Collapse
No announcement yet.

How I Met Your Mother (CBS)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well good luck to all the How I Met Your Mother people out there. Here's hoping that your mom is located at last. You definitely deserve that much at least for sticking with the program, and you should probably also demand actual monetary reimbursement from CBS as well! I hope the mom is Brittany Spears, but that's got to be a long shot. And if I was directing this thing I'd have Barny finally settle down with a nice young lady---Ellen Degeneris.

Comment

• Wow, that was a load of crap.

I as well as most others who hated the finale (gauging from the comments on TV Line and Alan Sepinwall's blog) were not opposed to [SPOILER]the death of the mother[/SPOILER] but what came after.

For me, this finale did not work in any way.

[SPOILER]
      We have had two seasons of Barney and Robin, including one whole season only for their wedding, just to make it null and void within the first 20 minutes of the 40 minute finale.

And then you have a crapload of future info dump presented to you only to learn almost as an afterthought that the mother had died some six years previously (around 2024, ten years after the show ended).

And then you have Ted (in 2030, 16 years after the show ended, roughly 20 years after he was last an item with Robin) run back to her.

And the kids? How cavalier were they? Yeah, mom's been dead for six years, you have our permission to go bang aunt Robin)

And Barney? The Playbook II? Seriously? All his hard-earned character development flushed down the toilet.

And why did they bother to cast such an adoring actress to play a role where the viewer could truly believe that she was the one for Ted?

This ending (at least the kids) was filmed in 2005/6. But that doesn't mean one needed to use it at all cost. The characters had moved on. This season as a series finale in season 4? Sure why not. But not five years later!
      [/SPOILER]
      Last edited by DJ Doena; 04-01-2014, 09:40 PM.

Comment

• Complete and utter load of crap, they ruined a lot of what the past few season's had been leading up to as well as a lot of the character development. There are so many way's they could've ended it, and this felt like the shittest possible way.

Comment

• I'm okay with how it ended but I do think they wrote themselves into a trap. They felt they had to use the footage they filmed in 2006 with Luke and Penny.

Comment

• So let me get this straight he ends up with the girl that was stalking Lex in Bound?

Wonder if Cobie will join SHIELD next year(she was on the premiere episode for a small cameo)
            Last edited by Supsfan; 04-01-2014, 05:56 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Supsfan
              So let me get this straight he ends up with the girl that was stalking Lex in Bound?

Wonder if Cobie will join SHIELD next year(she was on the premiere episode for a small cameo)
              Possible, though Cobie plays one of Fury's most trusted people so I don't see him giving her up that easily.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lipzo
                Possible, though Cobie plays one of Fury's most trusted people so I don't see him giving her up that easily.
                I can see her not a regular but maybe a few guest appearances

Comment

• I cannot believe they did that.

Comment

• The Complete Series DVD has a completely Alternate Ending.

Co-creator Bays, who acted as showrunner alongside Craig Thomas for the length of the series, however, says the ending was one of two they created. “We only shot one script, but through edit-room magic we had two possible outcomes for the series. We chose the ending we chose and we stand by it. But we loved the other version too. We’re going to include that version on the Complete Series DVD as an alternate finale to How I Met Your Mother,” he wrote in a series of tweets.
                    Bays described the alternate ending as “very different” from the one that aired. He also tweeted a picture of the legen-waitforit-dary packaging.

The second Link includes an image of the Complete Series collection.

Comment

• They shot a funeral scene, for the mother, that was cut from the final episode. Probably went like this: Ted slams the coffin shut. He sees Robin, smiles and starts flirting with her, while others carry the coffin out of the church. Marshall comes over and says "Ted... Come on, show some respect... it's Tracy's funeral..." "Tracy who?", Ted responds and laughs.
                      Last edited by jon-el87; 04-28-2014, 11:45 AM.

Comment

• Comment

• Love Cobie Smulders playing that song, love her on Stumptown.

But I haven't looked back on HIMYM or watched a single ep of that show since the finale. Just like with LOST, I'm just done and walked away.

Comment

• Yeah, I've tried to rewatch a couple of episodes a few times, but they just don't pull me in. Many jokes haven't aged well (etc). Then there are all the times that an episode highlights what horrible people Ted (maybe the Wedding Bride was what really happened between Ted and Stella?) and the others are.

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎