Collapse
No announcement yet.

What the hell are TPTB doing to Chloe?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What the hell are TPTB doing to Chloe?

It appears that in--what could be-- Allison's last year TPTB are completely, and totally, tearing down the character of Chloe.

-First of all they have her getting demeaned at the Planet by Grant and they don't have her fighting back. This from the girl who took Kahn up on her challenge and proved Pauline wrong.

-Then they have her getting fired,and her response is "Oh well." When she was fired at the Torch she was pissed. The girl has wanted to be a reporter since she was 6 (see "Progeny"), and when she's (wrongfully) fired (by Lex) she's all ho-hum. You'd think that after 7 years of reporting, she'd be a little pissed off.

-Jimmy dumps her (after eyeing Kara,and licking his lips) in front of Chloe. Then he dumps Kara (after she gets amnesia) and Chloe takes him back. Then when they are together he looks down Lois' shirt,and takes a photo of Lois bending over, and Chloe's ok with that. Where's the old Chloe who would dump his ass?

-Lex gets carved up, and the girl who had a bunch of curiosity (she did say that Smallville was "Land of the weird,home of the strange") isn't the least bit curious and would rather have sex with Jimmy?!

-In "Vessel" she tells Clark that he "isn't a killer" but she's now implying that he should kill Lex!

WTF are they doing to Chloe? Are they intentionally tearing her down since this is/may be Allison's last year? I would've thought/hoped that TPTB would've given her better material,and a much better send off than [SPOILER] jail [/SPOILER] in her (possible) final season. If TPTB are trying to get Allison back I can't see how assassinating Chloe's character will do the trick. Is this the network wanting people to turn against Chloe, like the WB tried in season 2? TPTB truly suck some serious booty. They couldn't write a better sendoff,and now they are tearing apart a popular character so that other characters will be liked more,imo. Morons.
    Last edited by Jory; 05-08-2008, 06:28 AM.

They are also going out of their way to destroy the Chlark bond that has been developing since season one.

Comment

Originally posted by Kalista
      They are also going out of their way to destroy the Chlark bond that has been developing since season one.
      I'm not a romantic Chlark fan (I love their friendship), but it is apparent that they are destroying everything about Chloe, including her friendship with Clark. Their friendship has also seemed off. In "Action" Chloe was upset about Jimmy and Clark's response was to 1)turn his back on her(opening sequence) and 2) roll his eyes (at the DP);however, in "Siren" he comforts Lois over the Oliver thing. Then in "Sleeper" Chloe is beaten and tortured and Clark is more concerned about Lana, he couldn't even make a little remark.

TPTB are definately tearing apart every aspect of Chloe,including her friendship with Clark. They don't seem as close as they were.
      Last edited by Jory; 05-08-2008, 06:51 AM.

Comment

I just see it as Chloe has changed and had a moment of desperation.

Jail is a good sendoff, because it doesn't kill the character, and leaves hope for the return.

Keep in mind, these last episodes are the Gough-Millar vision, and there is a reason they weren't kept on for Season 8.

I'd expect the tone to change for next season, and for Chloe to grow. To be honest, what you call character assassination, I call growth (which can be good or bad), because Chloe has never been static, and to be honest, ever since she found out Clark's secret, she's been so consumed with protecting Clark that she lost her drive. And it happens. Things in life can sap our passions and change us, and not necessarily for the good.

As it is, Chloe is one of my favorite characters because she's one of the few who has actually been affected by all that is going on. Whereas the others (Sneaky Lionel, Wistful Lana, Mopey Clark, etc) have aside from a game changer here or there, pretty much been the same person they started. Only Lex and Chloe have really had anything that occurs affect them, and even Lex's transformation from good to bad had an unbelievable jump in it this past season.

I think Chloe will get out thanks to Ollie. I don't think we've seen the last of Chloe.

Comment

Originally posted by Jory
          I'm not a romantic Chlark fan (I love their friendship), but it is appatent that they are destroying everything about Chloe, including her friendship with Clark. Their friendship has also seemed off. In "Action" Chloe was upset about Jimmy and Clark's response was to 1)turn his back on her(opening sequenc) and 2) roll his eyes (at the DP);however, in "Siren" he comforts Lois over the Oliver thing. Then in "Sleeper" Chloe is beaten and tortured and Clark is more concerned about Lana, he couldn't even make a little remark.

TPTB are definately tearing apart every aspect of Chloe,including her friendship with Clark. They don't seem as close as they were.
          Well, I did say "bond". They have shared a bond since season one. So whether a person is a romantic Chlark fan or a fan of their friendship, either way TPTB seem determined to downplay it or destroy it. More often than not, they make Clark look selfish and insensitive.

Comment

Chloe fans will definitely be mad if in jail is where her character will end up and the reason for her in jail is so mediocre.

Comment

Originally posted by Joren DarkStar
              To be honest, what you call character assassination
              I don't see how these developments can be viewed as anything other than character assasination. It is obvious that butchering her characer because her recent action are inconsistent with the Chloe we have seen for the past 6 years. It is OOC for Chloe to:

be more interested in sleeping with Jimmy than learning information about a potential story
              tell Clark to kill someone
              to not care about working at the DP

Comment

Originally posted by finalbahamut
                Chloe fans will definitely be mad if in jail is where her character will end up and the reason for her in jail is so mediocre.
                I'm a Chloe fan, and I'll be pissed. Lex is getting a great send-off, and I'm sure Lana will, but Chloe gets crapped on. This is all because TPTB couldn't think of a better send-off for Chloe. I'm sure the fans could come up with something better than the two lamest ways: death and [SPOILER] jail[/SPOILER]. Chloe didn't even get a good storyline for her last go around,unless they think her being a search engine for Clark is wonderful, and given that these are the same people who think [SPOILER] jail[/SPOILER] is a great way to say goodbye to Chloe,they probably do.

I don't think Allison will be back, and that's what pisses me off that TPTB couldn't give her a better send-off, just in case. I fully expect to be told what happens to Chloe, and I don't doubt that TPTB will expect Chloe fans to be satisfied with that. If they had of written a better ending, then they wouldn't have to resort to telling the audience what happens to Chloe.

Kalista I 100% agree with you. It is character assassination, because we aren't seeing any believeable emotions coming from Chloe. If you were a reporter (in some capacity) for 7 years, and you were fired,wouldn't you be a littel bit pissed off? If you caught your boyfriend eyeing another girl, and licking his lips wouldn't that piss you off? If you got back with your boyfriend and he's looking down your cousin's shirt, and taking photos of her bending over, wouldn't that piss you off? Instead they have Chloe being all "la-dee-da" about everything. That is character assassination.
                Last edited by Jory; 05-08-2008, 07:06 AM.

Comment

Her character has changed a lot this season and not in a consistent way, but as far as not caring about working at the DP is concerned, she hasn't achieved anything as a reporter since season 5 or am I wrong? She's been busier helping Clark than being a reporter (thanks to our beloved writers!) Maybe what Grant told her when he noticed Lois wasn't that far off (If you're lucky Sullivan some of her passion will run off on you and maybe put a little fire on that torch you let burn out after highschool.)
                  Last edited by GuardianAngel; 05-08-2008, 07:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by GuardianAngel
                    but as far as not caring about working at the DP is concerned
                    The question is why are TPTB doing this?

Comment

^I dont' know. They were playing the working at the Daily PLanet card (the prestige of working there and the fulfilment of her dreams) in season 5, then in season 6 they decided Chloe should help Clark more, get involved with the Justice League and decided to scare us with her meteor freak ability which was revealed only in the season finale. And now in season 7 she is helping Clark even more (way too much IMHO), she is concerned about her meteor power and doesn't care about being fired from the DP... strange progression, indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by Kalista
                        The question is why are TPTB doing this?

Because TPTB are tearing apart everything that made Chloe, Chloe. I personally think they are pulling a season 2, and are trying to get the fans to hate Chloe. I think it's an attempt to get the fans to start liking other characters who may not be as popular as Chloe is,imo.

Comment

Because TPTB are tearing apart everything that made Chloe, Chloe. I personally think they are pulling a season 2, and are trying to get the fans to hate Chloe. I think it's an attempt to get the fans to start liking other characters who may not be as popular as Chloe is,imo.
                          I agree.

Comment

You may be right, but on the other hand TPTB decided Chloe should be the one to ask for Jor-el's help in "Traveler", a decision which pleased most Chloe fans.
                            Last edited by GuardianAngel; 05-08-2008, 07:19 AM.

Comment

I wonder if these episodes been re written somewhat since Goughlar left?

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎