No announcement yet.

Clark won't fly to Krypton...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clark won't fly to Krypton...

Clark won't fly to Krypton to stop brainiac, most likely he'll travel through a portal or get there somehow with help or advice from Jor-El. As far as Clark not flying, personally i think it's ridiculous now. The whole legality and no flight rule has been broken for a long time. No one has the rights to say what special effects you can use, personally i think the producers used that as a personal rule, they probably didn't want Smallville to end up being like the old tv series, Lois and Clark. Since Smallville is the progression of Clak Kent discovering who he is, what his destiny is, and how he progresses into becoming Superman.

I do believe they will stay away from the tights rule (again keeping away from the Lois and Clark image), but as for flying, well Clark has already flew. Who cares if he was Kal-El, it was still Tom Welling, as Clark Kent flying...and technically he is Kal-El and always will be, only difference is all his inabitions were let loose, and he had the mindset of a true Kryptonian less human charactertics...all in all he did fly, and they made it look pretty good considering that was a few years ago.

He doesn't have to suit up, but really they could come up with a storyline where Ollie (green arrow) makes Clark a suit....it could be all black with no cape, with the S in the middle, or even the 8 sign to represent the house of EL...they've already used symbolics to the standard S in the triangle shape, so i'm sure it would be ok to put it on a suit. They could make it look like the batman suit, like in Batman begins...not tights, but more like slightly thicker leather or some other material, something that looks cool like the batman suit in Batman begins...no cape, maybe a mask to cover just his eyes, like the one he wore when he dressed up as the Green Arrow...Smallville could come up with there own suit, make it more Kryptonian like, that way they'd have the rights to the design...it would be like Kal-El dressed in black, except this time Clark would have cool looking gear to put on when he's out saving the world....I think in the comics, when superman revived after the doomsday series, he came back in a black suit, with a silver or white crest of the "S" symbol, i think those were more like tights, but I'm thinking maybe Smallville could take something like that and create something good from it.

Personally others have flow, sure Clark has mastered his other abiliities, heat vision in particularily (showing Kara how to control her hearing, heat vision-carved a face on the melon, used microscopic heatvision to find the tracking device in chloe, used intense heatvision to stop the crapload of water that was coming towards the son/father when the dam was destroyed, as well as his contol with heatvision to warm up jimmy/lois), strength has been shown, and clark knows the sun makes him even stronger, surely he has no fear of flights, he jumped on a rocket and fell from space). I think it's just timing that they have him fly, but showing float or having landing control when he jumps would be ideal, or something builds up to him realizing he can fly if he focuses or truely grasps his Kryptonian abilities, and stops holding back from realizing his destiny.

I'm not sure if Lois and Clark was produced by DC comics or waht, but they got away with using the whole Superman image...maybe Smallville doesn't have the rights to have Clark in the superman suit, doesn't mean they can't have him in a suit of there own, even if in the last episode, we just see Clark ripping his shirt open displaying the typical superman suit...we don't see him actually in it but it would give the audience the impression that Clark has completed his training and fully grasped his kryptonian herritage, and destiny....no need to see Tom welling in the full fledged superman outfit, but i'm sure it's just a matter of time before we see flight, they know it's what the audience has been waiting for, i don't think it's a matter of IF they'll do it, I think it's a matter of WHEN they'll do it....they'll build up to it, and hopefully use some good CGI and budget to make it look even better than they did a few years ago (which was good in my opinion), and worthwhile for the viewers to wait for this to happen.

I don't think DC is against the tights as much as it was Al/Miles not wanting to make the show about Superman, but rather about Clark becoming Superman.

IMO, changing Clark's suit for Smallville is nothing short of blasphemy...I mean, come on, that suit hasn't changed really since the forties. I say give us a moment with suited Clark at the very end of the show (after all, what would be the point of a show about Clark becoming Superman if we don't actually see him become Superman?)

Comment

I'll bet you that he will fly by the end of the season? I bet that he will fly to krypton!

Comment

He can't even master flying 5 feet, and you think he's going to fly not only to a distant galaxy, but a distant galaxy 20 years ago?!

The vortex closed. He won't be going the way Kara and Brainiac did, at least.

Comment

Originally posted by HowardFilms
          He can't even master flying 5 feet, and you think he's going to fly not only to a distant galaxy, but a distant galaxy 20 years ago?!

The vortex closed. He won't be going the way Kara and Brainiac did, at least.
          Opinion, we will wait to see what happens!

Comment

The flying's rule is ridiculous now,it's time for him to learn to fly.Come on with only one year left in this series.He will use a vortex to go on Krypton but,he will have fly to stop Brainiac this time.

Comment

Yeah. It was tolerable up until the end of Season 5.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin24
                Opinion, we will wait to see what happens!
                The vortex in space being closed isn't an opinion, it's fact. It was stated to now be gone and hence Clark can't go to Krypton's past that way, even if he could fly. He'll need to find another way.

Considering Al/Miles are leaving with the end of Season 7, hopefully the flight rule will be done away with in Season 8. Because, shoot; no Lionel, very limited Lex (& Lana, but really, that's a blessing!), the prospect of the show apparently being "now like Lois & Clark" according to the leftover writers, the show won't have much going for it. Aside, of course, for it finally being the year where Clark mans up and decides to leave his Sunnydale-like farm town and become the man of tomorrow. For the last season, especially considering Clark'll be well into his early 20s (physically 23 by the end), we'd better see some damned flight, it's really making him look handicapped! *cough-Jor-El, Zod, Kara-cough!*

Comment

Originally posted by SSJConan
                  *cough-Jor-El, Zod, Kara-cough!*
                  Don't forget Zor-El!

Comment

Accutally if you guys recall he did fly in season 4 as Kal El and again in season 5 I think it was to stop the missile this is alittle off topic but does any think that Lex will found out Clarks secret since we know hes leaving at the end of season 7? Let me know your thoughts on this thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Brain WT
                      Accutally if you guys recall he did fly in season 4 as Kal El and again in season 5 I think it was to stop the missile this is alittle off topic but does any think that Lex will found out Clarks secret since we know hes leaving at the end of season 7? Let me know your thoughts on this thanks.

Yeah!I know but,it was Kal-El completly reprogrammed by Jor-El who flew in season 4 openning and some fans will tell you that was a superjump that Clark did to stop the missile in season 5(I don't beleive it for a second)
                      Last edited by Sweetie; 04-29-2008, 10:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweetie
                        Yeah!I know but,it was Kal-El completly reprogrammed by Jor-El who flew in season 4 openning and some fans will tell you that was a superjump that Clark did to stop the missile in season 5(I don't beleive it for a second)
                        He did seem to have total control of himself and he landed exactly where he wanted. He did superjump but I think he guided himself really well.

Seems he can maneuver himself in midair

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin24
                          He did seem to have total control of himself and he landed exactly where he wanted. He did superjump but I think he guided himself really well.

Seems he can maneuver himself in midair
                          That doesn't mean he was a robot obeing Jor-El's orders.Jor-El reprogrammed his son's system,to be totally kryptonian so he was able to fly.As for the superjump,Superman does that all the time,he takes a bounce and he flies away.The missile was too high,he totally flew to catch it.
                          Last edited by Sweetie; 04-29-2008, 11:50 AM.

Comment

I'm wondering if Clark even needs to go to Krypton, I guess we'll see.

As for getting there, it would be through the FOS, I'm sure of that, the way Braniac went appears closed now. I think Jor-el could send Clark if Jor-el thinks he needs to go.

Comment

Too bad Clark blew up his spaceship, but he probably wouldn't still fit in it. Clark is not going to fly all the way to Krypton 20 years ago - that's silly - but I think he'll fly either at the end of this season or not too far into next season.
                              Regarding the Superman costume, there have been a few variations in the comics over the years, but no one could really accept them, so they always come back to the same basic design. I wouldn't be surprised if on Smallville they come up with a costume that uses the same colors but is not tights. Tom Welling doesn't really want to wear tights, but on the other hand he's been naked on the show, so what's his complaint about tights? I don't see any need for him to be in tights to look like Superman, though. I'm curious about how they will do the cape!

----- Added 4 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by Sweetie
                              That doesn't mean he was a robot obeing Jor-El's orders.Jor-El reprogrammed his son's system,to be totally kryptonian so he was able to fly.As for the superjump,Superman does that all the time,he takes a bounce and he flies away.The missile was too high,he totally flew to catch it.
                              Yeah, that looked like flying to me, & when he carried Lois to the top of that building in "Crimson" it looked like flying, but then when he jumped off the building to catch Lana in "Action" he destroyed that car he landed on! Superman is so messy! They keep saying Clark doesn't know how to fly yet, though, so I guess we have to accept that those were super-jumps...
                              Last edited by dunkman; 04-29-2008, 11:57 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎