• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ginnyfan
    "This hacking is way beyond my capability."

2 seconds pass.

"But I guess I've got to grow up sometime."

???

Either it's beyond your knowledge or not. That's what I'm saying.
    It's beyond her current knoweldge. Chloe seems like the type of person who is always learning and will try to leanr what seems beyond her reach type of things.

----- Added 4 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by mcgairman
    Chloe's "intelligence" is not, IMO, OOC. here's why:
    1) She's always been shown as intelligent and curious about things.
    2) She's was a scholarship student to Met U.
    3) That inmplies high grades.
    4) If you are going to college these days and like computers and computer subjects, then you take the 'ACADEMIC' courses which includes science and math (ie., chemistry, physics, and math through at least pre-calculus).
    5) Chloe, if she's smart, does not limit herself in study because a good Journalist would have to a LOT anbout a lot of things.
    6) CHloe also has long had a keen insterest in the "out there" type of subjects, which naturally leads to academic studies in the realm of the various hard scinece and math subjects.
    7) Therefore, this kind of knowledge is not out of the realm of possibility for an intelligent young woman.

You guys are too harsh on Chloe. I think she's one of the best characters in the show. Now Clark, on the other hand, is truly the BDA, most of the time.

Plus when you're in collge you need to have a basic course load that is not with in your major that includes math and science. Besides, her best friends an alien it's not that far of stretch that she would want to learn more about science and astronomy. Chloe has always been really curious and I think that includes that she has been curious about science as well. She told Lois that she reads the scintific journal.

----- Added 6 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by Twitch
    Trust me it's getting on my nerves too, but I think they're going over the top with Chloe having to help him with everything, he's too dependent on her, they need to tone it back a little if they want us to take him seriously.
    Yes, but she made a point to show him there are some things she just couldn't do. Sure she learned how to hack higher level things but she drawed the line when Clark wanted Chloe to read Kryptonian.

----- Added 9 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by miks
    I agree with that soo much! But what I don't agree with is a lot of people saying Chloe needs to die for Clark to do anything on his own. I think the AU with Chloe dying proves that if she did, he'd be screwed. I honestly think Chloe should try and push him more to do things on his own. They can still be partners and help each other out but I really do want him to do a little bit more on his own, because season after season he's getting worse. I think it was one episode where Chloe was like no Clark I have things to do, do it yourself. But it didn't stick, or maybe that was that cure episode. I don't remember.
    I think Chloe has. In this ep Clark would have done nothing but hold Lana's hand if Chloe didn't tell him to read Dr. Swann's journal.
    Last edited by chlo-el; 04-25-2008, 09:28 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

She's too busy helping Clark look for Brainiac to have any time to keep watching Lex to the point that she could have been arrested and sent to jail for doing so. How does this make her a moron?

Comment

She's too busy helping Clark look for Brainiac to have any time to keep watching Lex to the point that she could have been arrested and sent to jail for doing so. How does this make her a moron?
        I thought they had a clear divison of labor.

Chloe: Look for Brainiac.
        Clark: Follow Lex, get the keys.

Sadly, Clark got distracted by Lana's shiny, shiny coma hair and did not do his job. What a BDA.

Comment

Originally posted by minerva73
          This was inspired by Darth Pipes thread.

In "Wrath", Chloe found out that Lana built the Isis Foundation to spy on Lex. If Chloe's so worried about Lex, then why can't she use Isis for what it was built for and spy on Lex to stop him? She was so bent on nagging Clark about why he's not doing anything when she was capable of doing something too. Even if she did unplug Lana's connection to Lex, she has the ability to plug it back in and spy on Lex.

I dunno, but I felt that she could have done more than complain about how much Clark wants Lana.
          Didn't Lex find out that Chloe was spying on him? If so, that would give him the advantage in countering her.

Comment

I don't mind Chloe being smart. I'm glad that she's smart. But I also think that they push it sometimes, like there's pretty much nothing she doesn't know (or can't find out in 2.5 seconds).

I'm not saying that she shouldn't be smart, but I do wish every once and a while, there should be a scene where Chloe's like, "Well, I found this information, but I've looked over it a thousand times and I really don't understand it, so I'm gonna have to call someone in on this."

Again, I don't mind that she's incredibly intelligent. But I don't care who you are; I'm willing to bet there's at least a few topics that Stephen Hawkings would look at and think, "Huh?" There are a number of brilliant people in the world, but they're not brilliant at EVERY topic.

That's where it draws the line of believability for me. I could buy her being brilliant at a handful of topics that come up - everyone had things in school that came naturally to them, so her saying that "electricity denatures enzymes" would have been fine (though bio 101 my rear). So she was really good at science in school.

But is there a single subject or topic that she's ever once gone, "You know, Clark...I'm good at physics, biology, astronomy, astrophysics, cryptography, computer science... but, seriously, math just isn't my thing."

I don't think that it would make her a weaker character; I think it would make her a more believable character. Like I said, nobody is good at every subject out there on the planet. Plus, it's not like it would be so difficult to pull off. You could see that she's still developing that "network" and they could even have a little fun with those few things that Chloe just isn't very good at.

I like my characters with flaws. All kinds of flaws. I don't want Chloe to be stupid, but I would like one or two areas that Chloe's just a bit at a loss. I'd love to see her deal with it, acknowledging that she doesn't know the area but finding a way to help out anyway.

Any, that's JMHO.

Comment

Originally posted by ginnyfan
              "This hacking is way beyond my capability."

2 seconds pass.

"But I guess I've got to grow up sometime."

???

Either it's beyond your knowledge or not. That's what I'm saying.
              It was beyond her knowledge. Ultimately she wasn't able to hack in remotely.

Comment

Originally posted by minerva73
                If Chloe really wanted to make Clark feel that he should stop Lex, then she should have used Isis for what it was meant for. To spy on Lex. Maybe if she showed Clark some clips of how depraved Lex was, then it would show Clark that he shouldn't spend all his time with Lana, but he should also focus at the situation at hand. Instead she just complained about how dangerous he was and then she went on her own way.
                The thing you're missing is, the show clearly portrayed Lana's spying on Lex as a bad thing. Actually, this has been one of the few things the show has been pretty consistent about: that spying on someone's every move is wrong and obsessive. That's why Chloe cut the feed, and that's why nobody is using it to their advantage anymore. It isn't very practical, but it is a statement the show has clearly made.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Pipes
                  Didn't Lex find out that Chloe was spying on him? If so, that would give him the advantage in countering her.
                  Thank God someone pointed the obvious. Chloe couldn't have spied on Lex because he cut off Lana's connection to the surveillance system right after Wrath I believe.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎