Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lex's glove

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brainiac on Earth = The Black Ship event. Most probably Lex dealt with Nam-Ek and Ayther.

Comment

Originally posted by Thrill_Seeker
      dont we kinda get our answer from "void" ???
      when lex sees his mother she says "dont let the blood wash away whats left of your soul" and hes like what blood ?!
      and she says "of all the people your going to murder", and then lifts up his left hand and shows the glove. (powerful scene, btw!)

heres what I think it is,
      because he's killed so many people himself, maybe a few times he got blood on his hands (literally) and he wasnt able to wash it off and it stained his hand or something, just a guess.

I also loved how in apocalypse, they showed the earth being destroyed in the same way lex visioned in "scare", with the missiles and rockets; along the farm horizon and the view from space looking at everything being destroyed.

they had nothing with "hourglass", though, with the dead flowers and raining blood.

I think you are right.

Comment

Thanks for the explanation of Lex's black glove. I believe in Onyx, black krytonite made two Lex's with one being good and the other evil. The evil Lex wore a green krytonite ring to use against Clark. It looked like there was a cover on the ring so he could use it when he wanted. If the cover was on, there was no exposure to krytonians. Therefore, in the AU, he could have worn one like it without Kara being aware of it. I don't think Lex trusted anyone no matter who it was and wanted to have something he could protect himself with even his step sister Kara.

Comment

Here's why the Kara theory doesn't work with me:

I don't think he would have used it with Kara, because he explained that's why he had the gun.

It wouldn't surprise her so much about the gun if he had already tried it before with the ring.

Also, since they grew up together and always worked together, it would not have been possible if had wore the ring at any point.

She would have seen he didn't trust her, and the relationship would have ended before this point.

I really think it's just a throwback to the fans.

Comment

The gloved wonder?

Sorry if there's a thread like this already, but does anyone know why Lex was wearing those gloves the whole time??? I just plain didn't get it.

Comment

In the comic books it was due to kryptonite poisoning from lengthy exposure to it during his battles with Superman. I don't know how he would have that issue in "Apocalypse" except if he was experimenting with it since we know there was still a meteor shower.

Comment

Maybe he just liked wearing the gloves.

I took it as showing the evil side of him.

Comment

[Mod Note:] Please search past the first page for your topic,
                  before creating a new thread. Merging with thread already in progress.

Comment

Hang nail. Nasty one.

Comment

Originally posted by rondojo
                      Sorry if there's a thread like this already, but does anyone know why Lex was wearing those gloves the whole time??? I just plain didn't get it.
                      This goes for every1 asking this question

1. its a nod to the comics

2. go watch the sv episode "void" and everything will become clear ( the part where lex looks at his hand and his mothers speech of murder )

Comment

Originally posted by beternal
                        I think most of you would have picked up on the glove Lex was wearing as president... but why was it there?!

In the comics, Lex wore the ring because SUPERMAN was in that reality and he knew kryptonite was harmful to him.

In this reality, Clark/ Superman don't exist yet he still has the irradiated/ deformed/ cancerous hand (hence why he's wearing the glove).

This suggests that Lex has worn the ring and that there was a significant Kryptonian threat at some stage! - Who from? - Kara seems to have befriended him and I doubt she would have if he was constantly crippling her with Kryptonite... so who?!

dude it was just a costume, i think you've read too far into it.

this is smallville!!!!!!! the writing doesn't go that deep.

Comment

lex's glove

i might sound like an idiot here, but why is lex wearing a glove on his hand when he is president?

Comment

what i find ridiculous is the fact that America would never elect a president that wears one sinister black glove LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by SnowBird
                              Thanks for the explanation of Lex's black glove. I believe in Onyx, black krytonite made two Lex's with one being good and the other evil. The evil Lex wore a green krytonite ring to use against Clark. It looked like there was a cover on the ring so he could use it when he wanted. If the cover was on, there was no exposure to krytonians. Therefore, in the AU, he could have worn one like it without Kara being aware of it. I don't think Lex trusted anyone no matter who it was and wanted to have something he could protect himself with even his step sister Kara.
                              I like this answer. Let's face it, AULex wasn't the most trusting guy in the world.

We already know he had kryptonite bullets ready to use on Kara in case she turned on him, so I don't know how folks can think it's unrealistic that he'd never think of putting on a ring to protect himself from Kara in the event of betrayal at some point.

Comment

Originally posted by magoo
                                what i find ridiculous is the fact that America would never elect a president that wears one sinister black glove LOL.
                                america elected george bush...........nuff said

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎