No announcement yet.

What the hell are TPTB doing to Chloe?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jory
    Because TPTB are tearing apart everything that made Chloe, Chloe. I personally think they are pulling a season 2, and are trying to get the fans to hate Chloe. I think it's an attempt to get the fans to start liking other characters who may not be as popular as Chloe is,imo.
    I think that's going a little far, saying that they're trying to get the fans to hate her. You guys should really watch the episode before passing this kind of judgement, I didn't come out of the episode despising her character that's for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Kalista
      I agree.
      It's interesting because that tactic never works on me, because I'm not an idiot and I know what they are trying to do. So I end up hating TPTB, the network, the writers, and most importantly the characters they are trying to force me to like. How TPTB think that making one character look bad so others will look better is the greatest idea ever, is something I won't ever understand.

Kalista I think Al and Miles leave when the season is over. I don't think there will be any re-writes because they are still there.

Twitch this (the character assassination of Chloe) has been going on since the start of this season.

I thought the "bash Chloe while she's down" theme was going to lead to a good ending, little did I know that ending is [SPOILER] jail [/SPOILER]. Silly me.
      Last edited by Jory; 05-08-2008, 07:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by GuardianAngel
        You may be right, but on the other hand TPTB decided Chloe should be the one to ask for Jor-el's help in "Traveler", a decision which pleased most Chloe fans.
        This isn't all about Clark. Chloe's character development has been trashed.

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

I didn't come out of the episode despising her character that's for sure.
        I don't despise her character but I do have a problem with the direction that her character is being taken. I despise the people who are responsible for it.
        Last edited by Kalista; 05-08-2008, 07:25 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

This isn't all about Clark. Chloe's character development has been trashed.
          Fine, but what I meant was that I'm not so sure they want fans to hate her....
          Last edited by GuardianAngel; 05-08-2008, 07:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch
            I think that's going a little far, saying that they're trying to get the fans to hate her.
            I don't. I agree with what Jory said about how they tried to make Chloe unlikeable in season two.

Comment

You may be right, but on the other hand TPTB decided Chloe should be the one to ask for Jor-el's help in "Traveler", a decision which pleased most Chloe fans.
              Not this Chloe fan. I want Chloe to be served well, just as Clark fans want him to be served well in the story. If they were to give Chloe her own (independant of Clark) storyline that stayed true to who the character is,and was a great storyline, I'd be all for that. When Chloe isn't portrayed how she should be, and her character is assassinated in the process, I don't care about what she says about Clark. I'm too busy being pissed that TPTB are ripping her apart.

As it is Chloe fans have nothing to look forward to in the last two episodes. In this episode she was more concerned about having sex with Jimmy, and the next episode all she does is get [SPOILER] arrested[/SPOILER] thanks for the screw you, TPTB.
              Last edited by Jory; 05-08-2008, 07:58 AM.

Comment

Fine, but what I meant was that I'm not so sure they want fans to hate her....
                Hate is a strong word. Perhaps they want people to stop caring about what happens to her, IMHO. If you have a character that gained unexpected popularity, you know that you can't just get rid of the character without alienating that particular fan base. But if you can make people began to dislike the character, it is much easier to dispose of him or her and potentially keep that same group of viewers. That's just my little opinion. Sure, it is speculation but recent events just don't make any sense.

Comment

Hate is a strong word. Perhaps they want people to stop caring about what happens to her, IMHO. If you have a character that gained unexpected popularity, you know that you can't just get rid of the character without alienating that particular fan base. But if you can make people began to dislike the character, it is much easier to dispose of him or her and potentially keep that same group of viewers. That's just my little opinion. Sure, it is speculation but recent events just don't make any sense.

I think you nailed what TPTB are trying to do.

Comment

what is a TPTB??

Comment

TPTB = The Powers That Be

Basically the Executive Producers, the guys in charge, the ones who decide the direction the show takes.

Comment

Originally posted by manofsteel2009
                        what is a TPTB??
                        The Powers That Be

Comment

^^I guess the Powers is not doing anything for Chloe right now.

Comment

You have to wonder if there are issues with Allison and TPTB. For any Angel fans there were rumors that Charisma Carpenter had issues with Joss Whedon and they totally destroyed her character in season 4.

Comment

Originally posted by wolverine316
                              You have to wonder if there are issues with Allison and TPTB. For any Angel fans there were rumors that Charisma Carpenter had issues with Joss Whedon and they totally destroyed her character in season 4.
                              No one can really say for sure. I suspect their are other reasons for gutting her character.

Comment

Jory:

I disagree to an extent re: some of your post. First I do find that Chloe suggesting that CK kill Lex is very OOC and is poor handling of her character.

However, re: some of the other stuff it's clear this season that Chloe's one time dream of being a star reporter is no longer her dream. As a fan of Chloe, I'm Ok with that. I mean, after all, she was pretty much using the DP this season for helping CK. She might as well make that a legitimate job and get paid for it.

I mean realistically if you were just canned from a job and you learned there was a story available....are you really going to run out and try to outscopp someone else? Realistically, no but this is SV. However, I find it quite believable that Chloe who's always had stars on her eyes about heros (CK and OQ come to mind) that she would give a call to her friend OQ to charter a plane.

As far as Lex being carved up vs. sex with Jimmy. C'mon? Lex fired her. Why should she care? Not saying she shoulld advocate for his death but in this instance, it might be that she needs to cuddle up with her boyfriend and feel loved rather than try and face a foe.

And for one I am little relieved that Chloe is finally being humanized. I was a little off put by her "holier than thou" attitude and that she could do no wrong while solving all the troubles of the world. It's nice to see Chloe taking care of Chloe for once. It helps me identify more with her. Early on the series Chloe was one of my top characters but then as of late I was getting a little miffed by how they handeled her.

I, for one, hope she becomes a hero in her own right with her ability and joins up with OQ's team.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎