Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Proof! Without Chloe's help Clark grows a brain.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clark just needs more male friends. Pete "the boss" Ross I miss that guy! Clark hangs out with too many girls! Though they are all very attractive...

He needs some male bonding....I think that's why I liked Oliver on the show because he actually had a male friend again.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin24
      Clark just needs more male friends. Pete "the boss" Ross I miss that guy! Clark hangs out with too many girls! Though they are all very attractive...

He needs some male bonding....I think that's why I liked Oliver on the show because he actually had a male friend again.

Have to agree with you.He sorely needs some testosterone based life forms to hang out with and get a male perspective on problems also.
      Where's Bruce Wayne when you need him?

Comment

I agree he could use more male friends.

Comment

I never said that I blamed the girls on the contrary,I blame Clark.It's him who hold himself but,you got to admit that Lana & Chloe don't help either?Lana always ends in trouble so,Clark think that he got to stay around for her.Chloe,she became the hero,she does everything for him.Clark just has to run out there beat bad guy up.I think Chloe could even do that so?She could have said no.I don't have time to help,I have a job.I would have prefered if she would fallowed her dream and become a reporter and not a sidekick that's all.
          Last edited by Sweetie; 05-05-2008, 03:00 PM.

Comment

It was refreshing to get Clark away from Chloe. If Clark had had his way however, Chloe WOULD have saved the day. She was his first resort. But she was busy and didn't know him from Adam so had to do it on his own. I loved it. It was wonderful. His dynamic with Jimmy was very enjoyable. Jimmy seemed like he was taking a break from things he had to do to help Clark out. He didn't really solve anything... he was just a resource. He even gave Clark a hard time.

I also liked that they spread the info around. Clark was running all over the place, talking to a lot of people to find out information and piece it all together. It wasn't just Chloe's magical computer.

I really enjoyed how action oriented Clark was. It was great.

Comment

Originally posted by ginnyfan
              It was refreshing to get Clark away from Chloe. If Clark had had his way however, Chloe WOULD have saved the day. She was his first resort. But she was busy and didn't know him from Adam so had to do it on his own. I loved it. It was wonderful. His dynamic with Jimmy was very enjoyable. Jimmy seemed like he was taking a break from things he had to do to help Clark out. He didn't really solve anything... he was just a resource. He even gave Clark a hard time.

I also liked that they spread the info around. Clark was running all over the place, talking to a lot of people to find out information and piece it all together. It wasn't just Chloe's magical computer.

I really enjoyed how action oriented Clark was. It was great.
              See ... he was oriented .... no one told him what to do ..... just filled him with info ..... and still some think thatīs not good enough ....

Comment

Uh, it's not a BRAIN that Clark found...

Comment

Proof that Clark has a brain without Chloe's help was seen in the early seasons on a regular basis. The best example is Shattered where Clark ran the whole show and planned everything out (he hid Chloe, Lex, Lana and planned out how he would go against Lionel, Morgan Edge, etc). Yeah, things didn't work out well, but you can't blame him for lack of trying. That is the type of development I wanted. As long as he made mistakes but was actually trying to learn and not being a lazy-ass BDA, it would have been great.

Comment

MOD EDIT

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by xrayvision
                    Proof that Clark has a brain without Chloe's help was seen in the early seasons on a regular basis.
                    And the only thing that made him "lose his brain" was Lana,

Chloe's only been trying to help him get it back!
                    Last edited by savingpeoplething; 05-19-2008, 07:10 AM. Reason: Breaking Forum Rules #10 and #14

Comment

Originally posted by Khyla
                      (and it's sooooo obvious that it's nothing more than a Clois preference-based opinion )
                      i would say it a combination of Clois fans and mythos fans(who aren't big into ships) as well

Comment

Originally posted by AlwaysRight
                        i would say it a combination of Clois fans and mythos fans(who aren't big into ships) as well
                        I thought that's what I said here:

Everything y'all say has to do with Chloe being in the way of Clois or the legend AS YOU KNOW IT.

Comment

I thought that's what I said here:
                          well there is a difference, some just are sick of Clark looking like an BDA at times. Now that Lana is sort of out of the picture(which makes him look way worse then anything in that reguard) they are going after the next target(writers using Chloe as a crutch for Clark giving him answers(ie time saver for other crappy plots they have), instead of making Clark be more active in doing searching for answers himself, especially since "iconic clark kent" future job is as a reporter, it would be good to actually show him using those skills at a younger age).

I don't think it has as much wanting him to be with Lois. As a huge Lois fan i can live next season without any Lois relationship(infact i hope they don't focus on it all season long, rather giving us hints) if they tell a good Clark story.
                          Last edited by AlwaysRight; 05-05-2008, 09:20 PM.

Comment

I think Clark has a BRAIN and can think for himself ..... but hey thatīs me right !! ... gotta give him some credit, after all ..... he has saved a lot of people, that counts doesnīt it?? ....as much as distracted he is sometimes, in the end he always saves the day ..... GO Clark Kent !!

Comment

Originally posted by Sweetie
                              Chloe,she became the hero,she does everything for him.Clark just has to run out there beat bad guy up.
                              How does Chloe do everything for Clark? Clark does think for himself and I have just provided a few of the many examples from the show proving this.

I think Chloe could even do that so?
                              Chloe could beat up the bad guys?

----- Added 25 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by ginnyfan
                              In Phantom Clark helped to piece together a lead as to where Bizarro might be. Clark had to explain to Chloe how/why Bizarro was able to replicate him. When Clark told Chloe that Kryptonite seems to affect Bizarro differently she theorized that Bizarro could be looking for kryptonite. It was Clark who had been talking to Oliver about his tracking Lex's meteor shipments and he shared his knowledge with Chloe. Finally, Clark went to the MM for help. Please tell me once again, how Clark doesn't use his brain?

I think Kara is an good example of Clark interacting with other people to solve a problem. Clark asked Kara questions to determine ways to find her ship. Clark talk to Chloe about the possibility of Kara's alarm disrupting the AM/FM signals. Finally, Clark suggested that Kara use her super hearing to hear her ship's alarm. So again, I pose the question. How was Chloe a stand in for Clark's brain? How was she thinking for him in Kara?
                              Last edited by Kalista; 05-06-2008, 06:15 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

As it has been proven Clark has a brain and uses it from time to time. But the fact remains the only way Chloe is useful on the show is to do his thinking for him. If Clark was independent there is no reason to write Chloe into the show. The writers are kind of stuck there. Without Clark, Chloe serves no purpose on the show. Sad.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎