No announcement yet.

Chloe finally over clark

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ginnyfan
    I think Jimmy is good hearted and trustworthy. I think he's been a great boyfriend to Chloe and deserves not to be lied to. I agree to disagree with those who claim that Jimmy has a roving eye. Kara came on to him.
    Do you remember Kara in fierce at the Talon and Jimmy's jaw practically dropped when he spotted her, no, it's been a two-way street between Kara and Jimmy, and he did that while Chloe watched in despair. The Karimmy were dating. You can't expect Chloe to act like everythings's OK just because Kara lost her memory. I'm sure she is concerned that Jimmy still has an interest in Kara now that her memory is back, oops, she's missing again. You get the point.

Comment

^I agree to disagree.

Originally posted by Kalista
      I agree that is a great post, Ginnyfan!
      You do?

*is gobsmacked*

Thanks.

Comment

^I agree to disagree.
        Well, it would be really nice if you had an example to back that up. As I have plenty of examples where Karimmy were dating.

Comment

according to some of the people on this thread i'm not a very nice person

seriously, Chloe has only even slept with one person her whole life... anyone who could call her a user is being ridiculously harsh and ignorant if you ask me

Comment

I think Chloe loves Jimmy in a way, but the passion just isn't there. And they are both seeing it, as per their conversation at the beginning of the last show.

Maybe she remembers the passion they used to have, and is confusing that (wishful thinking) with the love she still has for Jimmy as a friend. Haven't you ever tried to keep a relationship going after it really should have ended? You just keep hoping it will get better? Because you remember all the special times you shared?

She is totally committed and passionate about her work with/for Clark and the Justice League. Maybe because (as someone suggested) this is her life work, her way to make a difference in the world. Maybe because of her deep and abiding love for Clark - and while she without question loves him as a friend, and used to love him romantically, even she might not know all the shades of her love for Clark today. (And, BTW, I am not rooting for any one relationship, though I have to say I think Clana has seriously run its course.)

But in her passion and excitement for her Superhero work - which is cool, and challenging, and cutting edge, and a little weird (all things that Chloe adores, by the way), I think Jimmy gets lost in the shadows sometimes. He can't compete.

I have had a job I LOVED and was passionate about - and sure, you try to have balance, you try to be fair, etc. but sometimes it kinda takes over your life and you find yourself thinking about it as you drift off to sleep, and in the shower, and so forth. I wonder how much of Chloe's spark and aliveness with Clark is Clark himself, and how much is the work they do together? And Jimmy is a nice guy, but he'll never have that level of challenge and excitement that she is finding elsewhere right now. I don't know that that makes her a user, per se - maybe a little obsessed with her work and incredibly loyal to her friends....

Comment

I think Jimmy is good hearted and trustworthy. I think he's been a great boyfriend to Chloe and deserves not to be lied to. I agree to disagree with those who claim that Jimmy has a roving eye. Kara came on to him. And his admiration of Lois wasn't any worse that Chloe's admiration of Oliver, or any other superhero. They are filled with geeky admiration when it comes to superheroes and journalism. I think that there's more going on than Jimmy's behavior when people say that he's this low down dirty dog of a boyfriend and Chloe doesn't trust him anymore. Maybe Chlark devotion, I don't know. I don't think Jimmy is a victim but Chloe does keep him in the dark and prioritize Clark higher than her relationship with Jimmy. Jimmy doesn't know that Chloe is saving the world as Clark's sidekick. So of course he'll be suspicious.

Chloe is with Jimmy because she loves him. Maybe things aren't going as smoothly as they were before "Cure", but Chloe still loves Jimmy and wants him in her life, or he wouldn't be around. She's in love with him. IMO.

With Clark, things get complicated. He's like this god figure. He was her first love in a high school crush sort of way, then she hero worshiped him and then at the beginning of season 5 he was her EVERYTHING. During Season 6 I think Chloe started to compartmentalize. She closed the door on romance with Clark. I think she stopped hoping for that. But as she says herself it only takes a look from Clark to get her working for him 100%. She loves him. She'd climb mountains for him. But do I think she's writing about him in her journal and putting hearts around his name? No I think she saves that part of herself for Jimmy. For now.

Clark is a part of Chloe's life mission. What gets her up in the morning, what makes her feel that she's making a difference in the world. There's no getting over that aspect of her relationship with Clark. That's deep but it's no longer entangled with Chloe's romantic love or her romantic hopes anymore. Now she can laugh about Clana and sympathize. She couldn't in Season 5 when that door to her romantic hopes with Clark was still open. But working with Clark and being his friend is still a huge part of her life. But what Chloe needs to learn as I'm sure soldiers and doctors and firefighters and secret service people and CIA agents learn is balance.

Yeah Chloe, you've got a mission with people you love and would die for. It's important to the world. But you still have to let your family and friends and boyfriend know that they are important to you too. Having a huge important mission doesn't give you a free pass when it comes to neglecting your loved ones.

I can understand getting a kick out of belittling Chimmy and Jimmy and imagining that she's whispering Clark's name. But in reality that would make Chloe a lying user. And that's not Chloe Sullivan. She's not the type of person that would use someone for sex. She'd just let Jimmy know that she wasn't feeling him anymore and she'd go to her local adult toy store for any supplements for her Clark fantasies. She wouldn't have to listen to Jimmy's whining or worry about making lame excuses.

But no. Her time with Jimmy has made her happy. His love and friendship has helped carry her through some of the hardest times in her life. She wants him to be part of her life. But as of now she's stretched to the limit working for Clark and the Justice League and isn't willing/able to give a little to placate/reassure Jimmy.

That's how I see it.
              Excellent post, ginnyfan, as always! You have expressed the feeling I get from their dynamic exactly. I think they are adorable together. Here's hoping that the Chloe/Jimmy/Kara-triangle thing (if that's what it was) is gone forever.

Comment

You do?

*is gobsmacked*

Thanks.
                Why are you gobsmacked? You frequently write nice posts. I didn't say that I agree with everything in your post but it was still really nice. BTW, I don't think that Clark is a "god figure" to Chloe. That implies that she worships the ground that he walks on and I don't think that is the case. She loves him but implying that she worships him in some way detracts from the beauty of their relationship.

Comment

I hope so for her own sake. Its time for Chloe to move on (which i think she has). Clark will never love her as more than just friends. Their friendship is great though Chimmy or [SPOILER] CHEORGE [/SPOILER] is the future, hence the way forward.
                  I really wanna see Chloe happy with a guy that puts her first (rather than a back pocket or a 'go find it' girl)
                  Last edited by DGirlLois4Clark; 04-30-2008, 06:12 AM.

Comment

I agree that Chloe is not using Jimmy and I agree that he really wants things to work out with Chloe. I do, however, believe that Climmy is more important to Jimmy than it is to Chloe and that's not to say that Climmy isn't important to Chloe. It is. But, Jimmy seems more juvenile than Chloe and in a maturity sense not Chloe's equal. I have the opinion, when it comes to Jimmy, that is he more ready for a high school kind of relationship though he clearly is old enough for an adult relationship. And no, having sex doesn't make a relationship adult. Sex makes a relationship complilcated sometimes.

Comment

• Originally posted by minerva73
                      Chloe pines over Clark? Chloe hasn't once sat by herself with a bucket of ice cream crying and said "He's the reason for the teardrops on my guitar" or anything like that. And she's pining over Clark Kent now? Since when?

And as for Jimmy, he does one little thing and he tries for Chloe? This is the same guy who makes her breakfast and then all of a sudden believes she's a terrorist. This is the same guy who takes her out to the Talon and then next thing he's eating dinner with a Kryptonian girl. This is the same guy who gets her all these gifts for Valentine's Day and then breaks up with her the next episode because he can't get over his jealousy issues.
                      Totally agree with you, minerva73. And if Chloe was over Clark would she be screaming "I love your son," in the FOS? The issue's unresolved, just like all the other relationship issues in SV. I still can't believe we have Clana with Lana in a coma!

Comment

• Originally posted by minerva73
                        Chloe pines over Clark? Chloe hasn't once sat by herself with a bucket of ice cream crying and said "He's the reason for the teardrops on my guitar" or anything like that. And she's pining over Clark Kent now? Since when?
                        I missed this post! Too funny! The assertion that Chloe pines over Clark should be laid to rest along with several other arguments.

Comment

• I'm a little late to this thread but I wanted to get my two cents in. Chloe is in no way over Clark. Here's a list of times where Chloe was clearly jealous or sad that Clark wasn't with her (from most recent)

Season 7:
                          "Traveler" - Chloe says to Jor-El "I love your son!". Of course, this could be taken as she loves him as a friend but it didn't seem that way.

Season 6:
                          "Phantom" - Clark tells Chloe that he told Lana his secret. Her expression is unmistakably sad. She's clearly not happy about it and when Clark leaves, the camera stays on her face showing her unhappiness.

"Promise" - Chloe tells Clark to go stop Lana from marrying Lex and when he zips away she looks sad again. Her eyes almost look glossy like she's welling up.

There's more but I'll post them later.

Comment

• I doubt she's completely over Clark, she claims to be, but deep down she might have still those romantic feelings towards him. I know it.

Comment

• I think that Apocalypse made it fairly clear that if Chloe did not have Clark Kent in her life, she would happily be with someone else. That episode shows us that Clark is the obvious obstacle for Chloe and her relationships, and that her feelings for Clark still run deep, even if she does not openly admit them anymore (even to herself).

There is a quote that says "you never fall out of love with someone, you just learn to live without them."

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎