No announcement yet.

Clark the moron

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cogito17
    The last thing he said in 'Descent' was (in response to Lex hurting anyone else), "He won't get the chance, I won't let him". Then the very first thing he says in this episode is something along the lines of "Lex isn't important".
    Everything Clark says is BS.

He's usually 95% talk, 5% action.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperJedi
      The writers on this show really sucks!

They just create some plot they want to, even it doesn't make ANY Good sense at all!
      yeah they could have wrote a plot with Clark doing what he did without making him seem like such a moron just by changing a few points, but i guess it was more important to show how much he loves Lana

Comment

People, we need to WRITE these writers tell them they NOT writing good! Go back to strike and think up of great plots before getting back!!!

Comment

Has anybody else found themselves saying enough is enough already this season with regards to Clark. Come on writers our hero has been anything but lately, and every single time we get a hint at that happening they rip it away again and make him look so average. I am all for making Clark go through all these things to help shape his future role but man, IMO enough is enough!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Xziled_Zoner
            Has anybody else found themselves saying enough is enough already this season with regards to Clark. Come on writers our hero has been anything but lately, and every single time we get a hint at that happening they rip it away again and make him look so average. I am all for making Clark go through all these things to help shape his future role but man, IMO enough is enough!!!!
            Technically, every SV character is who they are supposed to be in the Superman mythology now...besides Clark

Lex is the MB from the comics, Lois and Jimmy are now a team at the Daily Planet... but Clark is still crying over Lana and embarassing himself.

It's usually one step forward, two steps back.. with Clark.

Comment

Originally posted by Minela
              What kind of a Superman puts the entire world in danger because he is holding Lana's hand all night long? !
              Answer: Chris Reeve's Superman in Superman II (except substitute the word Lois for Lana).

Comment

Originally posted by minerva73
                I agree. But who can blame him? Brainiac's just as much of a threat as Lex is, so since Lana's under Brainiac's control, then he could think that he can get some message from Brainiac?
                I blame the stupid idiotic writers for this one

Comment

It does seem that Clark is having Chloe do the superhero job. He hangs with Lana while she goes after Brainiac and Kara. What is up with that? I understand that he is going through an emotional time and all, but Chloe seems to be putting her emotions (with regards to Jimmy) on the back burner for Clark so why can't Clark put his emotions on the back-burner too. And really, how productive is sitting with Lana all night. He knows that isn't going to help solve anything.

Comment

This was just horrible writing, and really out of character for Clark, IMO. I get that TW was busy directing Apocalypse, but there as no reaosn to make Clark look this bad. The writers dropped the ball big time.

Comment

I'm normally not one to complain, but I can't help but feel a little bit letdown with this as a follow up to 'Descent'. I understand its a bit of a set up/filler episode, but one thing that bothered me was the way Clark downplayed Lex at the beginning of this episode.

The last thing he said in 'Descent' was (in response to Lex hurting anyone else), "He won't get the chance, I won't let him". Then the very first thing he says in this episode is something along the lines of "Lex isn't important". I understand when things people say don't necessarily line up perfectly with other things said from several seasons ago, but to have Clark completely contradict himself with basically 2 scenes in between (the final scene in Descent, first scene in this episode) is pretty weak.

Also, they seemed to play up the rivalry and really set the stage for enmity between Clark and Lex, and then he completely ignores Lex as a threat in the next episode... just seems like a big letdown.

There are many ways they could have portrayed it. For example, Clark wants to deal with Brainiac first because he is threatening other people, Lex's trouble is more aiming at Clark, in which case Clark could be seen as being selfless, but instead they had a complete contradiction which I didn't like.

The funny thing about what everone is writing about clark. Yes clark should've been concerned about what lex may find. But like anyone else..doesn't matter if he superman or not....is controled by something that will always dominated our logical judgement...something that is more powerful than superman or evil or anything else that we know of....what he feels for lana......LOVE....that's why he stayed with lana instead of persuing lex. do you know any one who's in love that wouldn't have done what clark did.

Comment

how can clark worry about lana "zombie" lang in times like this and let chloe do the whole dirty work, where the heck was clark again in this eppy????????????

Comment

Originally posted by Jo-jo
                          The funny thing about what everone is writing about clark. Yes clark should've been concerned about what lex may find. But like anyone else..doesn't matter if he superman or not....is controled by something that will always dominated our logical judgement...something that is more powerful than superman or evil or anything else that we know of....what he feels for lana......LOVE....that's why he stayed with lana instead of persuing lex. do you know any one who's in love that wouldn't have done what clark did.
                          I would have been ok with that explanation if Clark hadn't said point blank as his last words in the previous episode that he wasn't gonna let Lex hurt anyone. I would have been ok if he had just said that he needs to take care of Brainiac first to protect others, but he completely contradicted himself by saying he doesn't care about Lex.

Comment

Quote:
                            Originally Posted by Darth Pipes
                            Clark showed how much of a dumb bastard he was tonight. He's allowing Lex to acquire something that will put him under Lex's control. He's allowing an evil maniac to acquire the ultimate weapon and what is Clark doing? Spending the night with Lana. Then he gets mad at Chloe and goes back to using her for his own purposes and to do his own dirty work. What a moron. He deserves anything bad that happens to him from this point on.

So true, this was the time Clark needed to focus on Lex and how he was going to stop Lionel's warnings. For crying out loud the man died b/c of it.

Comment

You mean sit on his ass and bother Chloe instead of doing something productive? Like, oh I don't know, call Ollie and ask for some help? Go look for Brainiac? Think about asking Jor-El for help on his own? Yes, I know plenty of people who would do more than sit at Lana's bedside and mope.

Starting with Clark from seasons 1-5.
                              I would have been ok with that explanation if Clark hadn't said point blank as his last words in the previous episode that he wasn't gonna let Lex hurt anyone. I would have been ok if he had just said that he needs to take care of Brainiac first to protect others, but he completely contradicted himself by saying he doesn't care about Lex.
                              Exactly! Going after Brainiac first because ot would help Lana (and alos, as a sife effect, save the world) would have been great. Too bad we just got "Lana Lana Lana!"

Comment

Doesn't matter ....a bleeding heart will always have more strength that what seems logical.He may be kryptonian but he has been raised as a human.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎