No announcement yet.

Lex's glove

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lex's glove

I think most of you would have picked up on the glove Lex was wearing as president... but why was it there?!

In the comics, Lex wore the ring because SUPERMAN was in that reality and he knew kryptonite was harmful to him.

In this reality, Clark/ Superman don't exist yet he still has the irradiated/ deformed/ cancerous hand (hence why he's wearing the glove).

This suggests that Lex has worn the ring and that there was a significant Kryptonian threat at some stage! - Who from? - Kara seems to have befriended him and I doubt she would have if he was constantly crippling her with Kryptonite... so who?!

I wouldn't read too much into that. I think it was purely symbolic and a shout-out to the fans. I mean, we've seen him in numerous dream sequences, future predictions, etc. where he's worn the glove to foreshadow how evil he would become in the future, so I don't think this is much different.

Comment

I too noticed the glove. He also had it in the episode scare in season 4.

Comment

Yeah it also showed up in Hourglass (S1) and Void (S5)

Comment

So.. Whats with the glove?

First off, I loved the way they showed Lex as the white suited, black hearted President that was in those prophetic visions that appeared in a couple of episodes in the first season, and at first I thought that the black gloves where just a powerful image because of the way they contrasted with the white suit. But he was only wearing one of them.

Did he injure his hand (perhaps in a car accident 7 years ago)? Does anyone have any theories about why he is wearing it?

Comment

Maybe it is a Michael Jackson thing (except Lex likes female adults) and Lex just wears a black glove instead of a white one.

Comment

a kryptonite ring infected his hand, he had it removed

Comment

Yeah, I was definitely very curious about the lone black glove on Lex's right hand. I kind of figured that it had something to do with kryptonite, but the theory about a possible injury do to a car accident from about seven years ago is pretty cool. I like that one a lot. Hopefully somewhere down the line this whole black glove thing will be explained, but I am not going to hold my breath for that one

Comment

dont we kinda get our answer from "void" ???
                  when lex sees his mother she says "dont let the blood wash away whats left of your soul" and hes like what blood ?!
                  and she says "of all the people your going to murder", and then lifts up his left hand and shows the glove. (powerful scene, btw!)

heres what I think it is,
                  because he's killed so many people himself, maybe a few times he got blood on his hands (literally) and he wasnt able to wash it off and it stained his hand or something, just a guess.

I also loved how in apocalypse, they showed the earth being destroyed in the same way lex visioned in "scare", with the missiles and rockets; along the farm horizon and the view from space looking at everything being destroyed.

they had nothing with "hourglass", though, with the dead flowers and raining blood.

Comment

Here's my theory: In the Superman mythos, Lex Luthor had a Kryptonite ring fashioned as proof that not even Superman himself could bring him down. Later on, as a result of prolonged exposure to said ring, he developed cancer and had his hand amputated to stop the spread, replacing it with a prosthetic one. He used the black glove to both cover up the artificial part, as well as, IMO, to look quite distinguished. I'm gonna spare you the rest of the details.

Now, my THEORY is that, because Kara worked for him, and seemed quite afraid to forcefully stand up to him, that Lex HAD, in fact, worn a Kryptonite ring to keep himself safe from Kara...thus resulting in the whole cancer thing, amputation and, ultimately, the very distinguished black glove/white suit scenes in last nights episode.

Comment

Yup! Radiation poisoning from the Kryptonite ring, resulted in amputation of Lex's hand.
                      His black glove hides a prosthetic hand.

Comment

Why did he need to wear a kryptonite ring when only Kara existed?

Comment

It's quite ironic how he was wearing the same exact glove that was shown in 'hourglass' It's really interesting how they took bits and pieces from that and incorporate it into this episode.

Comment

I think they are just throwing a bone to canon, but it really makes no sense.

No Superman=no kryptonite ring=no amputation=no black glove.

Comment

Lex probably wore the kryptonite ring and it ruined his hand. He might have wore just in case Kara did something like try to kill him for example. She was more powerful than him but she did not have the drive to do such a thing. That or he liked green so much that he wore the ring a lot.

Lex did have the kryptonite bullets for a just in case moment.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎