• Show
Clear All

• Special Effects in Quest.........

Talk about them here.

theres quite a bit of carving and blood in this episode

Comment

Originally posted by Thrill_Seeker
      theres quite a bit of carving and blood in this episode
      There is, you're right. First Lex gets carved, then Clark does.

There are some great special effects in the end, where a huge blue-shaped globe forms and indicates the location of the North Pole (FOS) and that is exhibited in a red circle in the north region of Canada.

Furthermore, another great special effect was when Clark zoomed in with his super speed to save Edward from Lex. Clark froze the moment, and took away the knife that Lex was holding to prevent him from killing Edward.

Comment

The coolest was the globe at the end, second would be Clark saving Edwards life, (super speed style)

But yes there was a lot of blood and carving.

Comment

^^^^^^^^^^^^
          Yeah, I thought the globe was great. And it was hard not to wince at Lex and Clark's "carvings"!!

Comment

I liked the way they showed the gears inside the Clock, when it began to play that tune. Cool!

Comment

Originally posted by SVsleuth
              I liked the way they showed the gears inside the Clock, when it began to play that tune. Cool!
              I loved the whole Clock, gears, musical tune, clock movement.....everything! I adore my Grandfather clock!

The only question I have is....did the numbers mean anything after the hands stopped moving? Were they on the 11 and 2? I have to go and check. Just an observation!
              Last edited by suzieQ; 05-09-2008, 07:35 AM.

Comment

Yeah, I'd definitely look for this episode to be nominated for an award in special effects. The blue globe at the end was phenomenal, I was really impressed with how well it looks (though Smallville usually does good jobs with such things, this was excellent). The carving on Clark's chest was great as well.

Comment

Working...
                X
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎