Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mistakes/Inconsistencies & Plotholes in Quest

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I liked Lionel's character alot and I don't like the idea that he killed Swann.

Comment

XRayVision - Some Friendly Advice

XRay,
      Lighten up a little bit. You're being waaay too analytical with regard to the inconsistencies of Smallville. It's a television show, meant to entertain. To read some of your reactions, you would think Smallville some some kind of homework assignment for you. Given the vigor with which you tore apart the episode "Quest", it's hard to even imagine why you even bother watching a show you sound like you hate. I was just going to comment on how much I enjoyed Quest. I really like those shows/movies with a treasure-hunting theme to them. With clues, relics/artifacts which lead to a treasure or revelation. I thought the three stones of knowledge from season 4 was brilliant (especially how clever the map leading to the air stone was - how it was actually a tree, not a river). I thought the cryptograph idea was really clever. I thought the fact that the "key" to controlling Clark was right under Lex's nose for the entire 7 years was REALLY clever. I've recently gone back to watch previous seasons of Smallville on DVD (paying particular attention to scenes which take place in that room of the Luthor mansion) and I've even caught myself pausing and "zooming in" on the fireplace and to my surprise, the clockmaker's logo was always there! It wasn't something they added just for the sake of the Veritas storyline. I thought Quest was the best of season 7 and maybe one of the best of the entire season (I also enjoyed Run, Justice, and Sacred). So just a bit of friendly advice. Relax. Enjoy the show. Resist the urge to "nit pick" every little thing.
      -M-

Comment

The only thing that confused me, was that expert Lex had, said Brower was comissioned by an unknown patron to build the clock, than later he said Brower was comissioned by a secret society. Yet, the clock disappered in WWII, long before Veritas got together.

Comment

Whose to say Dax-Ur didn't have a part in it? He has been here for a hundred years right?

Comment

Originally posted by Superboy2
            Whose to say Dax-Ur didn't have a part in it? He has been here for a hundred years right?
            Sounds like Dax-Ur could have been the one to visit the Kawatche all those years ago...
            -M-

Comment

Dax-Ur looked surprised to see another Kryptonian on earth. He left Krypton to get away from his guilt. I don't know if he would have anything to do with it, since he started a new life on earth. I don't know, it might just be an accident the writers made.

Comment

Originally posted by stovers
                Dax-Ur looked surprised to see another Kryptonian on earth. He left Krypton to get away from his guilt. I don't know if he would have anything to do with it, since he started a new life on earth. I don't know, it might just be an accident the writers made.
                Maybe Jor-el explained the situation to Dax-ur, so he could brought it to Earth. After all, Dax-ur was working with Jor-el on Brainiac, so they were...'friends'. After all, it doesn't matter. There have obviously been many Kryptonians on Earth, even hundreds of years before CK, sent there to investigate something, possibly the effects of yellow sun (the same reason Dax-ur was sent on Earth).

Comment

Except Dax-Ur was sent a hundred years ago, yet knows Jor-El and Braniac.

Comment

Okay so this is an old thread, and I probably should not post here, but I have a question and don't know where to put it. My question is, how did Swann tell Teague all of these things about Krypton that it seemed Clark did not know about? Like the line your people were great scientists, but before that, they were warriors. How would Swann know all of this and it seemed Clark did not.

Comment

The only thing I can think of besides it being bad writing is maybe Swann learned this informantion from the transmission he was receiving from space. The ones he put in his put in his journal...but then Clark read the journal so he shoulda known.

Comment

The Veritas retcon

The Traveler/Veritas story arc (episodes Traveler through Arctic) was one of the major retcons of Smallville, so don't expect it to be consistent with what came before. In addition to the new story, it is intended to change your perspective on what went on before. You kinda have to fill in the logical holes yourself, so here goes:
                        When Clark first met Dr. Swann he was terrified of the destiny Jor-El had set up for him, and Clark came away from it with only a few details about his origin. The connection between Dr Swann and Clark was the transmission that Swan had intercepted and decoded, and Swann's awareness of the Kawatche caves that Clark discovered and the crop circles around the Kent farm. At that time Clark was in no way ready to be exposed to the Veritas Cult and the information that it had on Kryptonians. You should also remember that on Smallville the Kryptonians had been visiting Earth for hundreds of years (a la Chariots of the Gods). The information the Veritas clan had on the Kryptonian race probably came from many sources, both medieval and ancient (see eps. Skinwalker, Talisman, Crusade, Spell, China). Also, Clark only knew Swann for about a year before Swann died. What we hear much later is that Lionel was responsible for killing off the other members of Veritas so perhaps he killed off Swann as well.

John Glover's portrayal of Lionel gave the impression that Lionel always knew a lot more about Clark than he let on (see seasons two through five). He delivered every line with an air of amused cynicism. I miss the guy.
                        Originally posted by Kaleltheking
                        Okay so this is an old thread, and I probably should not post here, but I have a question and don't know where to put it. My question is, how did Swann tell Teague all of these things about Krypton that it seemed Clark did not know about? Like the line your people were great scientists, but before that, they were warriors. How would Swann know all of this and it seemed Clark did not.
                        Last edited by jjgravitas; 11-05-2010, 10:58 PM.

Comment

This storyline throws season 3 out the window. That whole season, Lionel wanted to know about Clark. In Memoria, he tricked Clark to get used on the machine. In Truth, he told Chloe to go to the Kents to find out where Clark comes from.

Comment

Originally posted by All about Clark
                            Perfectly said and I agree whole heartedly.

Something else no one mentioned. Lionel was seen acquiring the locket/key from an unknown. It had to be Teague, and probably that's why Lionel didn't kill him. Swann and the Queens refused to help Lionel so he killed them. If Teague really believed Lionel to be this huge threat, he wouldn't have ever handed the key to him.
                            Lionel send his men to search the plane for the key after the plane of the Queens crashed. He contacted Teaque to tell that he had the key.

Also, it was said that Patricia had the proof that Lionel killed the Queens and Swann. That was why Lionel would do anything (such as use Clark/kryto-cage) to get the proof that Patricia had.
                            Patty herself said that. More precisely she said that he killed the Queens and that she had proof that he killed Edward Teague and that she believed that he killed her father, too. But as we know that Edward Teague faked his death and was quite alive her proof was not worth anything.

But I have to say my biggest problem with this episode was Teague, why try to kill Clark when he could just kill Lex. Lex retrieved the artifact in Teague's presence, why didn't Teague stop him then, Lex had a stab wound and should have been beatible. With a wound like that, how did he get the upper hand during the fight. That stab wound (and carving) should have made it extremely painful just lifting his arms and yet he beat a healthy Teague who could lift Clark onto his sacrificial alter.
                            Because Lex is the Traveler, too. The Traveler are two persons, the Saviour and the Destroyer. Teague had to kill both of them to destroy the Traveler. Lex's death would not have done it because as long as the Saviour was alive the Destroyer could return. As we see happen in season 10.

That was why Teaque was so keen on balance. On "for every beam of Light there is a pit of Darkness" and all that. Teaque thought that when he killed the Saviour he should be able to kill the Destroyer.

Comment

Originally posted by Superboy2
                              I liked Lionel's character alot and I don't like the idea that he killed Swann.
                              It is strongly implied that Edward killed Virgil after he had learned everythink he needed from him.

Comment

Originally posted by All about Clark
                                ^If that were the case, then Lionel wouldn't have bothered with Patricia if her information was incorrect. Lionel wanted that proof because he was guilty.
                                There are two reasons Lionel wanted her information even though he was not guilty of killing Edward Teague. First, he didn't want some problems with the law if he could help it because it is expensive for him. And second he wanted her proof to find out if Edward was really dead or faked his death.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎