No announcement yet.

Lex's glove

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Randy G.
    Yup! Radiation poisoning from the Kryptonite ring, resulted in amputation of Lex's hand.
    His black glove hides a prosthetic hand.
    Thanks for simplifying the 'black glove' explanation for me. The whole symbolism of it all seems to be rooted in 'Knowledge' of what happened in the Comic Book version. With what you said, and All of you, who connected the dots for me painted a much clearer picture of why the 'single' black glove was used. It had really bothered me about what it meant. I Searched for this thread hoping that others had Also wondered whether there was some Special meaning behind the Black Glove & White Suit. After they'd put it before us so many times, I figured it Had to mean Something.

The Black Glove along with the White Suit first appeared in season 1, "Hourglass". Then again in "Scare" and "Void", but I'm surprised it wasn't in "Lexmas" with his mother's 'Ghost-of-Christmas-Future-like' visitation. Then in Season 7 the whole 'suit & glove' thing appeared in "Apocalypse", but it was also in "Fracture", the White Suit but without the Black Glove. Does the White Suit have a 'special' meaning, too?

I know, just as someone else said, "...maybe we're reading too much into the symbolism of it". Still; if its Significance is so Small, why the Consistency? If it's simply a respectful nod to the fans who've read the comic books who can understand the connection, then I can accept that.

Comment

He is covering up his scarred hand.

Comment

Working...
      X
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎