for such trash, but if ET learned everything from Dr. Swann, and ET did seem to know way more than Dr. Swann led Clark to believe, then I have to wonder if the whole Veritas secret society was taken in by Zod or Zorel somehow. You are right, Jorel was very careful to make sure that Clark knows he is no god. Someone/something led ET and possible Dr. Swann down a drastically different path regarding the Traveler than Jorel would have. Something is stinking in SV.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎