• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quotes from Apocalypse (SPOILERS)

i wonder if Lex gets shot even in the alternate reality

(During his presidential speech)

*BANG*

Lex: you've gotta be kidding me.

Lois: talk about sweeping a girl off her feet.

Comment

yea lex bing president ...whats up with that

Comment

Originally posted by jesslang
        yea lex bing president ...whats up with that
        Well....Lex Luthor was President in a 1950's or 60"s comic book. In the 1930's and 40's he was an evil super scientist. When the cold war came along and people were dealing with the daily fear of Atom and Hydrogen bombs being dropped Lex Luthor changed to a multi-millionaire who manipulated others to do evil things for him.

Also, in season 1 of SV the epi "Hourglass" included an old, blind woman who could see peoples futures if they placed their hand in hers. At the end of the epi Lex Luthor visits her to have his fortune told and when she takes his hand she sees him in a white suit, in the Oval Office and blood is raining down on the US. The images are so intense she dies in her chair before she can tell Lex what she saw. Lex freaks out a bit, calling for a nurse to come help.

Comment

please, tell the who was the girl who saud that words to Clark!
          about
          "you can´t blame yourself for all the bad in the world", "we need you"!please, who was then? Lois or Chloe?

Comment

Originally posted by kryptonaidxh
            please, tell the who was the girl who saud that words to Clark!
            about
            "you can´t blame yourself for all the bad in the world", "we need you"!please, who was then? Lois or Chloe?
            Chloe.

Comment

Originally posted by berniepooh
              Well....Lex Luthor was President in a 1950's or 60"s comic book. In the 1930's and 40's he was an evil super scientist. When the cold war came along and people were dealing with the daily fear of Atom and Hydrogen bombs being dropped Lex Luthor changed to a multi-millionaire who manipulated others to do evil things for him.

Also, in season 1 of SV the epi "Hourglass" included an old, blind woman who could see peoples futures if they placed their hand in hers. At the end of the epi Lex Luthor visits her to have his fortune told and when she takes his hand she sees him in a white suit, in the Oval Office and blood is raining down on the US. The images are so intense she dies in her chair before she can tell Lex what she saw. Lex freaks out a bit, calling for a nurse to come help.
              Lex became a President in much more modern comics soon. He was impeached just before the modern Kara showed up.

Comment

Lois (to Clark when he bumps into her) : "Clumsy but cute."

Chloe : Clark what happened? (Hugs him). I thought you were gone forever and then a millisecond later, you're perfectly fine.
                Gotta love Chlark

Brainiac (to Clark on Krypton) : There's no yellow sun to charge you here. You're not in Kansas anymore.
                Last edited by IvanDA; 05-05-2008, 11:39 AM. Reason: Adding Quotes

Comment

Yeah, but Braniacs bothered me...I mean, Clark ought to have SOME power in reserves...or else he is the suckiest battery ever.

Comment

Clark: I don't give up!

Comment

Brainiac: You're not in Kansas anymore!

Comment

Lois: (To Clark) You always there when I need a shoulder to cry on and now I'm sad there is nothing I can do.

Chloe: Nice bowtie.
                        Jimmy: Thanks. My ex-girlfriend gave it to me.

Comment

*after being pinned to the wall by Clark*
                          Jimmy: Oh, th--that's a good answer.

Comment

Lois to Clark" Mi desktop es su desktop"

Comment

"When the cold war came along and people were dealing with the daily fear of Atom and Hydrogen bombs being dropped Lex Luthor changed to a multi-millionaire who manipulated others to do evil things for him."

That totally makes sense why you'd think that, and I can see that. But actually, Lex didn't become a multi-billionaire until 1986, when DC Comics was getting bogged down by too many loose ends in their comic book stories and decided to do a revamp of their characters and sort of reinvent them for a more modern world. The first time we saw Lex as the multi-billionaire type character we love to hate from SV was in "The Man of Steel" series by John Byrne.

As far as quotes, SO many great ones, but while we're on the topic of Lex, did anyone catch this one:

"I am the president of the United States!" (he said this quote in a Superman Batman comic in much the same way MR delivered the line here).

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎