Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Proof! Without Chloe's help Clark grows a brain.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by kraami
    yes to think for himself as long as he dwells in self pity and lacks self confidence. Which in translation means I want to be with lana and everything is my fault and i will be with her because its my fault she slept with bizarroo and blah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

chloe is his better half that is what i am trying to say here. He just need to open his eyes. chloe is not the reason he doesn't have a brain to think with. Lana is.
    I definantly don't disagree with your statement, and fact is if he didn't run and whine to Chloe, the writers would find somebody else for him to run and whine to about Lana. Nobody should be telling Clark though the stuff Chloe does making him look like a BDA.

Beyond the Lana stuff, Chloe to many times gives him easy answers how to catch the bad guy(once again another plot device), some of us want Clark to think a bit moe for himself when it comes to hunting down the bad guy(not saying he couldn't get a few tips here or there from Chloe). I once again blame the writers who have Chloe feed Clark alot of the answers because it's a time saver to have Chloe give him all the answers without Clark doing much himself(ie it only take 2 Mintues for CHloe to give him the answers, rather then 5-6 minute if Clark did the work for himself with tips from others).

Comment

• Originally posted by Jade4813
      ...Nowhere near ready to think for himself? What's he waiting for? His 50th birthday?
      Lord I hope not, though by then Lana, Chloe, Lois, Oliver, Jimmy etc. probably would have moved on in their lives so he'd have to find a new set of people to scooby with.

Nah, I liked Clark a lot in this episode, and though he has done it in the past I think Welling's direction of his character helped showcase that Clark can be independantly heroic and I thought he was quite heroic in the episode.

He died at the end, but not because Chloe wasn't around but because he wasn't an impervious super-alien in that reality because he didn't technically exist. Nonetheless he started out just wanting to make sure everyone was doing fine but by the end has realised he really was needed and really DID make a difference for the betterment of the world and the people in it. AND he figured that out on his own, which was very nice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Minela
        Without Chloe there to help him Clark suddenly mans up and starts thinking for himself. Who would have thought? Me, that's who.

He took charge, went to meet with Lois' informant, figured who the informant was all on his own, using his own brain. He was so manly, I was really proud of him. This is proof that Clark doesn't need anybody holding his hand and that he can most certainly step out of the BDA persona when need be. Unfortunately in the real verse he doesn't have the need.
        Also throw in the loss of Lana's burden from his shoulders and that Lois Lane had hots for him, he suddenly becomes a new man.

Comment

• AU's are perfect examples of how the writers can't tell compelling stories without resorting into cheap "it never happened but wasn't it cool?"- tactics. I think some of the best moments on the show didn't actually happen because for whatever reason the writers thought they couldn't keep it up or that it progressed Clark too much.

Comment

Working...
          X
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎