No announcement yet.

The meanings behind the Kryptonian Symbol Carvings

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The meanings behind the Kryptonian Symbol Carvings

Can anyone elaborate on the meaning of the Kryptonian symbol that was carved onto Lex's chest?

If I remember correctly there were three symbols, they read Traveler, Savior, and Sanctuary. Edward Teague was the one who sent the man after Lex in the beginning to carve those symbols into him. It was a message for Clark telling him to go to the St. Christopher's Cathedral in Montreal. Saint Christopher being the patron saint of travellers.

Comment

oh. i see.... that clears it up a bit.

Comment

I'll try to explain it better from what I remember.

When Clark first looked at the writing on Lex's chest he only made out the symbol for Savior and Traveler. He and Chloe then went back to Isis and were analyzing the picture when Clark noticed that there was another symbol embedded in there, which read Sanctuary.

They had already thought that it was some kind of message so then they started to decode it, with some brainstorming they figured that Savior = Saint and Sanctuary = Church (Clark mentioned that there is no Kryptonian symbol for church which is why whoever was trying to send a message used the term sanctuary.) So they looked up the patron saint of travellers and got Saint Christopher, which lead them to the Cathedral in Montreal (which is the only Cathedral dedicated to Saint Christopher on the planet or something.)

I liked this scene because it showed that Clark is very knowledgeable in reading Kryptonian now.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch
          I'll try to explain it better from what I remember.

When Clark first looked at the writing on Lex's chest he only made out the symbol for Savior and Traveler. He and Chloe then went back to Isis and were analyzing the picture when Clark noticed that there was another symbol embedded in there, which read Sanctuary.

They had already thought that it was some kind of message so then they started to decode it, with some brainstorming they figured that Savior = Saint and Sanctuary = Church (Clark mentioned that there is no Kryptonian symbol for church which is why whoever was trying to send a message used the term sanctuary.) So they looked up the patron saint of travellers and got Saint Christopher, which lead them to the Cathedral in Montreal (which is the only Cathedral dedicated to Saint Christopher on the planet or something.)

I liked this scene because it showed that Clark is very knowledgeable in reading Kryptonian now.
          It's about time he's very knowledgeable in kryponian..lol

Comment

in the first appearance of virgil swann it show he knew kryptonian

Comment

Well I'm saddened that Teague turned out to be nothing more than a crazed psicho bent on worshiping or destroying the traveller, He had even hired goons to do his bidding putting the traveller's identity at risk..

Comment

Yea the symbols was cool. I was kinda hoping the one that was craved into clark was the Regular S and not the 8 symbol the show used in the past.

Comment

Originally posted by RJLCyberPunk
                  Well I'm saddened that Teague turned out to be nothing more than a crazed psicho bent on worshiping or destroying the traveller, He had even hired goons to do his bidding putting the traveller's identity at risk..
                  he was in hiding and he said that he didn't know clark was the traveler so I am sure his goons wouldn't know either without clark revealing his powers to them.

Comment

Originally posted by krpto
                    he was in hiding and he said that he didn't know clark was the traveler so I am sure his goons wouldn't know either without clark revealing his powers to them.
                    Good thing too considering what we saw and the fruitcake he turned out to be!

Comment

Originally posted by RJLCyberPunk
                      yeah he was kinda crazy !! except I dont think he was fully crazy or skitz, [SPOILER] hes in arctic [/SPOILER] so we'll have to see what happens there, maybe he will help clark or something

Comment

What does the "8" symbol mean.

I know that Clark had it before, like in the end of season 2 and beginning of 3. But I don't think I know what it means. This is the symbol carved on Clark's chest. Its like the House of El one but with an eight instead of an S.

Comment

So why did Clark ask ET at the chuch why he "Carved his Name" into Lex's chest?

Comment

It's not just "8", it is an 8 sorrounded by a diamond which means S in the kryptonian language.

Comment

I know that the "8" symbol means "S" in the Kryptonian language. And obviously the Superman "S" logo is the House of El symbol.
                              Basically, it's like a calling to his destiny by bringing up his heritage.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎