No announcement yet.

OMG!! Another Product Placement??

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

That Dell XPS looked pretty sweet.

The Strideville strikes again! I don't have a hard time equating this episode with Hero, both in relevance and in worth.

Comment

i'm happy with the prodcut placement still being around, as long as the gum storyline dissapears... it's the lesser of two evils

Comment

I saw the gum, but what's funny is that Stride gum (my new favorite gum now, thanks to Smallville!), had been on the show even before the episode "Hero" premiered! I was watching the rerun of "Siren" and as Miss Canary lady is looking through Chloe's desk, there is a yellow package of Stride gum by Chloe's cell phone. I guess the only reason people really notice the gum now is because of "Hero," because I sure wouldn't have thought twice about that pack of gum had I never seen One Republic performing at the Stride factory.

Comment

I sure saw it! I watch SV every Thurs. with a group of people. We all just looked at each other and sighed rolling our eyes in disbelief.

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Jor-El
            Oh yeah, and I always notice the back side computer monitors...when you see DELL prominently displayed...can it be any more obvious?

Would Chloe REALLY say, "....here, take my Yaris"??????
            hey I would.... if I had one
            maybe not

Comment

Originally posted by kal-el_Girl
              hey I would.... if I had one
              maybe not
              I have one. And I do. When you have a yaris, saying "car" just loses its appeal.

I always refer to my car as "my yaris."
              "Let's take my Yaris!"
              "Oh, I left that book in my Yaris"
              "My Yaris is almost out of gas."

thankfully, I don't have to say that last one too often.
              Last edited by maryjanewatson; 04-27-2008, 03:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bosrudorfer
                We learned about this recently in marketing class, turns out maybe it makes the person turn against the product, the gentlemen put it simply: People like crap. We have TV crap. We have product crap. Separate we have accepted in terms of commericals, but do not mix the two (prodcut crap into TV crap)
                now that's interesting. I remember learning something like that back in high school (a new study had come out saying that repeated exposure to a product tends to actually make people turn against it because the connect with it with being 'bombarded' with it and hence
                connect it with the annoyance they feel).
                Someone needs to let Smallville (and by extension The CW (Gossip Girl ads run every 3 seconds, anyone?) know about this.

Comment

Not only does over exposer to product placement make me hate products, but stupid commercials do to. When a commercial is so stupid that it makes me want to hit the person who made it repeatedly, I really don't want to buy the product from people who thought that commercial was worthy.

Comment

Oh yeah, I noticed it! I thought "Boy, Stride gum must be underwriting the SV budget in a BIG way. Product placement that heavy and constant is NOT cheap for the advertiser.

Comment

Really hoping the Stride gum arc is cleared up by the finale

At least Jimmy didn't use the gum as a weapon.

Comment

The Stride gum arc LMAO!

Comment

Originally posted by HowardFilms
                          Really hoping the Stride gum arc is cleared up by the finale

At least Jimmy didn't use the gum as a weapon.

Ok, now I have a mental picture of Jimmy a la Tom Cruise in Mission: Impossible (the original) shouting "Red light! Green Light!"
                          *collapses into giggles*

Comment

Chloe should have used some Stride to stick the Veritas key under her desk drawer, instead of in it.

Comment

Promoting sticking ones gum under furniture my be bad for sales, much worse than radioactive sludge flowing through your factory.

Comment

Originally posted by clana4everfan2
                                Yeah I saw that too. LOL! Next they'll have Clark drinking Smart Water to gain his knowledge of learning how to fly.

More like Powerade, or Vitamin water.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎