Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Proof! Without Chloe's help Clark grows a brain.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proof! Without Chloe's help Clark grows a brain.

Without Chloe there to help him Clark suddenly mans up and starts thinking for himself. Who would have thought? Me, that's who.

He took charge, went to meet with Lois' informant, figured who the informant was all on his own, using his own brain. He was so manly, I was really proud of him. This is proof that Clark doesn't need anybody holding his hand and that he can most certainly step out of the BDA persona when need be. Unfortunately in the real verse he doesn't have the need.

it's not chloe's fault he refuses to man up in the RW

Comment

In the RW he was looking for stuff on Lois computer on his own. And Clark needed the info. that Lois had in order to go after Lex. He went to AUJimmy in the similar way that Clark has gone to Chloe but since Jimmy is an iconic charcter it's ok but when it's Chloe she's babying him. Go figure.

And AULois slightly pushed Clark in similar ways that Chloe slightly pushes Clark to go save the world. And when Chloe is in trouble Clark does find things on his own so he can save her, an example of that is Cure. And Clark started to look for the reasons that AULois went to jail so he can save her also.

Comment

the writers choose never to have us hear clark's internal thoughts ,you know like a clark voice over of his thoughts, they have decide to have every discussion out loud with chloe not the best way to grow into superman relying on chloe 24/7. even bizarro needed chloe's help. did anyone see Magnum P.I.? the show's best part's were thought voice overs.

Comment

^^And w/out voice overs or Chloe Clark ended up talking to himself seeming like he was crazy.

Comment

It's amazing that when Chloe is in the vicinity that he forgets how to breath isn't it...

Comment

the writers choose never to have us hear clark's internal thoughts ,you know like a clark voice over of his thoughts, they have decide to have every discussion out loud with chloe not the best way to grow into superman relying on chloe 24/7. even bizarro needed chloe's help. did anyone see Magnum P.I.? the show's best part's were thought voice overs.
              I have to say, an episode with Scrubs / Magnum PI / Veronica Mars VO would be fun. I liked how that was used by Chloe in Thirst.

That being said, 42 minutes of hearing Clark say "Lana Lana Lana Lana" would grow a bit tiresome.

I also agree needs more people to talk to. Clana talks are always about Secrets and Lies, I don't care about Kara, and Chlark always seems to be "save the world / Lana" business chats. I usually dislike Clois, but it was nice to see Clark talk to someone else else at the end of Apocolyapse. Clark needs to get some new friends next season!
              It's amazing that when Chloe is in the vicinity that he forgets how to breath isn't it...
              Hell, when Lana is around he forgets to do much of anything at all.

I do agree that it was been really poor writing this season to have Clark so dependent on Chloe's help and Chloe reduced to Clark's personal Chloogle. It does not do either character any favors. I liked to dynamic more in earlier seasons, when there was more scoobying and an equal division of labor. Smart Clark is always a good thing.

Comment

Originally posted by chlo-el
                He went to AUJimmy in the similar way that Clark has gone to Chloe but since Jimmy is an iconic charcter it's ok but when it's Chloe she's babying him. Go figure.
                I would have no problem with Clark running to Choogle asking her for 1 piece of info if he could think for himself what to do with it. That being said all jimmy found clark was info on Lana and the fact Clark sort of tricked him into finding the info for him(saying he is his favorite photographer) adds to Clark using his brain.

And AULois slightly pushed Clark in similar ways that Chloe slightly pushes Clark to go save the world.
                No Clark on his own wanted to save the world, AULois only gave him 1 piece of info that Clark used to figure out what was going on by himself. AULois didn't have to kick Clarks butt and tell him he needs to save the world(which makes clark look weak)

And when Chloe is in trouble Clark does find things on his own so he can save her, an example of that is Cure.
                Problem is this is the exception more then a rule with Clark and Chloe. Cure was one of 2 Chloe driven plots this season and having Clark chase her did make him look heroic. They could use this plotline more often to make Clark look Heroic but they don't.

And Clark started to look for the reasons that AULois went to jail so he can save her also.
                Great that Clark, himself was the one looking for info, makes him look more intelligent.
                Last edited by AlwaysRight; 05-03-2008, 10:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Minela
                  Without Chloe there to help him Clark suddenly mans up and starts thinking for himself. Who would have thought? Me, that's who.

He took charge, went to meet with Lois' informant, figured who the informant was all on his own, using his own brain. He was so manly, I was really proud of him. This is proof that Clark doesn't need anybody holding his hand and that he can most certainly step out of the BDA persona when need be. Unfortunately in the real verse he doesn't have the need.
                  I agree with everything. As much as everyone says that Lana is holding Clark back, I have to say the same for Chloe.

Comment

CK's biggest weakness is not kryptonite it's the people that he cares about.Now,he needs to let go the past to finally move on to the future.It's harder than you think because he got the hero's complex,he takes everyone problems on his shoulders.I guess in the AU,he saw that the 2 girls can really be happy without him so,he will be able to move on.

Comment

In the RW he was looking for stuff on Lois computer on his own. And Clark needed the info. that Lois had in order to go after Lex. He went to AUJimmy in the similar way that Clark has gone to Chloe but since Jimmy is an iconic charcter it's ok but when it's Chloe she's babying him. Go figure.

And AULois slightly pushed Clark in similar ways that Chloe slightly pushes Clark to go save the world. And when Chloe is in trouble Clark does find things on his own so he can save her, an example of that is Cure. And Clark started to look for the reasons that AULois went to jail so he can save her also.
                      Yeah, Jimmy looking up Lana is babying Clark. Sure. The way I saw the whole thing play out is Jimmy wanted to destroy evidence and a mature manly Clark wouldn't let him do it, he went on a clue finding mission until he found Lois. All on his own. Thank you very much.

Secondly, Chloe doesn't slightly push Clark. She either sweet talks to his ego trying to make him do something (which by the way rarely works) or she just does the work for him.

Yes it is true Clark finds out the clues on his own when Chloe is in trouble which proofs my point that without her help he is forced to grow a brain.

Comment

Sometimes I think Clark is overwhelmed, like it is just too much. I think he uses Chloe as in trying to cope with situations. I think he knows what to do. Like in going back to Krypton, he knew at the same time she knew it, it just it felt too big at the time, and later he took the mindset of letting history change. Things are more doable for him when he knows the outcome isn't acceptable.

Comment

Originally posted by Minela

I wouldn't jump to conclusions there, even though this was an AU, CK was about to run into a presidential press conference dressed in his trademark red jacket/blue shirt combo. But as Lois quickly pointed out, he would have stuck out like a "red and blue thumb" in that room with all the suits. Don't get me wrong, it was nice to see him grow some balls and get out there on his own for a change, but could you imagine him trying to act inconspicuous dressed like that? The man just doesn't understand the whole "business attire" concept.

Comment

I don't think it proves that Chloe is holding him back at all. He holds himself back and that is all that is too it. Though I do not agree that Clark has no balls or is a big dumb alien.

I think I've said it before, if Clark did all the work then Chloe wouldn't appear in much of the episodes anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin24
                              I think I've said it before, if Clark did all the work then Chloe wouldn't appear in much of the episodes anymore.
                              Is that a bad thing? He could still run to her evey now and then when he needs a piece of info, but Clark working for himself will make him look smarter. he also would still run to her for personal issues as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎