No announcement yet.

Mistakes/Inconsistencies & Plotholes in Quest

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mistakes/Inconsistencies & Plotholes in Quest

The biggest mistake I found was how they thought that the symbol for Sageeth was one of Naman & Sageeth.

Newsflash for the writers: the 2 headed symbol is Sageeth, NOT NAMAN!!!! It was explained as the dichotic nature of Sageeth. There was the normal head that represented the friend and the monster head which represented the enemy. After all, Sageeth is the friend who becomes the enemy---Lex.

Also, the symbol (or actually symbols since there were 3 as pointed out by Clark) carved into Lex's chest NEVER appeared in the cave.

More--I'm pretty sure the picture that they explained in Quest as a human sacrifice was in the past explained to be Naman. I could have sworn that picture had one arm pointing up to the sky. There was definitely 1 picture of Naman shooting fire out his eyes. And I think the character with the S on his chest was another picture of Naman.

Also, Jason & Genevieve DID NOT die for Clark. They were out to collect the stones for themselves. If they were out to protect & serve Clark, then in Commencement, Jason would not have tried to kill the Kents in search for the stones. Instead, he would have helped Clark acquire them.

Here are Jason's lines from a specific scene in Commencement:

Jason: Well, let's see. When I ran into your son in Shanghai, I decided to do a little homework on my own. And the more I dug, the more Clark Kent's name just kept popping up. Sit down! Was it coincidence that the symbols were burned into your field?
    Jason: What about Clark's connection with Bridgette Crosby?
    Jason: She had one of the artifacts! I suppose that was just a coincidence, too.
    Jason: You know, when my mother came to Smallville, she thought the Luthors would lead her to the stones. But she was wrong. It was a farm boy. The one who has no record of ever been born. He's more connected to those stones than any of us.

This shows no evidence that he knew about Clark or had any intentions of serving him. Heck, Genevieve didn't even make an attempt to meet Clark once. I think this is explainable though by Edward Teague's delirious nature. The guy was obviously sick in the head. I even think that it was him who killed Swann. There's no other way he would know about Krypton. Swann would have never trusted the man whose wife and/or son were chasing after Bridgette Crosby (which is why she was MIA) for the Water stone. I think just as they killed her, he killed Swann.

There are many other things that still do not jive. The only ones who knew about the Kawatche cave prior to Clark falling in it were:

1. The Kawatche
    2. Kryptonians like Jor-El who visited Earth
    3. Hiram Kent

The entire prophecy of Naman & Sageeth would not and should not have been known by Veritas. All this stuff could have been explained by sticking with the Naman prophecy and forgetting about this Veritas retcon.
    Last edited by xrayvision; 05-09-2008, 08:53 AM.

Here are some more questions:

1. If Jason & Genevieve were out to serve the Traveler, then why did they lead Lana into the church crypt in Crusade and set up her possession by Isobel? Why have another competitor for the stones?

2. Why was this globe buried in the Luthor mansion?

3. If Lionel knew the globe was in the mansion, why didn't he use x-ray technology or some type of ground-breaking radar?

4. If Lionel knew the globe was in the mansion, why did he allow Lex to live in it? Maybe at first he thought of Lex as harmless, but by the 3rd season of the show, he saw that Lex was a viable threat and had become heavily obsessed of the caves and finding the answers. Why not destroy the mansion?

----- Added 15 Minutes later -----

Another question:

If Lionel had the mansion shipped stone by stone, wouldn't he have found the bag with the orb inside?
    Last edited by xrayvision; 05-09-2008, 03:14 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by xrayvision
      If Lionel had the mansion shipped stone by stone, wouldn't he have found the bag with the orb inside?
      I wondered that myself. I mean, they would have had to take that fireplace apart (and was there anyone else who thought back to the MANY times that Lex, Clark or some variation thereof have been in front of it?), right?

This Veritas storyline has created as many plotholes as it's filled, i think.

Comment

Jason obviously didn't know about Veritas, he only knew what his mother told him. Neither Lex nor Ollie knew what their parents were doing, then again Lex had that memory thing and I'm not sure how old Ollie was when they died but still. Unless Justice and Doom said something about that(never saw it).

Comment

ANSWERS

-the symbol of the man with the S on his chest was never explained. And no there was no picture like that with one arm up.

-Jason did not know about the traveler and veritas. His mother first was there to serve the traveler and her job was to find the stones. She soon was obsessed with them like Lionel. When clark said they all died for him was because at first their job was to protect him, if there was no traveler then they wouldn't all team up together and go on a quest so they kind of did die because of him. Thats how clark thinks it happens.

-The globe was not buried in the luthor mansion. IT was buried into a mansion set in Scotland as another clue. Lionel found this clue and shipped the mansion to smallville. HE didn't find the globe. I think lex mentioned that once he didn't find it he left the search alone.

-Lionel shipped the mansion, it could have been that they shipped the whole fireplace and did not completely take the fireplace apart, thats why it was inside the top part. (most likely the writers chose to put it in there for this reason)

-Why would Lionel destroy the mansion because lex MAY of been a threat. He did not destroy it because he searched for it and didn't see it therefore thought the mansion would give no clues to lex.

Comment

Originally posted by Kal el of krypton
            ANSWERS

-the symbol of the man with the S on his chest was never explained. And no there was no picture like that with one arm up.
            Well, actually there was in an earlier season (either 2 or 3). If you check this out:

It's the 2nd image down on the left window pane. For some reason that picture doesn't pop up in the gallery of larger photos. The figure looks like the same one that was surrounded by the table (I thought it was a door when I first saw it). I'm pretty sure the figure is another image of Naman. I have to go back and watch who they were talking about when the camera was focused on the picture with the figure with the hand in the air in whichever season 2 or 3 episode it appeared in.

And since my post, I did come up with an explanation. That symbol represented a type of ritual or rite of passage. So Chloe was wrong. It wasn't a human sacrifice, it was a Kryptonian sacrifice. Either that, or it was a Kryptonian ritual to increase Naman's resistance to kryptonite. Or maybe it was a warning that someone (Teague) would try to sacrifice Naman. But I would bet one of these explanations is true.

-Jason did not know about the traveler and veritas. His mother first was there to serve the traveler and her job was to find the stones. She soon was obsessed with them like Lionel. When clark said they all died for him was because at first their job was to protect him, if there was no traveler then they wouldn't all team up together and go on a quest so they kind of did die because of him. Thats how clark thinks it happens.
            But see, this is not consistent with earlier given information. Lex did research on Lana and said that Jason grew up around artifacts and books about Isobel, not the Traveler. Surely Gertrude & Genevieve did not think Isobel was the Traveler. Plus, the 2 of them purposely caused Isobel's "resurrection" by setting up the events that would bring Lana to the crypt. Why would they cause Isobel, who wanted to kill the Teagues and who was a huge competitor for the stones & even knew where one of them (the Air Stone) was, to return? It doesn't jive with the events of season 4. Also how could Edward Teague be practicing law and hiding out at the church at the same time? Lex surely did checks on all the Teagues and would have realized if Edward went MIA.

-The globe was not buried in the luthor mansion. IT was buried into a mansion set in Scotland as another clue. Lionel found this clue and shipped the mansion to smallville. HE didn't find the globe. I think lex mentioned that once he didn't find it he left the search alone.
            This is something I was thinking about as well--what if the Luthor mansion was not owned by the Luthors but instead just shipped by Lionel for that reason? But I don't think it's the case. I don't think Lionel could have hidden a secret that big from Lex. I think the Luthors of the 1600's were just as involved in the Traveler as Genevieve's family. Edward did say that a bunch of rich European families were the ones who commissioned that clock.

Plus, another huge clue was how Lionel had Lex play the Scottish folk song on the piano over & over again when he was young. Just the fact that Lionel asked him to play that tune suggests that he must have heard the kryptograph play and at some time must have placed it in the clock. Not only this, but Lionel asked him to play it several times--which shows obsession on Lionel's part. To me, the reason Lionel did this was to help himself in finding the orb. It was a way for him to get Lex to cause a moment of inspiration as Lionel likely ran the lyrics of the song through his mind.

-Lionel shipped the mansion, it could have been that they shipped the whole fireplace and did not completely take the fireplace apart, thats why it was inside the top part. (most likely the writers chose to put it in there for this reason)
            Yeah I know. But it still wasn't a good place for them to hide it. With today's x-ray & ground breaking radar technology, it should have been easily discovered.

-Why would Lionel destroy the mansion because lex MAY of been a threat. He did not destroy it because he searched for it and didn't see it therefore thought the mansion would give no clues to lex.
            I think if Lionel knew what was inside the mansion and as he saw Lex progressively getting more & more curious over the years about Clark's secret, he should have done something--at least tell Clark that something very dangerous is hidden in the mansion. It's not logical to just ignore it and not to tell Clark or do anything about it. He should at least have told him in that message from the Rubik's cube flashlight device in Descent.

Comment

Edward teague went into hiding once his wife died, so he hid in the church or so and didn't practice law, he just went straight into hiding and probably didn't have contact with the outside world lol.

And yes im agreeing that Lionel was after the globe and thats why he probably made lex learn that scottish tune BUT what i said previously was that after he searched the mansion and found nothing he might of left the search for the clue in the mansion. We all know he was still interested in the traveler with the death of swan in season 3. So he probably stopped searching for the clue at the mansion since he didn't find anything therefore lex would not find anything thats why lex was still staying at the mansion.

----- Added 5 Minutes later -----

Yes i saw that image of him with one arm up and it had that round thing above it, shaped as a hexagon i think.

Maybe that image shows naman opening the portal to the caves or something. If you remember there was that historian guy that lex hired to search on the caves and he had the key and he looked at the image and tried to open it and got f*cked up lol. I can't remember his name though, had curly hair i think and he try say clark was a threat to earth.

. Thats a different image from the one of him lying down as a sacrifice, and yeah it was a ritual or what ever lol.
              Last edited by Kal el of krypton; 05-11-2008, 02:37 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

^^That was Dr. Walden.

Comment

My biggest inconsistancy is the fact that Jimmy would rather babble about a story when the irresistable Chloe wants some lovin' ! Is that boy gay, or just inhuman?

Comment

Good question^ I also have a hard time thinking that Lionel killed Swann. We know that he killed the Queen's, but Genevieve and Jason both died by other people and since the Teague's killed Crosby, I'm guessing they killed Swann as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Welling_is_pretty
                      This Veritas storyline has created as many plotholes as it's filled, i think.
                      Perfectly said and I agree whole heartedly.

Something else no one mentioned. Lionel was seen acquiring the locket/key from an unknown. It had to be Teague, and probably that's why Lionel didn't kill him. Swann and the Queens refused to help Lionel so he killed them. If Teague really believed Lionel to be this huge threat, he wouldn't have ever handed the key to him.

Also, it was said that Patricia had the proof that Lionel killed the Queens and Swann. That was why Lionel would do anything (such as use Clark/kryto-cage) to get the proof that Patricia had.

Lionel was getting Veritas letters and was scared, he could be getting those letters from 2 sources, Patricia and/or Teague.

But I have to say my biggest problem with this episode was Teague, why try to kill Clark when he could just kill Lex. Lex retrieved the artifact in Teague's presence, why didn't Teague stop him then, Lex had a stab wound and should have been beatible. With a wound like that, how did he get the upper hand during the fight. That stab wound (and carving) should have made it extremely painful just lifting his arms and yet he beat a healthy Teague who could lift Clark onto his sacrificial alter.

Comment

Patricia may not know everything, cause she seemed to not be afraid of doing this to Lionel. She may have thought it proved he killed Swann.

Comment

^I don't know what you just said here. Patricia brought documents with her to her meeting with Lionel that proved Lionel killed Swann and the Queens. She was willing to give up that proof in exchange for the traveler. She was more interested in the traveler than revenge.

Comment

How do we know that the Teagues didn't make it look like Lionel did it to thorw Patricia off?

Comment

^If that were the case, then Lionel wouldn't have bothered with Patricia if her information was incorrect. Lionel wanted that proof because he was guilty.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎