• Yes. I don't have a problem with her.

112 43.92%
  • Not really. I can't stand her.

143 56.08%
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Incurable Postaholic alejandrita439's Avatar
    i really dont hate her,, but i hate clana

Quote Originally Posted by skizzo View Post
    SweetOne i disagree with you 100%. But then you've been a hater since the beginning so i'm not even gonna bother arguing.
    I kind of have an issue with being called a "hater". See maybe it's just my perception of that phrase but I always thought "haters" were people who disliked a character but didn't really have any evidence to back up their opinion. They say stuff like-

"Ugh!! I hate Lana. She is dumb."
    "Lana is really ugly."
    "I wish Lana would just die off the show!!"
    "Lana sucks, no way should Clark be with her."

"Haters" use statements like these that really have no valid reasoning as to "why" they don't like a character, they just like to spout off really agressive posts. That and a "hater" usually will insult the character in many threads across a message board even if the thread doesn't pertain to it. They just like to make offensive comments about the character. To me, THAT is a hater.

I don't feel I did that. I logically stated several different personal reasons of why I have never liked the Lana character. That is what this thread is about right? Do you like Lana? Just because someone answers NO does not make them a hater. So please refrain from calling me that.

Quote Originally Posted by alejandrita439 View Post
    i really dont hate her,, but i hate clana
    I second this!

Quote Originally Posted by SweetOne View Post
    I kind of have an issue with being called a "hater". See maybe it's just my perception of that phrase but I always thought "haters" were people who disliked a character but didn't really have any evidence to back up their opinion. They say stuff like-

"Ugh!! I hate Lana. She is dumb."
    "Lana is really ugly."
    "I wish Lana would just die off the show!!"
    "Lana sucks, no way should Clark be with her."

"Haters" use statements like these that really have no valid reasoning as to "why" they don't like a character, they just like to spout off really agressive posts. That and a "hater" usually will insult the character in many threads across a message board even if the thread doesn't pertain to it. They just like to make offensive comments about the character. To me, THAT is a hater.

I don't feel I did that. I logically stated several different personal reasons of why I have never liked the Lana character. That is what this thread is about right? Do you like Lana? Just because someone answers NO does not make them a hater. So please refrain from calling me that.
    Very well said...I'm a HUGE Lana lover but I thought your post was very well written in defending your case.

It is however easy to be thrown in certain categories here on this site when concerning Lana...ur either with her or against her...and if you are against her, 9 times out of 10 you will be considered a hater. lol

any way back to topic....
    I like Lana...I probably already said that in a previous post but no harm in saying it again!

I never really liked Lana much. In the early seasons I found her boring, needy, and a bit fickle. In later seasons she became annoying. I couldn't relate to her at all.

And I am not really much of a shipper, but the Clana ship just seemed so boring and a bit mundane. I love Clark's friendship with Chloe and Lois; maybe if he had a similar relationship with Lana I may have liked her better. But Clark's obsession with her just made me dislike her more.

Totally Obsessed jimmyolsenblues's Avatar
    from episode 1-99, liked her, i did not understand why they spent so much screen time for her, but i did not mind her.
    in episode 100 , where she leaves the kent part to comfort a drunken lex...and the beginning of lexana in my opinion, i did not like her.

I like Lana, there have been episodes and things that the character has done that bugged me, but I've always liked her. (I have the same feelings for Clark too )

Registered
    absolutely!!!

i watched smallville for 7 years because of her!!!

Lana was fine in season 1 and 2. Seriously i didn't mind her at all, in fact i admittedly like her in season 1.

It just feels to me that she has no usefullness in the show anymore. The writers keep throwing her back with clark and then with other random characters like lex and giving her pointless reasons to stay in the show. They used her alot as the damsel at first, then tried making her a villain with the countess, then had her marry lex now she's trying to punish lex or whatever. It's all pointless and irritating. Anything the writers do with her is irrelevent and painful to watch

Quote Originally Posted by michelleMedenilla View Post
    absolutely!!!

i watched smallville for 7 years because of her!!!
    agreed

I like Lana. I always have.
    Granted, i don't like what they've done to her character over the past few seasons, but Lana is still likeable to me.

I think if it was any other actress portraying her with the storylines she's given, i would despise her. But KK does it so well.

I agree with what alejandrita439 says about Clana. I can't remember the episode but it was during the fourth season - Spell i think it was? Where Lana was protrayed as a confident young lady and that to me made her as sexy as hell. The way she walked, wore her clothes and looked kinda made me excited .
    But when the writers interact her with Clark, her continuous troubled looks became annoying and there was just far too much angst between the two characters. To the point after two seasons, I was saying enough already and decide to stop watching the show until season 4.
    I just think that the show runners did a poor job with Lana and Clark relationship which did not reflect fairly off Lana. Then she had a couple of good episodes during season 4 in which my appreciation of Lana grew but then during season 5 and 6, the writers threw in the angst again and screw up her character.
    Last edited by Lazy Boy; 08-08-2008 at 04:03 PM.

Lana and Clana rock! haha Sorry if the haters don't like what I have to say but that's too bad.. haha

I don't hate Lana. I have liked her since the beginning & up until episode 100. From then on in season 5 I only cared for her. Didn't cared that much for her relationship with Lex for the second half of season 5. In S6 I began slowly caring for her again starting with Hydro & to the end of the season.

So in short- I have mix feelings about her.

Quote Originally Posted by Vergon6 View Post
    I have mixed feelings about Lana. I think I probably liked her most in Season 4 and 5. But there are times, especially in Season 6 and Season 7 where she just rubs me the wrong way. It's hard to explain.

ITA ITA ITA

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast